KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

4.0
Scentsy  CEO & Co-Owner Orville Thompson
Orville Thompson

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The people at Scentsy are great to work with and I have made many friends and acquaintances here.(in 29 reviews)
  • "Great benefits and campus to work on.(in 19 reviews)
  • "The culture is great(in 14 reviews)
  • "The products are amazing and the company is so awesome!(in 7 reviews)
  • "extra money and stuff you buy goes toward what you earn each month(in 7 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Scentsy and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Director

Jun 28, 2022 - Certified Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work for yourself on your own time

Cons

Working around the clock and dealing with shipping issues

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great Company

Jun 30, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really takes care of its employees

Cons

A little difficult to know what’s going on, what big initiatives are

3. 3.0
    Former Employee

Scentsy Star Consultant

Jun 27, 2022 - Work From Home
    Business Outlook

Pros

The harder you work, the more you'll make. Plenty of fun incentives throughout the year including all-inclusive trips, really nice luggage, jewelry, and lots of other things.

Cons

You are required to spend your personal money on any order that you place for customers before you can close out orders. Lots of time involved for very little pay.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

So much promise yet……

Jun 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Meridian, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

Many of the people are dedicated to making Scentsy a great place to work

Cons

Upper Management decision making operates in a vacuum and belatedly asks for input. Lack of respect for those who bring new ideas to the table results in silos that prevent cross departmental collaboration.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great for beginner customer service

Jun 14, 2022 - Lead Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to get into customer service. I learned a lot.

Cons

I didn’t like being pushy, and the pay wasn’t great.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Has its problems, but good overall

Jun 10, 2022 - Business Data Analyst III in Meridian, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits Flexible schedule Non-traditional perks Friendly people Options for career exploration in most departments

Cons

Chaotic executive structure - you rarely know who's accountable for what Everyone claims everything is urgent all the time

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work!

May 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love the culture, employee benefits and perks! And it smells great too. The DC is climate controlled and you can't beat that with Texas weather. This is a great place for work/life balance.

Cons

I have no cons to add.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

Jun 1, 2022 - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in Meridian, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture atmosphere, and team building.

Cons

Pay is on the lower end for the same position.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Wonderful Environment to work in

May 20, 2022 - Devops Engineer in Meridian, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have never enjoyed the people I worked with more than at Scentsy. They have a very good on-boarding process and are committed to ongoing education

Cons

Pay is a little under industry average, and they are a little behind in tech.

10. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

My honest God opinion

May 17, 2022 - Picker/Packer in Coppell, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Paid weekly/I love the job and the company but it's the people who run it it. I wish I could retire from it but they about to run me away with all this hate and racism and drama. I'm a peaceful person and just want to be somewhere I feel accepted and respected as the person I am.

Cons

The pros for Scentsy located in Coppell tx, This location there are so many rules firstly no cell phone on the floor so if you have kids the job has to get in contact with you and that's not cool because it could be an emergency. Secondly I am forced to listen to Mexican music 98% of my shift they play the same music daily and mostly Mexican music and wonder why they can't keep employees. I am in no way racists I love all people as God has instructed me to..but there are more Mexican/Latina at this job and there is so much hate and favoritism at this place I literally have cried several time since I been at this job some not all are racists and treat black people like very poor. I have encountered being bullied by other employees and nothing was done about it I have encountered being bullied and picked on and laughed at by employees. As I was learning things about the job and if I made a mistake they literally laughed in my face as if I was dumb they glorify your mistakes and make fun of you. For ex the one of the leads told All her Spanish friends another employee forgot their password and they laughed and laughed about it but the employee understands Spanish and remained quiet so they are bad at talking about people and making fun of people they don't treat all equal and they will keep doing this if no one speaks out about it. All the managers and supervisors are Mexican or Latina and are female and if they don't like you they will treat you like they don't. I was told they sabatoge people work by changing your picker number and I believe that because my first week of learning I made very few mistakes and then they kept telling me I had so many errors. I'm quiet and don't bother much with people but I'm very professional and cordial but I feel they pick on you to run people off the supervisors are disrespectful and very snappy they definitely cater to their own at this place honestly it's no togetherness it's racially divided. If Scentsy wants to know why they can't keep employees when they hire so many it's because of the leads and supervisors they are messy they talked about me like a dog in my face in Spanish and laughed about it. Only if Scentsy knew what was really going on maybe they could keep people around longer. Also the biggest con is you get paid 16.00 but some how unrealistically they want the Packers to make at least 1150 orders per day which to me is kind of bizarre because when you pack with ice that's and extra step and if your missing items most of the time you have go pick them yourself if someone picked the wrong item or forgot and item there is no time for error. I could see 600/800 a day but 1150 or more is crazy. Then I was told by another employee that your numbers don't matter during ice season meaning when we have to pack with ice I'm sure that's another factor in why they can't keep people at this place. Some people can't work under pressure and that's all the supervisors talk about you have to make your numbers people most likely get discouraged and quit the job. It's one thing to work but then you have to make a certain amount to keep your job. Basically that's how it goes. Lastly I'm a Christian and I'm not allowed just one air bud in to listen to gospel instead of Mexican music or other music I feel people should have a choice of music.

Scentsy Response

Manager, Talent Management

Posted on behalf of the Vice President of Operations: Thank you for taking the time to provide meaningful feedback and for your desire to continue working with us. Your post calls out several important elements that create a healthy work environment--safety, enjoyable atmosphere, goals and diversity. Allow me to respond to each. SAFETY As you know, our operations department has varying positions that require levels of alertness to ensure safety for the individual employee and those around them. Safety standards are very important to our operations, with several moving parts across the team, as we strive to reduce distractions that may place the employee and others at risk. Cell phone use/access has been one of those areas we have wrestled with. While we want each employee to be accessible to personal/family needs, we need to retain a safe working environment for all. Our hope is, with adequate breaks, we can create personal time and maintain a safe work place. ENJOYABLE ATMOSPHERE Having our employees enjoy coming to work each day, where they can be supported in a developing environment and feel comfortable being authentic to themselves as we grow together, is the true Scentsy culture. We promote growth opportunities at both the individual and team level. At one time, we did review the number of orders processed as a performance metric. Over the past few years, we have moved to a points base metric that better accounts for seasonality and supports employees to be recognized for each activity through the packing process. We have seen a very favorable response to this system, which is developed to recognize the employee’s efforts while supporting them in reaching individual and team goals. GOALS AND DIVERSITY Diversity is at the heart of being a learning organization, where each individual brings learnings and perspective that are irreplaceable to the team. We have a very skilled and diverse leadership group along with internal programs to assist with cultivating a respectful workplace. We will continue to assess the timeliness and reach of these programs to foster personal development within our leadership and employee teams. Thank you again for your feedback. We’re always grateful for the opportunity to receive feedback before valuable employees leave our organization. This helps us as we continue to promote a growth mindset and process your comments in a way that will allow our teams to improve.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 283 Reviews

Scentsy Reviews FAQs

Scentsy has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 352 reviews left anonymously by employees. 77% of employees would recommend working at Scentsy to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Scentsy employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Scentsy. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

77% of Scentsy employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Scentsy 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Scentsy to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Scentsy Job Seekers