ScheduALL Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Sales Representative"

I have been working at ScheduALL full-time

Pros

Great Co Workers/ Flexible Schedule/ Travel to tradeshows

Cons

Direction, lack of training / providing training

Advice to Management

Training needs to be a little more in depth & right away

2. "Great company to Work For!"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hollywood, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hollywood, FL

Pros

I worked in some hi-tech companies in my career; rarely a company gives you the opportunity to have your life in synergy with your duties to the company. ScheduALL is one of a kind, where life events can be considered. In addition, the company has excellent individuals, professionals in their positions. From HR all the way to company's-management - super intelligent, professionals, and caring team. As I was in the development team, we had excellent team members lead by an excellent Development Manager whom on top of everything, plus a great individual to work with. Highly recommended!

Cons

Health insurance in not best in the market

3. "Wonderful small company to work at"

Former Employee - Developer in Hollywood, FL
    Former Employee - Developer in Hollywood, FL

Pros

Well respected brand in the broadcast engineering software industry
    Great management, especially in development
    Flexible scheduling as long as work as completed in a timely manner
    Push to learn new technologies and always stay abreast of current ones
    Often interesting issues and projects to work on
    Great paid time off benefits

Cons

Need to have more team oriented outings! I believe this is being actively worked on

Advice to Management

At the moment the company is in a state of flux. I would let the employees who are there and have been faithful and hardworking for a very long time know that they are appreciated in some way beyond just words! Just to provide them with some comfort that they can still count on a good home there.

"Nothing unexpected"

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Hollywood, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Hollywood, FL

I worked at ScheduALL full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After seeing the last couple of additions to the comments here, I decided to add my experience working for ScheduAll as a “software developer”. Your coworkers are a great bunch of people. Management and direction is abysmal. Like many private companies with a single owner, it can be a quirky work experience.

Contrary to my expectations, what I ended up doing was 100% maintenance on a legacy codebase, fixing bugs that had been documented and untouched in the prior 8 years. This product was built with an extreme cult-like adherence to the twin commandments of absolutely avoiding any technology or method “not invented here” and a refusal to permit even minor refactoring – patch the patches, maximize for LOC metrics. The result is stuff that built in code from scratch in-house where much superior and tested means were available even in those dark, naive Borland OWL days. No isolated modularization, no separation of concerns, lots of dead and duplicated code and a big mud ball of a product –five thousand line methods and methods taking 47 parameters, as actually counted.

That’s the playing ground.

Cons

If you are looking to gain experience in new technology or any actual software development methodology, just forget it; it won’t happen here.

You will not accrue a single additional day of earned vacation time, even after 15 years. You will not be allowed to take more than five days off at a time, and that will be with a stern warning.

There are very few, if any, raises beyond small a cost of living increase, and the organization is extremely top-heavy; there are more managers than proletariat here.

So what incentives does this place offer to your hard work? To explain the bitter comments below, let’s say this: shut up and toe the line, soldier. There is an annual review process in place that is nominal only; this nasty little outfit is known for blowing people off without warning or prior notification, even after a good review.

Advice to Management

Using consultants would seem to be a more forthright approach.

5. "Decent workplace"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL

I worked at ScheduALL full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, nice people, interesting niche..

Cons

Lacks structure and IT resources for improving customer retention.

6. "A nice place to work with an industry reputation to be proud of"

Former Employee - Sales/Marketing in Hollywood, FL
    Former Employee - Sales/Marketing in Hollywood, FL

I worked at ScheduALL full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for ScheduALL provides a nice mix of structure with a caring sense of small business. I was given ownership of my position and opportunities for personal and professional growth. Standard hours with flexibility around my personal needs allowed me to have a good work/life balance.

Cons

Those common of a small business - typical growing pains. If you're proactive and patient, issues are resolved fairly.

7. "This is a "FAMILY" style company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL

I have been working at ScheduALL full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have never worked for an organization where the "PEOPLE" are so nice and really care about you. Sorry that the one guy who shared his bad experience never got a chance to see or experience it. I see it every day from the receptionist to the president - you have people who care and that makes all the difference. If you are looking to be "just a number" in a large organization where no one knows your name this is not the place for you. Here we all pitch in - and that is what a FAMILY does. The company may not have all the frills that some of the larger companies have but they make an effort to provide to their staff as much as they can. With the broadcast and media industry constantly changing, the demands from customers are constantly pushing us to think ahead and not just tomorrow but how do we partner with them to share in their success - that is really a neat feeling.

Cons

Every small company has its challenges and this company is no different. Though promotions are few within some departments the opportunity to move into other areas is available.

Advice to Management

Stay on course. You have passionate people who really want this company to continue in the right direction - give them a chance to be heard.

8. "Very good Company to work for"

I worked at ScheduALL full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am really surprised to see lot of negative reviews about this Company. I guess, just the unhappy ones are taking time to say something here. This is indeed one of the best places that I have ever worked for. I would not say everything about this company is 100% perfect. However, It is one of those rare companies where you could get in at 9 am and leave exactly at 6 pm without having to work on the weekends. Work/life balance is very good and management is very flexible if you have to go somewhere for few hours for personnel things. PTO policy has really improved and it is very easy to use and generous. Pay is average to Industry standards. The best thing about this company is most employees in this company are amazing individuals who are very friendly and helpful. They have a truly wonderful HR department, co-owners of this company are really down to earth and friendly individuals. I have always seen them let every one leave early before every long week-ends and do everything possible to care for the employees. If you get into this company, I am sure you will keep learning something new everyday unlike in most companies where your role is very limited and restricted.

Cons

Promotions from within are very rare. That is mainly because the company has not really grown much even though it is doing just about everything right. Another main concern is if there is a bad apple in the group, be ready to deal with that person for ever, because the management never likes to fire anyone, which could be a good thing and at time a bad thing for the group and company.

"Solid small business that has a leadership position in the industry"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL

I have been working at ScheduALL full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

management seems to genuinely care about the employees
    very interesting industry and this company is the leader with some very big name clients
    the company values and the work / life balance fit me well
    everyone is generally friendly and is trying to do their best

Cons

there are still some "small business" or "immature" processes in place
    may sometimes take on more business that they have a plan to accommodate

Advice to Management

it's hard to argue with the success to date especially considering the longevity of the company, just keep striving to grow and improve

"The best thing about this company is seeing it in your rear view mirror as you drive away as fast as you can."

I have been working at ScheduALL full-time

Pros

There are some good people there who try very hard and the product is interesting. That's it.

Cons

For a company that is 20 or so years old, it is still very immature. Instead of embracing change, they fear it. This is a "paycheck to paycheck" company. As long as there is enough money coming in each month to pay the bills they are content. There may be desire to grow. But, they do not have the right people in place to do it and they fear bringing in outside people to drive the company forward. If your goal is to add/enhance your skills and gain useful experience, you will not get it here sad to say.