Schellman & Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Schellman & Company Reviews

Updated Sep 13, 2019

Found 96 reviews

4.9
Pros
  • "It wasn't boring and nobody micromanages you like they did when I was at a big 4(in 20 reviews)

• "Profit sharing through quarterly bonuses(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "It just depends on what department you are in and whether working from home is a positive or negative thing for you(in 7 reviews)

• "Very fast paced project structure(in 7 reviews)

1. "Exceeded Expectations"

I have been working at Schellman & Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone at Schellman really cares about each other and there is no micro management or hierarchy. Coming from the Big 4, the culture at Schellman is much more inviting with far less less emphasis selling new work and billing client hours (there is no utilization metrics at Schellman). In addition to the people and culture, the salary and benefits are second to none which include a 10% 401k match, $150 monthly... BYOD reimbursement, annual company trip, and quarterly bonuses that put Big 4 annual bonuses to shame.

Cons

No cons for me personally.

Schellman & Company2019-09-13
  2. "Lived up to the hype!"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Schellman & Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

I came from a competitor and was nervous that all the reviews I read on Glassdoor were just hype. After my first couple months, I could tell this company and all the reviews were legit. The interview/hiring process with Lori was extremely easy - she was very responsive and answered any questions I had throughout the process. From the interview process through orientation on-site at the Tampa office, it was clear... that Schellman invests heavily in its internal infrastructure (HR, accounting, IT) - it allowed for a seamless transition into a new company. I was also lucky to start at a great time. A few weeks into my new role, and I was off to Mexico for an all expenses paid trip with a +1. That annual company trip really speaks to how much Schellman values and invests back into its employees. I typically work from home, which can be challenging for some people if you aren't used to that. The great thing is that I never feel like I'm being micro-managed with someone looking over my shoulder all the time. The managers and principals treat you with respect and give you space, as long as you work hard and meet your deadlines. The work/life balance here is incredible. The benefits have been mentioned many times in other reviews, but they are truly second to none and unlike any other company I have worked/interviewed for: -extremely competitive salary -10% 401k match -Generous PTO - 3 weeks per year for new employees PLUS 2 weeks off during Christmas/New Year's when the company shuts down... from experience, those "unlimited PTO" policies at other companies aren't really that great -no-cost healthcare (employee only) -no time entry/billing -fully paid training and certifications (including maintenance fees) -travel bonuses when traveling on non-standard days -quarterly profit sharing bonuses -annual company trips -cell phone/internet reimbursement up to $150/mo -ability to travel

Cons

There's not many I can think of so far. If you don't like to travel, that might be a negative as most of the service delivery personnel are remote. The amount of travel varies by department, but I have been averaging about 1 week of travel out of every 5 weeks.. very reasonable. The only benefit we currently don't have (as far as I know) is a gym membership reimbursement. However, when you're traveling to a... client, you can get reimbursed for gym fees.

Advice to Management

You seem to have the formula down for keeping employees happy while continuing to grow as a company. Keep investing back into your employees and you will keep attracting high-quality talent.

Schellman & Company2019-09-09

"Best Company I've Ever Worked For, Growing Fast, Mom/Pop/Startup Feel"

I have been working at Schellman & Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work is challenging yet rewarding, great clients, the CEO is down to Earth and a legend, paid certifications and training, remote when not traveling, bonuses are great, competitive pay, welcoming home office, great work-life balance (if you use your vacation), company trip is always a blast

Cons

Scheduling and poor project planning can lead to project overflow, growing faster than can hire

Advice to Management

Listen to Senior pain points around scheduling

Schellman & Company2019-06-19

"Amazing Company to Work With"

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Schellman & Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is weird to say, but I feel as though I go to work with a bunch of friends here. No one treats you like you work FOR them, more like you work WITH them. It's a great team environment. Enjoy going to work every day, whether that involves working from home, a shared office space, or a client site. Too many pros to list, but I will hit a few here: - Amazing benefits (seriously amazing benefits) - Great... management team that empowers employees - Great professional staff in Tampa that supports sales, development, service delivery, IT, etc. - Cool HQ office and even cooler leadership - Career development and training out the wazoo - List goes on... I didn't want to detail the specific amazing benefits as they end up changing (for the better) every couple years or so. It would be hard to keep up and continue revising this post. Some big ones people love though are 2 weeks off at the end of the year, a paid company trip, and a great 401(k) match. I know what you are thinking, but no, it is not too good to be true.

Cons

Hard to think of any honestly. Upper management continues to push through good initiatives and improve the company and work environment year after year.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Schellman & Company2019-03-01
  5. "Can't get any better than this!"

I have been working at Schellman & Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Salary, Benefits, PTO, EVERYTHING! Everyone is very knowledgeable and works really hard as a team to get things done together.

Cons

None from my perspective, but others may think differently.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, continue to recognize those who work hard day in and day out to get the mission complete.

Schellman & Company2018-11-16

"Jackpot!"

I have been working at Schellman & Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

10+ years ago I interviewed for a position and thought to myself, "this is too good to be true". Here I am, more than a decade later, and I realize I hit the jackpot. The perks and benefits they described in my interview all those years ago not only turned out to be true, but they've made so many improvements along the way. The benefits are amazing, we work with the best clients and auditors in the industry, and... there is a strong sense of purpose among the team. To be in an industry where people are constantly job hopping, I am very grateful to have found my home at Schellman. Pros: - Finding pride in my work through the company's focus on quality - Setting your own pace and progression with the ability to increase expertise, achieve certifications, and create a customized professional and personal development path - Profit sharing through quarterly bonuses - An annual corporate party that is not only a blast, but demonstrates to employees (and their significant others) that the company cares about its people - Working with top talent - Finding both support and leadership from the executive team in day-to-day aspects of the job. Chris and Avani are excellent leaders with an open door policy. They make it very apparent that they genuinely care about their employees and clients - A travel policy that bonuses employees when they have to travel outside of the standard M-Th - Did I say, Lasik?

Cons

None come to mind unless you don't want to travel. (Travel for me is a pro - especially since we get to keep our car, hotel and airline points...I haven't paid for a vacation in years).

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and THANK YOU!!

Schellman & Company2018-10-30

"Great company if you like to travel and work remotely"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Schellman & Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you're not in the Tampa office you can work remotely when you are not traveling, which is great. If you have to travel on a weekend there is a cash bonus to make it worth your trouble, and the profit sharing program is transparent and generous.

Cons

If you don't enjoy traveling, you will burn out.

Advice to Management

Keep on rewarding for good work!

Schellman & Company2018-10-24

"A company this amazing is so hard to find!"

I have been working at Schellman & Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's so rare to find a company that listens to suggestions and lets their employees implement their ideas and initiatives. Since it's a smaller firm, it's easy to contribute and stand out. The benefits are great and we do lot of team-building events.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Continue to let the true leaders lead. They are why our environment is as great as it is. Changing this might impact the positive morale.

Schellman & Company2018-10-18

"Almost 2 years..."

I have been working at Schellman & Company full-time

Pros

The past two years have flown by! So much has changed for me personally, and I'm thankful to have a company/ management that cares. Even though, there are parts of my position that are a bit redundant, I feel it is well balanced with the unknowns. I can still see myself here for years to come, hopefully earn that 10 year Rolex!

Cons

There are none at the moment.

Schellman & Company2018-10-12

"Awesome Work Environment with Friendly Co Workers"

I have been working at Schellman & Company full-time

Pros

Close-knit co-workers, positive work environment, casual attire, open communication with management, no red-tape to implement new ideas. The list could go on! Schellman is a great place to work with great management.

Cons

Operations has limited opportunities to work from home. However, Service Delivery is mainly a remote work force. It just depends on what department you are in and whether working from home is a positive or negative thing for you!

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency and open communication. Nice job!

Schellman & Company2018-10-12