Schlesinger Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Steven Schlesinger

Pros
  • Fun people, easy commute, flexible hours (in 8 reviews)

• Flexible schedule, depending on where you are scheduled you get more/less freedom (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • project managers will tell on you about any and everything (in 15 reviews)

• Negative attitude by employees (due to lack of respect from upper management) (in 13 reviews)

1. "PM Review"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Schlesinger Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Room to move up in the company

Cons

Salary tends not to be competitve

Advice to Management

Better Salaries & better work/life balance

2. "Nice place to work for"

Former Employee - Qualitative Assistant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Qualitative Assistant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Schlesinger Associates part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Enjoyed my time there. Everyone was real nice and professional. Dealt with a lot of Fortune 500 clients.

Cons

Hours were kind of crazy, but that's because the work was dependent on when client would schedule their events.

Advice to Management

Keep on rocking.

"Dont work here no matter how desperate you are to find a job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Schlesinger Associates (More than a year)

Pros

PM's were cool and friendly - and felt bad for them because they are severely overworked
    They did have a good least expensive benefits package and a 401K plan (but who wants to put money away when the pay rate isnt that good)

Cons

When I left the company I was made to feel so bad about myself. There were two occasions where I was accused of things about myself which were completely false. So if you work at this dump, you could at some point and will be accused of and labeled as something you arent before you even have a chance to speak up. It's a shoot first ask later mentality. They jump to conclusions too quickly about staff. I never spent so much time and energy (all wasted) on conference calls and emails having to explain who I am. I love the conference calls about how the company can improve and of course they wont do anything, really pathetic. It's been that way for years. It's the most disorganized place to work ever. Because project managers have 10+ jobs they cannot get around to everything, answer email inquiries. There is a ton of miscommunication, getting emails about who is in what study with the managers being unaware at times, but it's not their fault. It's the fault of the higher ups who think project managers can manager 10+ jobs at a time and spend countless hours communicating with clients, many of which complain about the company. Respondents often call or email wondering where their money is because the payment process slow and inefficient the way it is currently handled. They focus their attention to useless, meaningless staff parties so they can post on instagram to show some (fake) happy faces, as if that was a way to improve the company's reputation.
    I stayed because it's my line of work and didn't care because I was still having fun doing my work. It is an environment that I am used to, but yeah it's a horrible place to work. Despite doing a good job making efforts to fill groups, I was grossly mistreated, for things about my character that were not even remotely close to being true. Even when I was laid off (wrongfully i might add) , I still wouldn't have minded gone back only because I was comfortable, I liked my team lead. I just wanted to do my job but behind the scenes office politics, micromanagement, and lots of confusion on projects would always get in the way, which took away a lot of dialing time. There is a reason for the high turnover rate, with many leaving, well escaping is more like it for something better. The company's morale rate was 55% - and there is are reasons why that is too. You are better off working at McDonald's or some other low rent job than to take this. No matter how good you are at your job, if you do something which the high management does not like or understand, or if someone says something about you which isnt true, be prepared for the worst. You can work your butt off and it will not matter. Oh when the year ends and at the annual Christmas party their Christmas bonus is a 10.00 Starbucks gift card, oh joy !
    Read all the other negative reviews - they are all 100% TRUE

Advice to Management

Project managers should all leave for greener pastures where they will be not be so overwhelmed. Upper management needs to actually care about their staff without mistreating them and not make a judgement without talking to the person in question first.

5. "Simple job as long as you stay on top of things. Great people to work with."

Current Employee - Qualitative Assistant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Qualitative Assistant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Schlesinger Associates part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility. They work with you each week to set your schedule. Great experience if you are into marketing. Lots to learn about the industry.

Cons

Lack of hours. Some months are much busier than others and it can be a pain trying to juggle school and work but the hours are sometimes only available during your school schedule

Advice to Management

Would be nice to have some kind of extra incentive or bonus to look forward to, especially on the busier days

"don't do it"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Iselin, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Iselin, NJ

I worked at Schlesinger Associates (More than 3 years)

Pros

paycheck, some co-workers, free food at times

Cons

upper mgmt, benefits, pay, upper mgmt, upper mgmt

Advice to Management

listen to your people- walk in their shoes for a day

7. "Awesome"

Current Employee - Administrative in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Administrative in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Great company nice people loving envioprment

Cons

Non everything over here is awesome

Advice to Management

nothinh

8. "Meet some great people"

Current Employee - Facility Manager in Iselin, NJ
    Current Employee - Facility Manager in Iselin, NJ

I have been working at Schlesinger Associates (More than 8 years)

Pros

Every day is different, work with a great team and meet some really awesome clients.

Cons

Long hours and always needing to be connected.

"Don't waste your time!"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Iselin, NJ
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Iselin, NJ

Pros

None too share sorry..oh but the pizza in the area is really good.

Cons

85% of the people working there are unprofessional. Also, there is a racist undertone in the workplace. If you are black they will accuse you of being angry and having a threatening nature just because you're black. Steer clear of the place as there's no point to working there. The pay is low, middle and upper management are incompetent, racist, unorganized, and don't care about their employees. Don't waste your time. Listen to me and the other 80 people who say the place sucks. Its honestly not the place for educated people looking to develop within a good company. If you have standards and respect for yourself and your future you need to keep looking for another opportunity. You will not be satisfied working in that environment. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

Advice to Management

Address the structural/subconscious racism, get rid of hr, long time employees with bad habits, develop rules, and have people stick to them.

Schlesinger Associates Response

Jul 18, 2016 – Human resource Associate

At Schlesinger Associates we foster an environment of mutual respect, trust, equality and professionalism. We also monitor our company culture. Our management team is passionate about our people ... More

10. "Qualitative Assistant"

Current Employee - Qualitative Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Qualitative Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Schlesinger Associates part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture and work flexibility.

Cons

Schedule varies and some shift are longer than 8 hours

"Telephone Interviewer"

Former Employee - Telpehone Interviewer in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Telpehone Interviewer in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Schlesinger Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people there felt like family.
    very flexible hours
    nice office.

Cons

the pay.
    management trying to get studies closed off of horrible quotas.
    project managers will tell on you about any and everything.
    No upward growth