Schneider Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Schneider President and CEO Chris Lofgren
Chris Lofgren

Pros
  • Managers respect work / life balance , and allow the option to work from home full time (in 19 reviews)

• Great team leaders, great management of home time, pay is good, they always have you moving to make you money (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance could be better (in 19 reviews)

• low pay but room for improvement (in 23 reviews)

1. "I think that Schneider is a very good job to have and a good company to work for."

Current Employee - Security Guard in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Security Guard in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Schneider full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They have very good pay scale

Cons

Looks like there is no cons

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Very organized company. Help is always available."

Current Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Schneider full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best safety program for drivers right out of school. The training is 3 weeks and it is worth it because it gives you the safety foundation to prevent accidents, protect company assets and your CDL. Theres always loads so it is very rare the ocassion you will wait a short time for another load. Very professional staff always there to assist drivers as needed 24/7.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about this company. If you follow the rules like every industry you will be a very succesfull driver.

"One of the worst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The companies 401K and vacation policy. These benefits are available to you with no waiting period.

Cons

The hours, pay scale is pretty low for industry standards. Raises are either paid as in cents instead of a percentage. But your even lucky to get that. Promotions take years.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees as people and not numbers. Use a better merit system for determination of raises. Have staff meetings with office personnel to better get ideas and feedback on how to deal with issues.

"Schneider is good to me."

Current Employee - Dedicated Driver in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Dedicated Driver in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Lots of loads, nice trucks, lots of driver opinion.

Cons

60 mph is what you have to run but trucks will go 64mph

Advice to Management

Great for new drivers

"tipical big trucking company, where the people in the office has nothing to live for."

Former Employee - OTR Driver in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - OTR Driver in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Schneider full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the miles are there if you want to drive

Cons

nothing uncommon, it is the same every where

Advice to Management

why bother

7. "Dbl, dispatcher"

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Schneider full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay and recruiter's and the training

Cons

DBL and her manager was not interested in the trucker's safety just keeping the truck moving. No matter what.

Advice to Management

Listen to your truck drivers

"Not the best"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Schneider full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Get your home time and paid for it. Well because truck is always broke down. Other than that there ok

Cons

Too many channels to go through. They don't relay messages and getting ahold of after hours is about impossible.

Advice to Management

Better training. Better organized training. Take better care of your trucks like alow them to get washed once a month not twice a year.

"In sales, big company, lots of freight, internally focused, not customer friendly."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Compensation was very fair, work/life balance excellent.

Cons

direction is profit driven, focus is internal, not based on customer or customer service.

Advice to Management

talk is customer friendly, operations does not act this way, all about profit.

"Decent company for a newbie"

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Schneider full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Recent grad, decent benefits, OTR experience, atlanta crew was very good.

Cons

I was on a jcpenny dedicated account when I was asked to start my sleeper birth time while I was at a shipper to do a run dispatch wanted me to do that was a eight hour run. I said no.If u speak up there is a problem. No paid days off sick holidays personal but want to micro manage you. Detention slavery wages sit four hours for 20$. All dispatch should be on one accord. I recently resigned. Since I've been on this jcpenny account my check has been incorrect. One week I didn't even get paid. That's when it's time to go.

Advice to Management

Better leadership practice what u preach as far as safety. Pay needs to be better.

""AS LONG AS ITS NOT TAKING AWAY MONEY FROM SCHNEIDER'S POCKETS NOTHING ELSE MATTERS.""

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Schneider full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was lucky enough to get a Newer model Tractor (2011 FRIEGHTLINER). Most of the terminals were pretty decent (the other half your better off finding a truck stop). Allot of Taining, Safty Training which is always good. I was able to pick my days off for each month.My days off were honored for the most.

Cons

The other 6 classmate weren't so lucky, they got 2002-2005 FRIEGHTLINERs. They complained every day about something not working on the older model trucks. The tanker trailers are old, dirty, rusted, dented and parts falling off. You have to work there 1year to get 7days paid (Gross $500 for 7 days) Vacation. The benefits are horrible they have their own insurance which most people Opt-Out. They have allot of sensors in the tractors that tells them instantly if your over speeding (3 mph over the governer speed which is 59mph ) if you turn fast or brake too hard; they call these "Critical Event". If you recieve too many "Critical Event" in 30day period thats grounds for termination. Theres allot of micro management. The Estimated Salary for the year was a LIE!!!. Im Regional driver and I made little over $30000 annual. My classmate drove over the road (OTR) he made $35000 in one year. I average 1000-1500 miles per week. I was told by Schneider i would avg 2000-2500 miles per week; "Thats a Lie!!!" BONUS thats a Myth! "Bonuses" are give every Quarter/3months ($400-600). There are so many things that you as a driver can and will do to prevent you from getting that "Bonus". Ive yet met a driver from Schneider that recieved a "Bonus". Schneider has a High Turn Over Rate. The instructor at Schneider told us out of the class of 7, only 1 will remain with this company a year from now; And he was Right!!!. I work 12-14 hours 7days a week, away from my families, sleeping in a truck, transport Hazardous Chemicals, driving a vehicle that weigh 78000lbs in all types of weather for $400-$600 pay check every week!!!??. I did my One Year. This is my last week. Dueces!!!

ALL THESE BIG COMPANIES ARE THE SAME. FIND A SMALL FAMILY OWNED COMPANY. EVENTUALLY BUY YOUR OWN TRUCK AND BE YOUR OWN BOSS. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THE LEASE TO OWN PROGRAM AND GET TRAPPED IN A BINDING CONTRACT FOR 5 YEARS.

Advice to Management

Value your Drivers. We are the ones bringing in the "milk and honey" for Schneider National. The Pay is horrible. Its 2014 truck driver's have a life after we park Schneider's trucks. We can't sustain our families and bills with $400-$600 pay check. I spoke with several other Schneider drivers and they complain every week about not been able to make ends meet; because we are under paid. We are out there putting our lives and others on the line for "peanut money". These reviews will reach the eyes of many. Schneider Management fix these problems that currently exist and stop ignoring us.