Schneider Electric Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Schneider Electric President and CEO Jean-Pascal Tricoire
Jean-Pascal Tricoire

Pros
Cons
  • Average work life balance in some cases (in 78 reviews)

• No work life balance or advancement (in 20 reviews)

"Would Not Recommend to Anyone"

Current Employee - Business Line in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Business Line in Boston, MA

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I honestly sat and thought about this to be unbiased and always document some 'pros' as there should at least be something positive to document. I could not come up with any.

Cons

Where do I start. I have read the reviews above especially the feedback from Schneider telling employees to go to HR with their concerns, HR is not Confidential and does more damage. Train HR and Management or eliminate the damage and bring in new. The good ole boys network must dissipate. Smoking the 'green', erratic behavior is all an embarrassment that everyone notices but Schneiders senior Executives that tell our customers and Partners you turn your heads and do not care. Talent has left to our competitors, customers have gone to those who have left and the oblivious eyes are doing what? You have potential if you take the blinders off and take a good look around. Hello France - take a look at the US.

Advice to Management

Take heed at the above. A good qtr does not make a good company. In my career I have watched 'people' take companies down. Down let that happen to what has been built. Your competitors are all laughing at your employees and rightfully so - they are winning all the deals.

"Downward Spiral"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Remote, OR

Pros

Decent Pay, Good Benefits and people although there is a mass exodus of good employees.

Cons

After 12 very successful years at Square D resigned because of the direction the company is going. Typical day is spent resolving issues with either production or scheduling and listening to customer complaints.

Used to love my job and was highly motivated to excel. Recent changes to Management (Services Division over the last 6 months) have created an extremely toxic work environment which is causing a mass exodus of employees. Seems like people speak out of the sides of their mouths to cover themselves in a failing system. After 12 years of exceeding Sales Targets - Bonus Program modified to take away dollars from the high achievers and award lackluster performance.

Promises broken and a lack of ethics dominate the work environment.

Advice to Management

Investigate ethics issues of Services Sales Management

3. "Wiring Technician"

Current Employee - Wire Technician in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Wire Technician in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Schneider Electric (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot of overtime most of the time

Cons

Working over time is mandatory, the pay is ridiculously low, most of supervisors barely have a basic level of education and lack of people skills. Low compensation, no flexibility and minimum vacation

5. "Material handler"

Former Employee - Material Handler in Fresno Crossing, CA
    Former Employee - Material Handler in Fresno Crossing, CA

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I still have a job, that's what they tell us. There's really no pro at the moment besides still being able to pay SOME bills.

Cons

More duties, NO PAY, NO TITLE. To much pressure and favoritism. HR is also horrible here. Laying off people left to right.

"Invensys acquisition brings toxic culture..."

Former Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Schneider Electric still has teams that focus on turn-key solutions for end-users.

Cons

Toxic high-level management bickering has negatively impacted the company's ability to deliver solutions.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the toxic individuals that are poisoning your well of good will with your customer base.

7. "The Company from HELL to work for."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time

Pros

There was nothing good about this company.

Cons

The company lets there so call manager and senior manager bully there employee. The managers lies to there employee and when 20 some employee have nothing good to say about the management there is something wrong with the company. The so call manager is having employee work up to 18 hrs. shift and have them work when they are sick. The employee are afraid they will lose there job it they don't follow the manager order of working sick and long hours.

"Steady paycheck"

Current Employee - Field Service Representative in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Field Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time

Pros

As the title says, the job is good for a steady paycheck.

Cons

To start, there is poor training from day 1. They constantly roll out new products but provide no training on the product or even warning of it's existence to the field personel that are supposed to be the field experts on the product. The compensation is below the industry average. The worst sin though, A direct quote from management should tell what Schneider thinks of home/work balance. " This job is a lifestyle, you need to be ready to work at any time. Family is important but if I call your phone you have to answer."

Advice to Management

Supervise the supervisors to prevent nepotism and favoritism. Most importantly, enforce the rules on management the same way you would on the grunts. If you say a workday can only be so long then audit your lower employees time carss to make sure their managers aren't ignoring it.

"Manufacturing Engineering"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Portland, OR

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Currently I can think of none.

Cons

Management brought in from other failed Schneider facilities... They are repeating their mistakes from the past - DO what they are told with no thought or plan for the consequences...

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff... You are not the only professionals at the table.

"no"

Current Employee - Picker in Athens, TX
    Current Employee - Picker in Athens, TX

I have been working at Schneider Electric (Less than a year)

Pros

No pros for this job, wouldn't recommend this job to anybody. I would never go back to this place even if there is no other job. Employees are very negative and the workplace is way to humid and hot to work in.

Cons

All cons for this job. This job is not recommended for anyone that is not use to the heat or no teamwork. Employees are not pleasant to work with in this workplace. Everybody is to worried about if they will have a job by the end of the week.

Advice to Management

none

"Project Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time

Pros

Good payment for entry level sometimes exceeded former employee.
    60% travel
    Every one has a title of manager (too many managers)
    Time passed very quickly I entered at 30 and left when I was 38

Cons

No career development even if you were a hard worker
    Too many conflicts between company entities due to absence clear strategy and governor rules.
    If you can say nice words and take care of managers you will deserve salary raise and promotion.
    Too many employees are leaving company and loaded pending activities on remaining people for cost reduction without considering overtime or evaluate added activities.

Advice to Management

Keep your eyes on you loyal and honest employees, and keep your open door for any one who left the company and want to return back, keep your eyes on your resources managers because they are causing opportunity losing for company due to racism and personal interests.

Showing 164 of 2,493 reviews