Schneider Electric Reviews | Glassdoor

Jean-Pascal Tricoire

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Service Coordinator"

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time

Pros

Schneider Electric is one of the best companies I have ever worked for in terms of benefits, work/life balance, and perks in general.

Cons

Service Department lacks clear, consistent direction. The business model was changed and then changed back in less than a year. I had 5 managers in less than a year. The last a brand new manager with no experience or leadership skills. The North American Market for SE is extremely nepotistic. Service technicians are leaving the company for better pay and prospects causing manpower shortages in the field and the scheduling department is bearing the blame for customer satisfaction issues in spite of the fact that management had chosen not to back fill open requisitions. The company is pushing bright, talented people away.

Advice to Management

Don't put people in leadership who don't know how to lead. Work to retain quality employees instead of allowing heavy handed managers who lack experience and the ability to deal with employees effectively to push them out. The skillset for the work isn't hard to come by, anyone can learn to do it. But, you can't teach people to love their jobs or be dedicated to your customers. Those are the people who will save your business.

"Good Company, Poor Leadership"

Current Employee - Operations in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Operations in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent pay and benefits. Schneider is a leader in the industry and very well respected within the business sectors they are involved.

Cons

Change in leadership within Global Supply Chain has caused tremendous turmoil with total disregard to employees and their future. The direction and future looks very bleak at best.

Advice to Management

Learn from the past, value your employees

3. "Electric panel assembly"

Pros

Hands on, interesting work. Challenging and rewarding.

Cons

Takes a long while to be hired permanently.

Advice to Management

Hire your good employees that know what they are doing and don't make them wait 3, 4, or 5 years for a permanent position. Don't replace your good employees with new hires that don't have a clue, coming from candy factories and have no experience-clueless.

4. "Far"

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay, different, own boss, travel

Cons

Travel, pay increase, emails, life

Advice to Management

Work life

5. "ADP Program at Schneider Electric"

Current Employee - Advanced Development Program in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Advanced Development Program in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company culture. My coworkers are some of my best friends.

Cons

Low opportunities for growth. Very structured pay grades. Not merit-based enough.

Advice to Management

More pay flexibility.

Jul 25, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you for your review. Our people truly make Schneider Electric a great place to work, and we are so glad to hear your fellow employees are considered some of your best friends. We are focused... More

"Inside Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in West Kingston, RI
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in West Kingston, RI

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Large corporation with many opportunities for advancement and growth. Competitive salary and great benefits. Due to the number of roles and different departments within this company, there are many chances for you to move over to a new department if you want to explore a different type of role and job function.

Cons

Because of the size of the company, the management structure at the company is very much hierarchal. You can be in the same department and even in the same job role as a colleague but have a manager who's style is completely different than that of your colleagues. This can be terrible if your on the team who has a manager that's not good at his role and doesn't treat his team well and meanwhile you're seeing your colleagues getting to have a completely different experience all because their manager has a completely different style and/or is more competent.

Culture in some departments is very old fashioned depending on what branch of Schneider you are working for.

"Anonymous Hopkins sc."

Former Employee - Anonymous in Hopkins, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Hopkins, SC

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing products, challenging work, pay and benefits were good. Technical staff were very knowledgeable and helpful. The Schneider brand carries some weight in the market.

Cons

They toss temp employees out like garbage if they aren't needed with little or no notice. They have an obsolete model of leadership in the plant, feels like a 1980s plant. They still run things off of who you know and seniority,there is almost no way to get merit based promotions. Essentially if you have been there for a while and can make a sr. Manager happy, you are set.

Advice to Management

Move into the 21st century. Adopt merit based promotions. Treat Temps as humans not trash.

"Marketing"

Current Employee - Marketing in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Marketing in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Schneider Electric (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, good office space

Cons

Slow adopter of new trends/best techniques

Advice to Management

n/a

Jul 7, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you for your review. We aim to offer great benefits for our employees and are glad you saw that as a positive part of your Schneider Electric experience.

"Fair Place to Work but not Without Problems"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Clovis, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Clovis, CA

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Plenty of freedom and opportunity. Schneider Electric is a very large company with many brands. Moving around your own organization or even into other arms within Schneider is not too difficult.

Cons

Salaries are not great, especially if you have been with the company a long time. It is better to move around a lot and/or leave the company if you want to make more money. Good management is very lacking nowadays as inexperienced discount managers are brought in. Retaining employees is a huge issue for the last several years making things difficult for those that stick around.

Jul 13, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you for your review. We are focused on providing internal opportunities for our employees, and building our internal talent through experience, exposure, and education. We take internal... More

10. "Ok"

Current Employee - Engineer in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Engineer in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

decent benefits, but pay is average

Cons

Lots of layoffs, priority on margin

Aug 1, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you for your review. We strive to provide employees with competitive compensation and benefits.

Showing 801 of 2,958 reviews