Schneider Electric Reviews | Glassdoor

1,276 Ratings

2,741 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Best Company in the industry period!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Schneider is a fresh breath of air for me. It's is a company that does not judge you based on culture but ability. Many companies in our industry (Process Automation) use the term you don't fit the culture. Which is definition for you don't look like us. Schneider focuses on hiring top talent and strengthening that talent. Through training, developing and actually caring about its employees. Instead of the old and outdated good old boy system. Which brings no true value to customers.

Cons

It's a big company with a lot of procedures that need streamlining. Hiring takes a bit of patience but I guess anything worth having take time to get. Hey I had to put something here.

Advice to Management

Keep staying ahead of the industry. You may stand out but those that lead always do. Oh and streamline some of those processes.

Schneider Electric Response

May 5, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you for such a positive review! We are very proud of our focus on strengthening the skills of each of our employees. Great people like you make us a great company!

2. "Good company even in tough times."

Current Employee - Senior Design Engineer in Seneca, SC
    Current Employee - Senior Design Engineer in Seneca, SC

Pros

I've been with the company for about 1.5 years and due to the economy we had the inevitable layoffs in December. Even though our plant was impacted several of the people that were on the list were actually reassigned to other positions instead of losing their jobs. They did a good job in trying to keep people around and I am grateful of that. I was able to keep my job and they were able to keep my knowledge.

Cons

The layoffs were a little bit scary and they did layoff people, but the impact wasn't as harsh as some thought. Training could be a little better.

Advice to Management

Need a better training system.

3. "Great company in a great position for the future"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Nashville, TN

Pros

Opportunity for advancement in a company moving in the right direction for the future. The company is constantly looking for new opportunities, companies and people that are flexible and want to work hard. The European management culture is also an advantage as work - life balance is ensured. The people are extremely talented and when layoffs are conducted it is based on opportunities for the future, not how long a person has worked here. I would recommend anyone to work in this company as the future is bright and the opportunities are almost endless.

Cons

Not much - perform and you will be taken care of

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent

4. "Great place to learn and grow !! Highly recommend it."

Current Employee - Product Manager in Lexington, KY
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Lexington, KY

Pros

decent salary
    good benefits and pension plan
    friendly people/peers/coworkers
    low stress
    good balance between work and family life unless you're in senior mgmt
    company is in an oligoply market so little competition and low growth

Cons

slow career growth
    things dont get done quickly
    mgmt sometimes is confused between short term business approach and long term strategy
    for entry level employees salary is a lot lower than competitors
    lot of employees slack off at work.

Advice to Management

need to communicate better with staff. need to have coherent long term strategy and not be myopic in vision. listen to employee feedback surveys and implement necessary changes.

5. "Great Place for an Intern!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Intern in Palatine, IL
    Current Employee - Human Resources Intern in Palatine, IL

Pros

Lots of projects to work on that have real value on the business. Just make sure to be proactive. I got experience in recruiting, on-boarding, talent management, compensation and more.

Cons

Couldn't use the workout facility - although I believe this policy has changed now. You really must be proactive to make your experience really meaningful.

Advice to Management

Keep on recruiting interns! Their intern program is new but it is advancing very fast and I think much emphasis should be placed on it.

6. "Promising ---Disappointed to be gone"

Former Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in Palatine, IL
    Former Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in Palatine, IL

Pros

Schneider Electric is strong when it comes to a work-life balance. The average employee ---even administrative assistants --- are given laptops. This allows everyone to work from home IF NECESSARY. While I witnessed many taking advantage of this benefit, I only witnessed one ro two folks abuse it.

I don't know if it was the company, or the supervisor...but we had trust and respect that is hard to beat in both directions.

Cons

Very clicky! If you don't have the right boss, you won't stay employed longer than 12 months.

Advice to Management

Create career path for admins....promote them to other positions from within. Encourage job sharing among admins, to break down the clicks

7. "Driven and balanced"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Richmond, VA

Pros

It's hard to find a place that encourages you to be both driven for success, and balanced in your work/personal life.

Cons

Very, very large. Easy to get lost.

Advice to Management

Always remember that every decision made at the top can and will make real world changes for people at the bottom.

"Great place to be if you are motivated and love to be a part of an international team."

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Costa Mesa, CA

Pros

It was such a fun place to work because of the team. I loved that it is international and I got to communicate and get to know people from all around the world. It is a place where you build your own career, if you are motivated and have ambition, you will succeed.

Cons

Sometimes politics got in the way of what really mattered for the business.

Advice to Management

Doing great, communicate more with employees and more team building events in between departments would do well for the environment of the company.

9. "Bright future, glad to be part of the journey"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Internal mobility permitting movement between departments and teams; great benefits and good salary; high growth industry with a lot of future potential; visionary leadership with ambitious goals; training and development opportunity for those who take ownership of their own learning

Cons

Growing pains from such quick, large-scale expansion; processes and getting required approvals can weight things down and make it difficult to do things as quickly as needed; executive leaders have great vision, but are not always able to communicate that clearly and easily to all employees--this leaves some completely unaware and others completely on-board, a recipe for miscommunication and dissatisfied employees

Advice to Management

Maintain open, honest and clear communication; Don't rely on others to cascade information down if it's important, or do it in a way that makes sense; Keep those visionary goals! We love working here and we want to see this company excel; continue to focus on the employees, offering training, development and rewards--we are working hard, recognize that!

10. "Senior Applications Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Applications Engineer in Seneca, SC
    Current Employee - Senior Applications Engineer in Seneca, SC

Pros

Overall, excellent benefits and excellent leadership. Great place to work.

Cons

Can lose sight of the little things at times. Very Large Company

Advice to Management

N/A.

Showing 2,741 of 3,042 reviews