Schneider Electric Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2,677 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"Layoff Happy environment in the USA"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Nashville, TN

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, who care about their peers

Cons

Everyone is in fear of being laid off all the time. It's toxic

"Developers are great, lots of dead wood"

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time

Pros

Strong viable business, many talented friendly software and hardware engineers. Good work / life balance.

Cons

Mid Management has no clue. Process on a process on a process. More mangers than producers. The product is good against the odds and only because people who make it are very good. With tons of administrators, not enough people, who actually know what the product is supposed to do. Dev and QA operate in silos, no connection whatsoever.

Advice to Management

Look at your hierarchy, and who is doing what. It is non productive.

3. "Slow down and think..."

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of variety there. Many great people.

Cons

Company is struggling to keep up with smaller companies that can provide some of the same value more efficiently. Too much catering to investors. Too quick to pursue new offerings before refining what you do currently.

Advice to Management

Fix/upgrade your IT systems and processes. Decentralize your IT by business line. Invest in consultants and administrators to streamline your work and improve work-life balance. Fix your in-place processes.

"Corporate don'ts"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Clovis, CA
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Clovis, CA

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, average pay for the amount of work desired, educational opportunities and financial support

Cons

High paced corporate attitude, little to no consideration for hourly employees as valuable assets, little to no job security leading to low moral

Advice to Management

When costs cutting, start at the top of the management tier and make that well known among all hourly employees.

"Bad management=Bad experience"

Pros

The people I worked with were very friendly, in fact I don't think I've ever gotten along better with any other co-workers. I enjoyed having lunch with them everyday.

Cons

Unfortunately, the same cannot be said of the management. They are full of selfish people who are only interested in getting their own objectives accomplished. My section constantly got work piled on us even though we had a deadline for something else to meet. I was promised that I would be trained on a forklift, but they never did, and when my supervisor tried to talk to them about it, they did not respond. As such I was criticized by the management for being "too slow". How can I work fast if I'm not trained on the machine that I need to pull boxes down!! My advice is to stay away from this company.

Advice to Management

Learn to listen to your supervisors when you are informed that more people are needed to meet a deadline. And stop blaming others for your own mistakes.

"Whatever you do, don't get old."

Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in O'Fallon, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in O'Fallon, MO

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I loved the company when I started (before it was bought by the French). Personal growth and development were encouraged and rewarded.

Cons

Open office environment in St. Louis, too many folks playing while others are working. Management doesn't care, and too many people are backstabbing to get ahead. Heavy workload without commensurate compensation.

Advice to Management

Show more appreciation for the efforts of the people who helped you get ahead.

"One Schneider"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Billerica, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Billerica, MA

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Schneider Electric offers very competitive compensation for minimum effort and contribution. Work / life balance, in its unspoken and unofficial, actual practice in North Billerica definitely allows for flexibility that is fantastic for employees leading a decent family lifestyle. The work is challenging and your colleagues, for the most part, are pleasant enough and relatively friendly in most cases. And there's not a huge sense of pressure or hard deadlines. Things are pretty carefree and loose in the office regarding the pace of the actual work, timelines and overall aspects of the general work environment.

Cons

The company feels a bit 'pretend' and conveys no sense of connected communication with employees at the individual contributor level. There's a lot of surface discussion about feedback and improving the company, but not any sense of urgency or realistic action to start addressing the major company-wide issues in any reasonable projected span of time.

Because there is such a huge disconnect between the lowest level of management and the individual contributors. And because that level of management seems to be too busy managing upwards to really do much else directly with their team, you are left in a vague situation that is not only distracting and unfocused, but also tends to encourage strange team dynamics and issues that never get dealt with in a productive and meaningful way.

Like many gigantic corporations, Schneider suffers from having many disconnected silos of workers all working toward inefficient and circular overlapping efforts, sometimes even within the very same delivery team. And there is little-to no-guidance to help manage these dysfunctions and idiosyncratic bumblings.

Worst of all to me is the eerie sense that everyone is in it for the wrong reasons. There was a genuine lack of passion from members of the team I was on. They were happy and supposedly 'engaged' in the work, but I got the sense that the competitive paycheck and comfortable, unchallenging and slow-paced environment really suited the majority of employees and what they aspired to in life. No real movers and shakers from what I could see.

In the end I was discarded after trying to get support and guidance for several months from my direct manager. It was easier for the company to label me as some sort of troublemaker and dismiss me as 'not a good fit' than to put the team through a short period of slight discomfort and maybe start making reasonable progress at the pace of most other corporations out there. I'm sure its all for the best, but I was barely given the chance and my team was simply too green and xenophobic to deal with me and the vision I wanted to bring to Schneider Electric.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you're doing, you're a big successful company and you really know how to lead the way.

"Management is clueless"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay scale is pretty fair. Benefits are adequate

Cons

Upper management doesn't have a clue on how to run this once great company.

Advice to Management

Hire competent managers

"Systems Application Engineer"

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in La Vergne, TN
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer in La Vergne, TN

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

if you get with the crowd you are immune to criticism and will keep your position.

Cons

So they recruited me from school along 30 others. The put us through a rigorous training program, and then they laid us off. This was in the space of four months. Based on the information they gave us, it appears they recruited us just to lay us off with senior members so that they do not violate the age discrimination act. If you are an international student DO NOT APPLY HERE!!!

Advice to Management

Nepotism is rampant, if you are in the club you will do well. If not you are out!

"Senior Tendering Engineer"

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time

Pros

I had worked with Schneider for 8 years , Schneider is good place to work for no more than 2 years at the max.

Cons

- They have no recognition to important achievement for employees.
    - During my service along 8 years I won opportunities to company around 17M$, and when asked to pursue my higher education or transfer from one entity to another they claim by cost reduction and they have no rules govern such decisions.
    - No clear objectives.
    - React only when order intakes are low, No planning at all.
    -They raised slogan Schneider is one company but in fact each Entity working separately without any coordination.
    - No master plan governs marketing of products, prices or margin.
    - Too many interventions for more than one entity to one region.
    - 1 out of 4 employees who are working efficiently and hardly.
    - Many employees without doing anything.
    - No vision for career development.
    - They have no internal transfer policy for employees inside organization, the employees who working in X region have no right to work or rehire in y region despite their achievements and professionalism.
    - They hire internship people any assign to them roles for experience employees which impact directly on customer business without care to customer claims.
    - 90% of Schneider customers are one time customer, the other 10% of accounts are suffering but they have no options as they tied their business with specific type of product.
    - In past I recommended company to my friend and I get him hired, but now I will never recommend to any person.
    - They don't respect former employee professionalism, history or work authorization documents.

Advice to Management

Have to assign right person in right place despite his color, race, ethnic or nationality

Showing 2,677 of 2,960 reviews