Schneider Electric Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Age Discrimination Problem"

Current Employee - Program Director
    Current Employee - Program Director

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good compensation. Useful back office tools and internal resources to process expense reports, etc

Cons

If you are older than 50 (maybe even 45) you will likely face serious age discrimination and possible layoff.

Advice to Management

Live up to your claim to be one of the most ethical employers.

"Great people who's talents are being wasted by unconnected upper management"

Pros

Great people who strive to do better

Cons

Horrible overseas upper management structure that just makes changes for the sake of making changes.

"Bad practices overshadow good deeds (Video Line of Business)"

Former Employee - Software Test Engineer in Clovis, CA
    Former Employee - Software Test Engineer in Clovis, CA

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good work life balance.
    Very good benefits.
    Balanced work load.
    Exceptional co-workers.

Cons

Management style is oligarchy.
    Annual pay increase is meagre.
    Profiling employees based on racial and ethnic characteristics.
    Frequent organizational changes due to lack of proper management decisions.
    Increased attrition and turnover.
    Managers do not respect engineers.

Advice to Management

Need to change management structure within VLOB
    Need to get more feedback from engineers.

"Like Auschwitz without the gas"

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time

Pros

The Starting Pay and Benefits

Cons

You will be run like slaves here and nothing is ever good enough. Training here is non-existent and you will need to be as good as everyone else that works there within a couple of weeks. If you aren't you will be gone. Unless you are someone that has been here for many years and old then you get easy jobs that require no effort or intelligence. Unsafe work environment. You can't report anything unsafe either or risk being fired or harassed for doing so.

Advice to Management

You're lucky you have a monopoly.

"A corporate version of "Logan's Run": if you're over 30, you're doomed!"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is a strong commitment to Safety, and work-life balance is also reasonable. The company's overall mission, to deliver efficient energy solutions to customers all over the globe, is both interesting and especially important given the world we live in today.

Cons

If you're fresh out of college, Schneider Electric rolls out the red carpet and treats you like a rock star, but if you're a mid-career hire, it's an entirely different story. There is no discussion about career development (forget about ever going to a conference) and opportunities to move within the company are extremely difficult.

In my case I was basically lied to when hired, supposedly to help with a major project which (as it turns out) has never begun, and isn't likely to in the next several years. When I asked HR for help in trying to find a different position within the company, I was given the sage advice, "try networking". Gee, thanks, I never would have thought of that.

Advice to Management

Try to establish priorities, not only telling people what to do but telling them what not to do - you can't have everything.

Also, quit trying to move heaven & earth in order to hit some quarterly financial target, while creating a mess that we'll have to clean up in the next quarter.

"Beware, poorly run in the US"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very good corporate company with good benefits.

Cons

Extremely poor upper management in the US. To much of do this do that, I need this now etc.

Advice to Management

Learn how to do your job. Most of the management are not qualified even though they think they know it all. This was the worst company I have ever worked for. I have previously worked for GE, Westinghouse, Siemens and Reliance.

"My expectations, goals and desires to start a great career with a company were completely lead on by this company."

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The social atmosphere of SE was great. The people that you interacted with on a daily basis kept work enjoyable and fulling. The culture is very laid back, while the working environment is full of different people ranging from old and young individuals.

Cons

Where do I start?! They completely lead you on in the interview process about three levels of continued sales learning, (Bronze, Silver, Gold), and these levels are suppose to gear you in the path of direction towards a District Manager in about 6 months. After I completely flew through the three levels of hands on trainings in only about 4 months, I noticed barriers to the once proclaimed great upward mobility and it soon became apparent that there was no great plan to reach management. After the completion of your second level (Silver), the state that you can venture into any sector of the company you want. However, they forget to mention that it sometimes takes at least two years of internal migration before you are even considered for a position within the field of your choice that you desire. Even then, they prefer you to start at an entry level position, despite having recent success, higher learning education, and a proven track record. If it was not for my peer group, the professional individuals that I meet through my occupation tenure with Schneider, and the consumers of whom I interacted with daily, the job would of been for an absolute waste of professional time and experience. It turned to be a blessing in disguise because they relocated me to the west coast, where jobs were plentiful and i used the relocation to venture into many sales economies on the west coast. However, even with a great work culture in SE, people wont stay and work for a company that cuts corners to fill dead positions by marketing on false pretenses. Good salesmen wont work in an environment that rewards individuals with whom the system deems worthy of advancement, but yet has no statistical results for validity and merit.

Advice to Management

Quit leading on individuals about the sales path through the CCC either for tech or sales! It leads to nowhere and true hard working engineers and sales consultants who have diligently earned their credentials through academia are wasting their talents on inferior sales strategies, unwarranted micromanagement, and under-appreciated financial incentives. In addition, the iTB sector of APC is steadily declining at a faster than normal rate so make sure to hire great sales professional who are loyal and willing to stick around and not the ones who undeservingly soak up great titled positions then bolt instantly taking their new credentials with them.

8. "O Fallon MO Location offers the Worst of Schneider Electric & (Former) APC"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in O Fallon, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in O Fallon, MO

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get a paycheck twice a month.

Cons

Little or no training, very noisy open office space, minimal R&D lab space results in noisy electronic equipment on desks, local managers monitor all employees like lab rats (video surveillance etc.), lots of favoritism, cafeteria food is mostly bad.
    Products developed at O'Fallon MO location are essentially industrial-sized Air Conditioners and Power Strips, with lowest manufacturing cost the biggest design criteria.
    Generous vacation days but typically impossible to take that many days off. Employees are overworked, stressed, and in constant fear of being fired.

Advice to Management

Provide some real leadership.

"this place sucked to work for."

Former Employee - Electronics Technician in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Electronics Technician in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

benefits , some nice people, good chairs

Cons

the management are a bunch of fools they spend all their time looking for projects they can do to increase the upper management's image and too little time trying to get work in the door. They don't really know what their doing.

Advice to Management

quit !!! your in over your head

"Frat boy style management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work was interesting and since they did gov't work, tolling systems, the work backlog was quite substantial.

Cons

No work life balance. Worked 60+ hrs every week since start. Missed taking holiday for every single holiday I was there. "Yes, sweetie, daddy has to work on Christmas." - That totally sucked. Incredibly bad project management with impossible delivery dates. Office management style seemed to be dominated by frat house rules. Only those liked survived, the project team I was one had a 50% attrition rate in the year I was there.

Advice to Management

Clean house at the PM and lower management layer and hire professionals.

Showing 2,786 of 3,102 reviews