Schneider Electric Reviews | Glassdoor

2,259 reviews

Full-time Part-time

2,259 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • Average work life balance in some cases (in 78 reviews)

• No work life balance or advancement (in 20 reviews)

"Application Engineer"

Former Employee - Applications Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Applications Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Good 401k and benefits packages

Cons

During my 3 years at Schneider-Electric (formerly Invensys):
    - my manager told me "I put you on this project because you are the cheapest"
    - was asked to work every weekend for months. After the project was over, my manager gave me a 50 dollar gift card.
    - was told by my manager that he needed more than a "9 to 5" effort
    - listened to my manager make fun of my colleague's foreign accent

Other cons:
    - minimum career advancement opportunities
    - small raises
    - unfriendly environment if you don't fit the corporate mold
    - office politics

to be fair, I had a terrible manager the first two years I was there. By the time I left, I had a pretty good manager, but the damage was done.

Advice to Management

get rid of terrible managers, don't promote them

"Pse"

Pros

Location flexibility to work from home. If you get a good manager, you are hood

Cons

Zero work life balance.Zero advancement. Lot of travel. Politics and discrimination

3. "Why Should I work there"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Horsham, PA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Horsham, PA

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great administrative staff and knowledgeable engineers

Cons

Management specially the regional management were show to be unprofessional and tent to look down on those that question their decisions specially when those decision go against one personal convictions. I'm not taking about disagree with your manager I'm taking about when the decoction not in accordance with standard business practices. I observe this in their Secaucus NJ and Horsham PA Branch. That said don't make this your 1st choice of employment if you have another offer make sure to consider it

Advice to Management

Make sure to treat people as people and be honest with your customers

5. "Supervisor"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time (More than a year)

Pros

you get paid straight time for overtime

Cons

you work ALL the time and no strategy is apparent

Advice to Management

Management lacks leadership. No real decision making and few decisions made don't make sense. Morale low. Listen to the people & stop making decisions from
    An office.

"Deceptive company serious issues with gender."

Current Employee - Vice President in South Kingstown, RI
    Current Employee - Vice President in South Kingstown, RI

I have been working at Schneider Electric (More than 8 years)

Pros

Few options in Southern RI with decent pay. Flexibility in working hours but will most likely need to work from home off hours due to international interactions.

Cons

Rhetoric does not reflect reality. Management is short term focused and under invests in growth opportunities. Kills the value in all its acquisitions.

Advice to Management

Be ethical. Treat employees well and you will grow. Listen to employees. Do not just say what you think you should say but act the act.

"Employees are expendible"

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Large company across geo's, lots of money wasted, lots of travel, short term expectations, company programs only last 3 years then declare success and move on.

Cons

lacking clear vision closely coupled with little action equals stagnation of revenues. reduction of force focused on US employees to reduce global costs so jobs can be outsourced at lower wages to BRIC countries.

Advice to Management

reboot C-Suite and bring in real world qualified C-Level execs, not buddies to actually push forward and deliver profits via organic market growth. rethink M&A strategies that align with actual company strengths. really need a cio that has actual technical experience, not finance only focused.

"Life is On (Hold)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Andover, MA

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There was a time when I would have said I have great colleagues, but they continue leave at every opportunity

Cons

Out of touch C-Suite blinded by PR McGuffins like the 'He for She Campaign', while hyper-political and ineffective middle management chase their own agendas and overload the dwindling herd of individual contributors. Outdated technology and thinking coupled with a fear of change cripple forward movement of a lumbering beast that seems content to react rather than lead.

Advice to Management

Cash in your stock. Retire.

"Worst three years evere"

Former Employee - Mechanical Assembler in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Mechanical Assembler in Columbia, SC

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Matched 401k up to 6% break room has tvs . Don't have many pros for this job just another plant job.

Cons

Management does not no the product.product outdated and company is more like a sweat shop than an American company company as a hole has no idea how to treat human beings they don't no how to tell the truth about anything. No growth in this company at all no incentives to do or be better.

Advice to Management

Get better ones from within the company that at least no the product

"Lack of talent recognition"

Former Employee - Engineering Tech IV in Andover, MA
    Former Employee - Engineering Tech IV in Andover, MA

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none.

Cons

I was hired into Schneider as an Engineering Tech IV after being unemployed for 2-1/2 years. Despite the fact that I am a degreed ME with 25+ years of design and development experience all I did was solder, strip wire, crimp terminals, and turn screws. No effort was made on my behalf to find a more appropriate position. Applications to higher level positions were either ignored or passed over. Consequently I ended up hating my job, the people around me, and the management. I gladly left shaking the dust of SE from my shoes.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to the expertise that your employees have to offer. Despite their position they may have talents beyond what their job description is.

"Nightmare experience"

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time

Pros

I haven't seen or experience any positive operation or leadership example at all , but to be fair I have listened that the Manufacturing Operations in Mexico are world class .
    The leadership messages are everywhere and the show media to share these is very nice

Cons

If you are french you have chances to get a top position,such as Vice President , no supervising any team member or operation, reporting to another VP and so on, this is is very common, creating heavy top management , limiting decisions and actions.
    Show media and messages are pretty much the same , different colors and images but the content is same , many initiatives but lack of collaboration and synergies to make these become true results.

Advice to Management

"Leaders" are difficult to find among French managers ,Leadership is more than to "push people " and growth is more than to buy more companies - acquisitions policy- is to truly serve the customer and invest in customer service (listen to them ) and good products from the very beginning.

Showing 2,259 of 2,492 reviews