Schneider Electric Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

2,181 Employee Reviews

"Big Company"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of resources
    Great People to work with
    Many products that allow you to turn key sell
    Well Known Brand Names

Cons

Have grown too fast
    There is no direction and no identity
    Too many top managers have been there too long and are just biding time to retirement which is limiting or holding back change

Advice to Management

Listen to your middle managers and include them in planning. Too many Schneider lifetime managers are making decisions that are not improving the culture and company direction.

"Software Application Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Applications Engineer in Homewood, IL
    Current Employee - Software Applications Engineer in Homewood, IL

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, flexibility, and interesting work. I'm proud to work for a company who who is (and has been) committed to sustainability.

Cons

Constantly introducing new corporate initiatives and new management systems. As you begin to get used to one a new one rolls along. Schneider is a huge company with a ton of resources and expertise but so far I haven't benefited from anyone outside of my office.

My office is poorly managed. Severe lack of communication and organization. Seems like we're headed towards a cliff and no one realizes or is doing anything about it. Office mainly consists of lifers or newbies - no one is building their career here.

Advice to Management

Focus more on the needs of your employees so that they can do their jobs effectively - less focus on the bottom line. Effective employees will make more money for the company in the long run.

3. "Production Lead"

Former Employee - Production Lead in Salisbury, NC
    Former Employee - Production Lead in Salisbury, NC

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay rate is $18 hr.

Cons

Management isn't management material, ever

Advice to Management

Production People need to be listened too, they make the product and know what will make the company better. When the production workers stop caring because of how they are treated then your products are not made with the love and care needed for a successful business. I believe the owner needs to take a close look at this Salisbury, location in NC. I loved all the people who have helped me in caring not only for fixing issues, but also they cared enough to help me understand how everything worked. Production workers, and office personnel only. I have strong ethics I live by don't lie, steal, cheat people and be fake, and above all respect the people whom work for you, and your business will boom, if not it will fail. Workers will begin not to care, and big companies that use to trust your work will stop believing in you, and stop wanting you to build the product all together. As my father working for the US Embassy he has taught me a lot about how a business works and should go. I am thankful for being able to work there and meet nice people, but also thankful to have been let go because my work ethics do not go along with theirs. My father has worked in a lot of countries, and I decided to go my own path instead of going to work with him, to try and find my own way, but he is right that people do not value their jobs much anymore or care, and I seen it with my own eyes that they care only for themselves, meaning manger in the company. It is prudent that this company be investigated without the knowledge of anyone knowing. I loved the the people I worked with and valued them very much they showed me respect, production and engineers and office personnel only. Good luck to this business lasting more than a year or more. This actually needs to go to the CEO Jean-Pascal Tricoire.

5. "Great place to work."

Former Employee - CAD Administrative in Foxboro, MA
    Former Employee - CAD Administrative in Foxboro, MA

Pros

Fast paced enviornment. Advancement opportunities.

Cons

I really.really can't.think of any negative at all. I enjoyed my time there

Advice to Management

I really really can't.think of any negative at all. I enjoyed my time there

Jan 6, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Team

Thanks for leaving your review. Glad you enjoyed your time here, all the best in the future!

"Change isn't always good."

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time

Pros

The company provides excellent benefits to include a 6% 401k match, a $.50 to the dollar FSA match, internal and external employee discounts, a health initiative plan, and employee recognition programs just to name a few. Most employees are great people.

Cons

There is a need for official company admin training to ensure that all levels of admins are processing the same type of job functions so that the job expectation is not only understood but met. Currently there is a learn as you go process and some admins are seen as glorified secretaries when there is so much more to this role. Because of the varying office admin roles from office to office, the expectation may be seen as non performing when in reality the roles are actually getting confused with other responsibilities of other company positions.

Advice to Management

The local leadership lacks people skills could stand to undergo a training on how to communicate on a professional level. The local office needs a leader who is fully engaged in the local business from all aspects and cross departmental. Someone who makes decisions with careful thought and with the business' best interest in mind and not just shooting at the hip.

7. "materials analyst"

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time

Pros

Small facility, but wonderful people to work with. A lot of cross training opportunities, and opportunities to work on a variety of teams

Cons

none, wonderful place to work

Advice to Management

none

Jan 6, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Team

Thanks for the feedback. I also think that the people here are great to work with and employee training is one of our top priorities. Glad to hear that you’re enjoying working here, keep up the great ... More

8. "The Company from HELL to work for."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time

Pros

There was nothing good about this company.

Cons

The company lets there so call manager and senior manager bully there employee. The managers lies to there employee and when 20 some employee have nothing good to say about the management there is something wrong with the company. The so call manager is having employee work up to 18 hrs. shift and have them work when they are sick. The employee are afraid they will lose there job it they don't follow the manager order of working sick and long hours.

9. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

I worked at Schneider Electric (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance, good quality of work, good people to work with and work for

Cons

pay much less than that in the industry

Jan 6, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you for your review. We take our employees’ time very seriously and hope that everyone has a positive work/life balance, no matter what their role is. And like you said, the people here are ... More

10. "Good"

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time

Pros

Work life balance is good

Cons

Very process oriented and slow. No scope for innovation

Jan 6, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Team

Thanks for taking the time to share your review. I’m glad you enjoyed your time here, particularly the work/life balance. In a big organization like this, sometimes things can take time. But we’re ... More

"Old Square D moving into global SE world, some good ,,, some bad"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time

Pros

The pay is decent. Benefits are average (recently been lowered to be 'at market''). There are many opportunities within the company if you know the right people and given the right exposure. The HE for SHE initiative is good, but haven't seen the full effects yet in the USA. Most of all I enjoy the professionalism and work ethic of the SE-SQD community, which offers freedoms and flexibility. It's a global company that will be here for many years to come, and the SQD / SE name carries a great reputation of quality in product, services and especially the people. A plethora of energy products will offer this behemoth a means to stay relevant and profitable in an evolving market. My current manager is very good, but a 'macro' manager.

Cons

RIFs - Reduction in Force, layoffs are prevalent (numerous times in the year - and done on the QT usually). SE assumes that distributors will snap up the laid off personnel and this just is a cheaper way to have that person 'work' for SE. No longer can one experience stability when pledging your loyalty, even if your performance has been considered solid. Many people live with this anxiety of being 'loped off' because another team or business entity didn't meet their numbers - the 'front line' is getting the brunt of it as middle management pretty fat and happy. Cuts result in ripple effect to others that brings work/life imbalance, since workloads bulging out of control. Lots of reshuffling and restructuring, which can be hard to tell if any impact made (hard to know your 'business group, unit, entity' as it's changing always). Premature RIFs ahead of implementation of new tools and systems. Major technology upgrades forthcoming (which is very much a pro), but often SE lacks in change management skills. company intranet and communication is very poor - and it's difficult to get the right info or person. More and more Global's hand is reaching into US efforts, which can be detrimental. A con is the industry that is not seeing much growth, and the SE engine must adapt to higher margin/growth solutions. Major silos between businesses that will continue to perpetuate fractionated efforts and dampened results - business entities are very differently run in style, systems, structure, etc. - which can be difficult to bring widespread change. Lost on Square D branding efforts since arrogant French want to push SE out to the market - and we are losing brand recognition. Anyone in their right mind would leverage the Square D brand in the US for ALL products. Experienced one very horrible, bully manager that the company did not remove and allowed their employment - this person did irreparable damage to a very seasoned team and yet remained 'unscathed' - I would not allow this person to stay at my company if it was my call - and makes us question the quality of our leadership.

Advice to Management

Fix the internal tools and intranet. Focus your cuts on the middle fat instead of the front line - stop the bloodletting. Improve communication. Hiring female leadership from only outside the company signals that women can't move up within - the industry is rif with good ol boys network - and SQD still has that undercurrent. Same message for the domestic team... that you bust your butt but chances are you'll stay in the lower ranks (upper ranks seem exclusively now for outside hires or from over the pond). Global needs to move faster and in alignment if they want a hand in the US business, otherwise step away. SE you are wearing out your people and customers- You can only ride the coattails of yesteryear's SQD for so long... SE, I thought you were the one for me to complete my career - but not so sure we fit anymore.

Showing 2,181 of 2,404 reviews