KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 1,415 of over 1,498 reviews

3.6
Schneider CEO Mark Rourke
Mark Rourke
Pros
  • "Awesome place to work, great people(in 51 reviews)

• "Flexible to work for home time wise and people were very supportive(in 50 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Low pay and bad commission structure(in 49 reviews)

• "than name, unless you become friendly with a dispatch associate(in 46 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Schneider and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

Dec 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company morale and focus on employee engagement.

Cons

Left for more salary within same field.

Schneider Response

Thank you for your review, feedback, and dedication to Schneider for over 3 years. We wish you the best of luck in your next role.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Mostly Good Company

Dec 6, 2021 - OTR Truck Driver - Dry Van National
      Business Outlook

Pros

Usually had fast turnaround on loads, so I was never sitting long. I managed to get a new truck when they hired me on from the company they bought out (and subsequently shut down). Never a shortage of loads. Safety was a huge concern of theirs, which is something I appreciated.

Cons

The computer log system they used was pretty good, until I either had a sync issue or a loss of signal. They have a big client in the middle of nowhere that made me lose all signal from every device I owned, and once they dropped a load from me because they couldn’t see I was already there. Not a huge deal in itself, but the trucker career path was weighing on me by that time (ten years in trucking with the company they bought out), and every change or problem made it worse.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great company to start your career

Jan 13, 2022 - Senior Carrier Sales Executive in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is great and the flexibility to potentially work from home is a plus to combat work/life balance. Ability to move up in the company quickly.

Cons

Base salary and the incentive structure is one of the lowest in the industry. Turnover rate is extremely high.

Schneider Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We appreciate your feedback.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company

Jan 6, 2022 - Customer Service Senior in Green Bay, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Honestly, I have don't have anything to say that is negative. I love this company the options to move up as you choose to grow your career. Also this company is family friendly which is a bonus. It lets me know that if something comes up they will be here to support me if needed.

Cons

I have no cons, I truly love this company.

Schneider Response

Thank you for your dedicated to Schneider and our customers. We appreciate your feedback.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Would love to stay, but just a great place to start

Nov 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

I feel like Schneider genuinely cares about their drivers' safety, and the people are generally great.

Cons

The pay -- especially the incentives for good, experienced drivers -- could be much better. There are holes in the pay schedule that definitely need to be filled and improved.  That has to be one of the main reasons for the revolving door, which Schneider seems to be okay with. Another problem is what I call data doodoo. The assignment notes provided by CS are often wrong, outdated, or lacking -- wrong pickup numbers and appointment times, offloads are really drops and drops are really offloads, and useful navigational information is not provided. Wastes a lot of time and is very frustrating, especially when drivers aren't paid for that time! Making all of this more efficient and improving pay would add more to "the driver experience" tenfold over asset upgrades to lounges & showers.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

not great. not horrible.

Dec 21, 2021 - Class A CDL Delivery Driver in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

respectful. plenty of work and hours. plenty of driver phone support. they seem very reasonable if you are sick, tired, or have a family emergency and need to get home.

Cons

2/3 of the pay u think it’s going to be. if you change positions they will take your bonus, even if your on the same account. get everything in writing. 2 week training seems like a plus but is probably too short. they post jobs and salaries but all employees seem noticeably poor. wayyy to much live unload time you do not get payed for. i would consider getting an account they pay you to unload. or guaranteed drop and hook. NO live unload you WILL be poor.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company to work for

Jan 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

flexible work schedules. treatment of all associates is really good.

Cons

i really don't have any cons working here.

Schneider Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We appreciate your feedback and dedication to Schneider.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company to work for

Jan 1, 2022 - Customer Service Representative in Green Bay, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance, competitive pay, great OT/Holiday pay/Weekend pay incentives, leaders are very supportive, endless opportunities for growth

Cons

Sometimes have to work 2 weekends day and 2 holidays per year, team members can be gossipy

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great

Jan 12, 2022 - CDL Driver
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company to start with

Cons

Training pay is not that great

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to start

Dec 30, 2021 - Class A Truck Driver
      Business Outlook

Pros

Easy to get hired Enrollment process is quick They set new drivers up for success well

Cons

Not much incentive to stay longer than a year Pay isn't that great, at or below industry average Expensive health insurance, weak 401k match

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,415 Reviews

Schneider Reviews FAQs

Schneider has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 1,498 reviews left anonymously by employees. 69% of employees would recommend working at Schneider to a friend and 64% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Schneider employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Schneider. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

69% of Schneider employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Schneider 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Schneider to be culture, benefits, career development and the cons to be management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Schneider Job Seekers