Schneider Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Schneider President and CEO Chris Lofgren
Chris Lofgren

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Managers respect work / life balance , and allow the option to work from home full time (in 19 reviews)

• Flexible and great people everywhere (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance could be better (in 21 reviews)

• low pay but room for improvement (in 25 reviews)

1. "Incompatent"

Former Freelancer - Broker
    Former Freelancer - Broker

Pros

None, there are no pros to working with this carrier

Cons

We booked 3 loads, on a Thursday, the loads are supposed to be picked up on a Saturday. There were direct instructions to call before you arrived. That is the way our loading operation works. Schneider did what they wanted to do. One truck showed up 1 hour and 47 minutes late, the second truck showed up without calling. The third truck never showed up. No one at Schneider notified us that what was happening. We called don Monday to check delivery status, thinking that someone would have called if there was a problem with the pickup. Not one load was loaded, their only offer was to cancel the loads, or our company to pay them for being late and not following directions, which is what they did and the left us with 3 loads to try to find trucks for. The Supervisor Nate, said he did not care, and he canceled the loads as if our business was no big deal to him. What Schneider has done, is their stock has gone public, they laid off most of their employees, and they have outsourced the jobs to the Philippines. They don’t care about your business, and they are poorly trained in tact and professionalism.

Advice to Management

Stop forcing customers to use the outsourced CSR's

2. "There Are Much better out there"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Carlisle, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Carlisle, PA

I worked at Schneider full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Holidays off were rotated. They do give people chance; but that's probably because of the high turn around rate.

Cons

One of the worst experiences I’ve had in my professional endeavors. I cannot begin to express the magnitude of stress I encountered on a daily basis. Days comprised of being micromanaged and yelled at by angry customers, management, driver leaders and other internal sources. No one likes to accept accountability for their actions or their mistakes; instead everyone loves pointing fingers.
    Management is a joke- barely knew the answers to questions, played on their phones more than they assisted anyone, set unattainable goals, placed blame on everyone and created more problems rather than helping issues... Not helpful training new hires, peers are better for that. Very hostile work environment.
    Constantly expected to come early and stay late with little compensation for it. They round down your time and literally watched the clock until the exact minute you were allowed to leave; adding even more stress to the already overloaded day.
    Left and found a much better, friendlier trucking company with better benefits and pay. After I left, three other employees quit, says a lot. Schneider is just a name and a uniform backed by some unprofessional and demanding staff.

Advice to Management

Stop micro-managing, learn how to train employees, accept accountability, if you don't know something- learn it.

3. "Local decated"

Current Employee - Dedicated Driver in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Dedicated Driver in Denver, CO

I have been working at Schneider full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pros are getting less and less

Cons

Management won't listen to you if it's not there idea. They blow you off like garbage. Never return your calls .

Advice to Management

Doesn't matter you wont listen to the drivers. Because you think your better than they are. Without drivers you have no company.

"Dedicated driver"

Former Employee - Dedicated Driver in Fontana, CA
    Former Employee - Dedicated Driver in Fontana, CA

I worked at Schneider full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A job to get a little pay check to have a little money in your pocket that’s it it’s nothing good about working here

Cons

Everything they is the worst company ever in my opinion but everyone is grown so make your own decision but trust me it’s plenty of company’s out here that will get you started with no experience and will treat you better than this company the pay is very very low

Advice to Management

Pay more and stop messing up people checks you already don’t pay enough then have the nerves to mess up people checks is over board

"Inside Sales Account Executive"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I worked at Schneider full-time

Pros

The last day feels great

Cons

This place is a complete boiler room. They recruit colleges heavily because they don't know any better.
    DO NOT TAKE THIS JOB unless you like mindlessly cold-calling people for 10 hours a day, selling something that is no different than the competition.

There's a reason why your interview went so well with such little effort: They want warm bodies and LOTS of them to keep those phones buzzing.

"Out of touch with the times"

Former Employee - Manager in Green Bay, WI
    Former Employee - Manager in Green Bay, WI

I worked at Schneider full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, great tuition reimbursement

Cons

Refuse to get with the times technologically, very heavy to promote from within, even with a Masters degree and honors, still felt like I wasn't appreciated because I didn't work my way up from the bottom.

"A formerly good company on the road to mediocrity."

Current Employee - Driver in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Driver in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Schneider full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There was a time when I could list reason to work for Schneider , that was years ago.

Cons

60 mph trucks in 80 mph traffic , foolish and dangerous
    Almost 9 years without a pay increase.
    Poorly maintained equipment . road repair told me they wouldn't replace a steer tire unless it was blown out or flat . WTH ?
    Sleep APNEA harassment. Program is designed to line some ones pockets with cash , does nothing but make the job miserable.
    Company refuses to supply equipment needed for certain jobs.
    Managers who don't know one end of the truck from the other. And don't know why they should .

Advice to Management

Stop wasting money on gadgets like on guard , cameras .
    Stop tampering with trucks in ways that make them unsafe.
    Change the corporate attitude that drivers don't matter.
    Stop hiring people for management who think their degree makes them special.

"Treat you like number,mess up your DAC, they do a lot of LYING"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Memphis, AR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Memphis, AR

I worked at Schneider full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None.watch what you signing, A real training and starter company,

Cons

Treat drivers like crap, not a good career job West Memphis location is the worst

"everyone there sucked"

I worked at Schneider full-time

Pros

just wasn't a place for me

Cons

it sucked for orentation a lot for me

10. "Good company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Schneider full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Edward Kevin was my boss

Cons

Edward Kevin he doing a good job