Cover image for Schneider

Found 1,664 of over 2K reviews

3.5
Schneider CEO Mark Rourke
Mark Rourke

What people are saying about Schneider

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Very low pay for hauling 40k pound containers on busy streets for local and regional work(in 116 reviews)
  • "management is poor and focused on new employees more then main shop techs(in 53 reviews)
  • "Poor communication sometimes(in 19 reviews)
  • "Lots of poor managers(in 17 reviews)
  • "You will work long hours but that's true for the truck industry(in 16 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Schneider and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

Oct 23, 2022 - Graduate Student Intern in Green Bay, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours and supportive staff.

Cons

Corporate HQ is not in a big area. Not much to do around are.

Schneider Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Meh

Nov 21, 2022 - Driver Team Leader
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is saner and more reasonable than others in the industry - there is a sincere culture of safety, that’s not just lip service, and for career minded people who are willing to put their butts in a seat let that be that, it’s fine. The people there are generally friendly and competent.

Cons

Like so many other big companies they’ve lost their touch and can’t admit it. It’s a top down culture in a bottom up world. They’ve got no clue how to properly onboard their office staff, no clue how to properly delegate, and there’s a constant powerlessness/victim culture when it matters most. A general lack of accountability. It took them over 5 years and 4 iterations of a redesign for the driver team leader position that still completely misses the real opportunities and advantages possible for the role. They’ve specialized many roles/responsibilities to a fault, there are far too many interdependencies that create massive delays and breakdowns instead of efficiencies. Communication overhead is a massive liability and I don’t think they even know what that means. Almost everything we do is driven by interruptions and reactions, there’s not really a chance to make anything different or better. Their IT department is Frankenstein’s Monster, if one thing goes down or changes it wreaks havoc on many other things, and that happens a LOT. So what you see is what you get - and

3. Join the Schneider team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0

Good place to start

Nov 19, 2022 - Truck Driver in Gary, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good atmosphere and focus on safety. Competent dispatch.

Cons

Pay. Although it's not bad, it's great for starting out, it's not on the higher end of what you can earn with a year or two of experience.

Marketing

Thanks for the fantastic five-star review! We're proud of our focus on safety, friendly associates and open door policy. It's some of the many things that make Schneider a great place to work. We're happy to have you on the team! Drive safe.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee

Stay away

Sep 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay was decent at first. Second and third shift are great when it comes to not having to deal with certain employees being around.

Cons

They amp you up with saying you’re getting a raise and then it’s only 2-15 cents (and they don’t do raises that often). Turn over rate is so high you don’t even know half the people your working with from day to day. Management doesn’t care if you’re on your death bed, you need to be at work or find coverage yourself. Anytime they have a worker appreciation day second and third shift get shafted. Meaning they end the food just before second shift arrives or they run out even though they say there will be enough for second and third shift (like the ice cream days they would say all employees are allowed one bar so everyone on second and third shift can have some too. Then you’d see employees taking 5+ bars and taking them home for their kids. Ice cream runs out and no more second or third shift. Oh but here is a “budget” for dinner. Ya enough for 1 pizza and breadsticks maybe, all to cover for 10+ people working second and third shifts.) There are so many more cons that I could write a book.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great job for new drivers

Oct 24, 2022 - Class A Truck Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

Dispatch will work with you to tackle issues that come up with shippers, receivers and equipment. Speaking of equipment you'll be driving relatively new and well maintained trucks. If you're a new driver their training is top notch and will help you ease into truck driving.

Cons

As with most megas the pay isn't where it ought to be. They'll work you for your 70 hour clock. They've been switching to an hourly pay system but you still won't be making overtime past 40 hours.

Marketing

Thanks for the review. We agree Schneider is a great place to start your truck driving career but it's also a great company to retire from one too. We have a hire-to-retire philosophy and many drivers that have over 10 or 20 plus years with us. Take care.

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Director Leadership is Poor/Civil Rights Violations

Oct 25, 2022 - Security Services Leader in Green Bay, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Literally ZERO, do not waste your time working for this company.

Cons

Work/life balance is terrible. You’re expected to be available 24/7 like the other leaders who have failing home lives. When you’re not available you are outcasted and shunned for not working your life away. Extremely sexist. A male leader screamed and swore at me in a meeting, due to his lack of awareness and communication. My director let it happen, and then lied about taking to the leader, as he stated in lame apology to me that he was probably going to get talked to by our director at some point. Was fired due to “lack of communication”. When I communicated with the team in the leadership chat due to our leader being out of office due to a family emergency. Refusing to assist a disabled person, who has been there for more than 20 years. More worried about staying in control than helping their associates who work their tails off.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Schneider offers flexibility but not great benefits

Jul 13, 2022 - Lead Business Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Can work from home a couple days a week. Vacation after 5 years is generous. Many job openings that offer more work time at home. Lots of different roles because it's a large company that will offer different opportunities. Lots of self paced training, which I like.

Cons

In office three days a week. Vacation time must be approved before you can take it. Cannot just take any day/week you want. The cost of insurance will outpace raises once you hit the pay ceiling at your role. Long term employees basically take a pay cut to stay at Schneider. Usually it's because they don't want to give up vacation time. Lots of job openings but not always easy to go upward. Many lateral moves are available though.

Schneider Response

Thank you for your feedback and advice!

9. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good company

Nov 16, 2022 - Class A Truck Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

decent pay friendly folks benefits

Cons

home time crash avoidance systems

Marketing

Thanks for the review! We care for each and every one of our drivers. A positive attitude is important in becoming a successful truck driver. Drive safe out there!

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good for beginners

Nov 14, 2022 - Class A Truck Driver in Gary, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good for beginners. Friendly people.

Cons

Relatively low pay. You are being overworked by dispatch

Marketing

We appreciate your review! Schneider is happy to help people start their truck driving careers and then provide continuous training so it's a safe, successful and long one too. Drive safe.

11. 2.0

unpaid hours

Nov 12, 2022 - Class A Truck Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

at least for me..location of lot

Cons

unpaid overtime hours...you are expected to work at least 10 hours and are only paid for 8. a typical day will run you well over 11 hours on a dedicated account. as expected with any employer, they will always try to fill 10 lbs of dung in a 5 lb sack, leaving you with unpaid hours

Marketing

We're sorry you feel this way. Integrity is our core value and this does not reflect who we are. Thanks for the review.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,664 Reviews
</>Embed

Schneider Reviews FAQs

Schneider has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 1,767 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at Schneider to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Schneider employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Schneider. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

71% of Schneider employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Schneider 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Schneider to be culture, benefits, career development and the cons to be management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Schneider Job Seekers