KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Schneider

Engaged Employer

Schneider

Add a Review

Schneider Employee Reviews about "driver"

Updated Jan 12, 2021

Found 58 of over 1,411 reviews

3.6
Schneider CEO Mark Rourke
Mark Rourke
Pros
  • "If you have a great dispatcher or driver business leader, you will love your job(in 58 reviews)

• "Awesome place to work, great people(in 43 reviews)

• Cons
  • "low pay per mile, freight going to north east(in 40 reviews)

• "Dispatch is illogical and sporadic(in 37 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Schneider and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "driver"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Reliable and enjoyable.

Oct 4, 2020 - Local Inter-modal Driver in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoyed my time at Schneider. My boss was very flexible, my coworkers were a treat to talk to, and I had all the benefits of a local driver (home daily, knowing the area, regular routes) without the rote repetition of a dedicated driver. It was physically challenging, but being able to stop and take breaks when I needed to really helped keep me on my feet.

Cons

Tech support was only available weekdays during the day, and since my shift was weekends overnight…that meant I never got to solve tech issues while I needed them. Not a huge issue, since I generally had few tech problems, but something to consider if you aren’t comfortable solving your own tech problems.

2. 4.0

A great company

Jan 12, 2021 - Class A Truck Driver in Kansas City, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you have a great dispatcher or driver business leader, you will love your job. Decent equipment, and I was always home when I was promised.

Cons

Trucks won't idle until outside temperatures are either 70+ or below 20. Leads to some cold nights. My route description was changed from Midwest regional, to everything east of the rockies, and was not notified and expected to roll with it.

1 person found this review helpful

Marketing

Thank you for your review and feedback. We truly value drivers and have started an initiative to improve driving experience. We are glad you enjoyed your home time and our fleet equipment. Take care.

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to Start

Nov 17, 2020 - OTR Driver in Gary, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent training program Driver Managers are very helpful Plenty of home time

Cons

Not great pay Truck driving is not for everybody

4. 5.0

Great Place to start a Driving Career

Sep 24, 2020 - Class A Truck Driver in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Driver Friendly. Excellent Benefits. One of the best maintenance programs in the industry. Safety Conscious.

Cons

Long hours but that comes with the territory. Getting help from company staff can sometimes take a few minutes since they are a mega-carrier. Trucks governed at 60 in the Intermodal Division.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Caution

Oct 2, 2020 - Driver Business Leader in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Receiving your paycheck every 2 weeks and strong on driver safety.

Cons

Allows drivers to be disrespectful to their leaders without pause and little disciplinary action. Lack of true support from higher management when there are major issues with drivers. Finger is generally pointed at the leader just retain a driver.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Honest company

Jul 28, 2020 - Company Driver in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Honest company! Very family oriented. The training is amazing and helps you succeed in your truck career. Love the way they operate. There methods and tools make it so much easier for the driver. Consistent miles and great home time. They really care about you as a person and your family. Decent pay and decent trucks. Love Schneider! Thank you for all you do for the industry.

Cons

Pay could be a little better. And newer trucks should go to senior drivers first and then down from them in my opinion.

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Invasive policies and lack of integrity

Jul 8, 2020 - OTR Team Driver in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Have a very thorough training program. Might be a good fit for a nervous new driver that wants CONSTANT feedback and doesn't mind micromanagement.

Cons

This is the most invasive trucking company I've encountered. They call you constantly about safety issues as minor as 1mph over recommended speed on a slight curve or freeway interchange. Dispatch is illogical and sporadic. Lot of waiting around. Last straw was that they refused to pay a promised referral bonus.

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

great company

Dec 21, 2019 - Truck Driver in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

driver business leader was very helpful and understand

Cons

the system automatic adjust ETAs

Digital Media Representative

Thank you for taking time to write a review and making it five star! We are always trying to make things better on the technology front, we want it to work for drivers. We are so thrilled to hear that your DBL is helping you, but mostly we are glad you are part of our team. Drive safe!

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Typical Mega-Carrier

Nov 14, 2019 - OTR Truck Driver
      Business Outlook

Pros

The driver managers are nice and am always home on time

Cons

The Schneider maintenance teams are slow and when you need maintenance on your tractor, you can plan to lose at least a day of work.

Digital Media Representative

Thank you so much for your review and comments. We are always looking for opportunities to improve and maintenance is a part of that. We are glad you are enjoying your home time on you OTR account and you DBL is working for you. Take care and drive safe.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee

Great company with good benefits

Jul 18, 2019 - Class A Truck Driver
      Business Outlook

Pros

They do care about you as a driver, they always want feedback.

Cons

they have trouble keeping drivers, pay not above average

Digital Media Representative

We care for each and every one of our drivers and work hard to make the driver experience better so we are glad to hear you had that kind of experience. We review pay weekly to make sure it's competitive in the marketplace but are sorry your experience didn't live up to this. Drive safe out there and take care.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 58 Reviews