Cover image for Schneider

Schneider

Engaged Employer

Schneider

Add a Review

Schneider Employee Reviews about "training"

Updated Dec 1, 2022

Found 284 of over 2K reviews

3.5
Schneider CEO Mark Rourke
Mark Rourke

What people are saying about Schneider

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Very low pay for hauling 40k pound containers on busy streets for local and regional work(in 121 reviews)
  • "management is poor and focused on new employees more then main shop techs(in 52 reviews)
  • "Poor communication sometimes(in 20 reviews)
  • "You will work long hours but that's true for the truck industry(in 17 reviews)
  • "Lots of poor managers(in 17 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Schneider and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "training"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good company

Jul 20, 2022 - Class A Cdl Truck Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of opportunity for lateral movement to other accounts. Lots of different account opportunities. Pay is good depending on what account you are on. Seem to care about their drivers

Cons

No pets allowed in trucks. That's about it.

Marketing

Thanks for the fantastic five-star review! We care for each and every one of our drivers. A positive attitude is important in becoming a successful truck driver. Drive safe out there!

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Meh

Nov 21, 2022 - Driver Team Leader
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is saner and more reasonable than others in the industry - there is a sincere culture of safety, that’s not just lip service, and for career minded people who are willing to put their butts in a seat let that be that, it’s fine. The people there are generally friendly and competent.

Cons

Like so many other big companies they’ve lost their touch and can’t admit it. It’s a top down culture in a bottom up world. They’ve got no clue how to properly onboard their office staff, no clue how to properly delegate, and there’s a constant powerlessness/victim culture when it matters most. A general lack of accountability. It took them over 5 years and 4 iterations of a redesign for the driver team leader position that still completely misses the real opportunities and advantages possible for the role. They’ve specialized many roles/responsibilities to a fault, there are far too many interdependencies that create massive delays and breakdowns instead of efficiencies. Communication overhead is a massive liability and I don’t think they even know what that means. Almost everything we do is driven by interruptions and reactions, there’s not really a chance to make anything different or better. Their IT department is Frankenstein’s Monster, if one thing goes down or changes it wreaks havoc on many other things, and that happens a LOT. So what you see is what you get - and

3. Join the Schneider team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Decent place to work

Dec 1, 2022 - Heavy Diesel Mechanic
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good hours and good employees

Cons

Not enough room to move up

5. 4.0
    Former Employee

it is good for the beginner

Nov 29, 2022 - Company Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

training is good and people there friendly

Cons

payment is just so so

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Overall a great Company to work for

Nov 27, 2022 - Drayman in Green Bay, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

No micromanagement . Always honoring hometime

Cons

pay is average . Trucks is governed .

7. 2.0
    Former Employee

Stay away

Sep 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay was decent at first. Second and third shift are great when it comes to not having to deal with certain employees being around.

Cons

They amp you up with saying you’re getting a raise and then it’s only 2-15 cents (and they don’t do raises that often). Turn over rate is so high you don’t even know half the people your working with from day to day. Management doesn’t care if you’re on your death bed, you need to be at work or find coverage yourself. Anytime they have a worker appreciation day second and third shift get shafted. Meaning they end the food just before second shift arrives or they run out even though they say there will be enough for second and third shift (like the ice cream days they would say all employees are allowed one bar so everyone on second and third shift can have some too. Then you’d see employees taking 5+ bars and taking them home for their kids. Ice cream runs out and no more second or third shift. Oh but here is a “budget” for dinner. Ya enough for 1 pizza and breadsticks maybe, all to cover for 10+ people working second and third shifts.) There are so many more cons that I could write a book.

8. 4.0

Good place to start

Nov 19, 2022 - Truck Driver in Gary, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good atmosphere and focus on safety. Competent dispatch.

Cons

Pay. Although it's not bad, it's great for starting out, it's not on the higher end of what you can earn with a year or two of experience.

Marketing

Thanks for the fantastic five-star review! We're proud of our focus on safety, friendly associates and open door policy. It's some of the many things that make Schneider a great place to work. We're happy to have you on the team! Drive safe.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great job for new drivers

Oct 24, 2022 - Class A Truck Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

Dispatch will work with you to tackle issues that come up with shippers, receivers and equipment. Speaking of equipment you'll be driving relatively new and well maintained trucks. If you're a new driver their training is top notch and will help you ease into truck driving.

Cons

As with most megas the pay isn't where it ought to be. They'll work you for your 70 hour clock. They've been switching to an hourly pay system but you still won't be making overtime past 40 hours.

Marketing

Thanks for the review. We agree Schneider is a great place to start your truck driving career but it's also a great company to retire from one too. We have a hire-to-retire philosophy and many drivers that have over 10 or 20 plus years with us. Take care.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Schneider offers flexibility but not great benefits

Jul 13, 2022 - Lead Business Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Can work from home a couple days a week. Vacation after 5 years is generous. Many job openings that offer more work time at home. Lots of different roles because it's a large company that will offer different opportunities. Lots of self paced training, which I like.

Cons

In office three days a week. Vacation time must be approved before you can take it. Cannot just take any day/week you want. The cost of insurance will outpace raises once you hit the pay ceiling at your role. Long term employees basically take a pay cut to stay at Schneider. Usually it's because they don't want to give up vacation time. Lots of job openings but not always easy to go upward. Many lateral moves are available though.

Schneider Response

Thank you for your feedback and advice!

11. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Director Leadership is Poor/Civil Rights Violations

Oct 25, 2022 - Security Services Leader in Green Bay, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Literally ZERO, do not waste your time working for this company.

Cons

Work/life balance is terrible. You’re expected to be available 24/7 like the other leaders who have failing home lives. When you’re not available you are outcasted and shunned for not working your life away. Extremely sexist. A male leader screamed and swore at me in a meeting, due to his lack of awareness and communication. My director let it happen, and then lied about taking to the leader, as he stated in lame apology to me that he was probably going to get talked to by our director at some point. Was fired due to “lack of communication”. When I communicated with the team in the leadership chat due to our leader being out of office due to a family emergency. Refusing to assist a disabled person, who has been there for more than 20 years. More worried about staying in control than helping their associates who work their tails off.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 284 Reviews