Scholastic Inside Sales Telemarketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Inside Sales Telemarketing

1.0
Scholastic Chairman, President, and CEO Dick Robinson
Dick Robinson

Pros
  • There is a good work life balance here as well (in 61 reviews)

• Nice location in SoHo, if you can stomach the tourists (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management would email at all hours making it difficult to keep up with daily internal correspondence (in 40 reviews)

• Very little chance for promotions/full time positions (in 13 reviews)

"Everyday is a chore just to walk in the door"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Telemarketing in Saint Charles, IL

Pros

time off. wonderful women I work with

Cons

The pressure. All about New York and the management and the emails and the pressure about more, more and MORE. It used to be bad but know it is unbelievable! Nothing posititve this season. Commission is now so tight. We make our goals every year BUT still this year there is no way to earn extra money unless you are on a "special project". The work load doubled pretty much. t is reflected in the numbers but yet when you ask about it there is NEVER a straight answer much less a conversation. You work hard and harder but there are no rewards. No explanations even though we ALL have questions and are very unhappy. The only thing that keeps us going is that we are all SUDDENLY seven-month empoyees. No warning, again no conversation. Just here you go! Much less money this year. Which means much less life outside of the doors and more pressure too.

Advice to Management

Take some management classes. I don't think any of them ever have. someone with a degree maybe. More with sugar than with vinegar but weren't we all taught that when we were growing up.
    There has never been an employee meeting and NEVER have we been asked how things might be better though we are the ones doing the work. Never ANY explanations for ANYTHING.

"The worst place I have ever worked"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Telemarketing in Saint Charles, IL

Pros

Hours are great if you want the summer off,

Cons

If you wanted to be treated like a child, be disrespected, play mind games, have sales taken away from you or lose commission for some silly thing, Then this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

learn to respect your employees, Look at your turn-over.....ask yourself why in this economy so many of your good people are leaving...Something is definitely wrong...One last thing ...get rid of some of the supervisors, they are out of touch, put them back on the phones

"sad state of affairs"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Telemarketing in Saint Charles, IL

Pros

You do get the summer off if you are a 10 month employee. This season is was 9.5 weeks. But not enough over the 2 months to file for unemplyment. Closed at Christmas but can no longer carry over.

Cons

No notice about having to cram all unused vacation days into 2 months time since they decided (overnight) to change poicy and then put a freeze on the last two months of the year. Everyone in my department (and many others, due to management) walk on eggshells everyday. There is NO, absoultely no fun to be had. Forget about having relationships with your fellow employees, there is no one I know that works harder anywhere. There is no time extra... they make sure of that!

Advice to Management

Treat people like humans and not robots!!!! We work so so hard and make this company SO much money yet we are expected to do more and more!