School Improvement Network Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Chet Linton

Pros
  • Great company with passionate employees who are all working towards the same goal, "Making Learning Personal" (in 5 reviews)

• A great culture with wonderful people to work with (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • As with all companies, there are growing pains at times - the nice thing is that I have seen the company address these issues and make the proper fixes (in 8 reviews)

• There is some nepotism amongst upper management, but overall the organization is managed well (in 8 reviews)

1. "Content director"

Former Employee - Content Specialist in Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Former Employee - Content Specialist in Cottonwood Heights, UT

I worked at School Improvement Network (More than a year)

Pros

Great job loved working their

Cons

small company. poorly managed financialy

"Content"

Former Employee - Content
    Former Employee - Content

I worked at School Improvement Network full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people they hired (and then fired) were amazing. I loved my co-workers

Cons

Upper management, especially the brothers, are clueless and reckless. Bad combo. They have no clue how to run a company and have destroyed what their parents created. Their motto is "ohana" which in and of itself is so annoying but then they treat everyone opposite of ohana, except of course their own family members. Speaking of which, they are excellent at hiring inexperienced family members to upper management positions. So if over worked, under paid, constant lies and nepotism is your thing, then this is the company for you.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves and start fresh.

"content writer"

Former Employee - Content Writer/Editor/Curriculum Designer in Pleasant Grove, UT

I worked at School Improvement Network full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people who work there are the best. Really caring, collaborative, smart, and on the ball. Working in education is really rewarding. The higher ups trust you to work on your own and be responsible, so you have a lot of freedom.

Cons

The company is going through a transition position as it tries to determine its new product direction. They've experienced a lot of lay-offs as they're trying to figure out their next steps.

Advice to Management

I think the management they have in place now is really good, actually. They've made a lot of changes, which is hard for a company, but they've got some smart people in the driver seats now. Hopefully they can turn things around.

"Focus"

I worked at School Improvement Network full-time

Pros

-I worked with some of the best people I have ever known.
    -The mission of the company: to improve education for students through training teachers is really a great mission and the employees and management believe in it.
    -The company is family friendly and warm to their employees.
    -The company offers good benefits

Cons

-While the company has an admirable mission the upper management seems to focus more on sales than on product innovation and creation. The word innovation is thrown around a lot as an objective of the company but it is not followed through with focused strategy and investment in ideas, products or people.
    -As an employee I felt like I never had a voice in the product strategy and that the product strategy would change on the management side too often. It felt like a more reactive company than a proactive company. I also felt in the dark as to the "why" of the decisions of the company and the over all state of the company.
    -There wasn't any room for advancement in this company.
    -Finally this company did not invest in user testing for its product and so every product was a shot in the dark, and while the market changed the company kept doing what had worked for them in the past not realizing that it didn't work for their customers any more.

Advice to Management

Creating a product that will make a real change takes planning, investment, and a lot of user testing.

"Not so good but not so bad"

Current Employee - Front End Developer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Front End Developer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at School Improvement Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

friendly environment, treats employees as family and give appreciation to your accomplishments

Cons

1. some managers are not fully experienced. they can't able to manage their team well.
    2. they layoff batch of employees several times within a year.
    3. this company sometimes didn't commit what they promised to thier employees.

Advice to Management

hired an experienced managers.

"Meh"

I worked at School Improvement Network full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great family company. They try to take care of their employees.

Cons

Don't care about you.

Advice to Management

Get a clue.

"Sales team"

I have been working at School Improvement Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New innovative sales leadership with industry experience. Commitment to collaboration and service is evident in new approaches we are taking. The positive culture is building strong teams that want to see each other succeed!

Cons

Still going through a transition period. Growth and resetting of expectations can be difficult for some. Seeing a positive outlook for the future.

Advice to Management

Continue on a path of collaboration and growth. The industry experience that you are adding to the teams is having a significant impact! The new level of support is significant. Positive impacts are already felt across the company!

"New Sales Leader"

I have been working at School Improvement Network full-time

Pros

The company has hired a new and very experienced sales leader who is turning around the sales organization. We just had the most beneficial summer sales training to date, with high collaborate from other departments.

Cons

Communication has been a barrier for those out of state but there has been progress made in that area recently.

Advice to Management

Keep making the hard decisions that are best for the whole company.

School Improvement Network Response

Aug 4, 2016 – Human Resources Business Partner

We’ve been hearing great things from our team members about the sales conference and we love seeing it here too. An extra special part of the event was having our remote sales team members ... More

10. "Great Place to Work"

Pros

School Improvement Network has a Friendly and welcoming culture.

Cons

School Improvement Network is experiencing change and growth.

"Good idea, need better leadership - particularly in sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Midvale, UT

I worked at School Improvement Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The idea of the culture they want to create and the idea of the product.

Cons

Sales leadership needs training and this goes all the way up to the CEO.

Advice to Management

Hire sales managers that are consistent and understand sales cycles, how to lead sales team, and stop using fear tactics.

School Improvement Network Response

Aug 4, 2016 – Human Resources Business Partner

With more than 20 year in the EdTech industry our recently hired SVP of Sales is doing great things for School Improvement Network.