Schreiber Foods Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 13, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Frequent changes can effect your daily tasks and work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

• Physical strain from factory work, long hours on your feet (in 8 reviews)

"Judged on personal life"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Green Bay, WI
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Green Bay, WI

I worked at Schreiber Foods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Mostly stable job. Good work building and retirement plan.

Cons

Management will make decisions about your job status based on your outside interests and personal activities that are not related to work. My leader did not like my taste in sports, movies, child rearing tactics, and outside associations. I was labeled "weird for Schreiber" and was indirectly given a path to leave Schreiber instead of grow my career. Leaders are able to get away with this as senior leadership allows lower level leaders to run the show. There is not diversity as my leader wanted me exactly like them. If you work there now just shut your mouth and agree with everything your leader says for opinions or you will end up on the street.

Advice to Management

Let the employees have a voice, not just the leaders. A diverse workforce make a strong workforce.

"Beware of Snakes"

Current Employee - Human Resources and Administrative in Green Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Human Resources and Administrative in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Schreiber Foods full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Looks good on a resume. Some advancement, but not to leadership positions.

Cons

Leaders are crooked and hide their true image from others. On the outside they say and do the right things, but they play political and stab others in the back with no warning. Snakes! I worked in HR and can attest. To get ahead you need to take part in their unethical and crooked behaviors which I chose to not have a part of.

Advice to Management

You can't hide your true self.

3. "Marketing"

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Green Bay, WI
    Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Green Bay, WI

I worked at Schreiber Foods (More than a year)

Pros

Solid cafeteria, beautiful building, everyone very nice.

Cons

Parking - the ramp is always under construction.

"General plant partner for 3 years."

Current Employee - General Plant Partner in West Bend, WI
    Current Employee - General Plant Partner in West Bend, WI

I have been working at Schreiber Foods part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good wages for a manufacturing position. It's the only reason why I am still there and so are many of my fellow partners.

Cons

Partners is the term use to classified workers at Schreiber. It may draw good implications and distinctions between traditional manufacturing title but don't be fool. You're still a worker, who is easily replaceable.

12 hours shift/last minute notice of 12 hours shift. Possibility of working 7 days straight for weeks on end. Beware of burnout. Burn out creates an unpleasant work environment. Difficult to get time off because of the seniority rules. Incompetent leadership. Fraternizing among Leadership and plant partners which leads to favoritism. Favoritism may lead to partners having animosity for one another. Little to no balance of work and life. Very little to zero communication. Firing and hiring partners seem to be the norms. Of my three years (on my shift), there's been over 10+ partners who were fired. Leadership accepts very little responsibility for mistakes, throws partners under the bus if they have to. Little to no training put in place for planet partners that leaves new hires with limited skills to become successful.

Advice to Management

If treated partners with the dignity and worth: retention rate would sky rocket, quality of production and rates would improve dramatically. It takes experience to run and understand the floor production not some recent collage grad who have zero to little understanding or leadership skills. People skill is a must, not prefer.

"Beware of high reviews"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

I worked at Schreiber Foods full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Full benefits and a lot of work from the "clean house" initiative as they won't hire any more from the positions they cut.

Cons

Beware of high reviews as these are from plant workers which have a different environment from headquarters. Other high reviews are made from human resources to set high scores for recruiting. I had worked in I.S. for about a decade and left for an advancement that was not available at Schreiber. Senior Management will do whatever it takes to protect one of their own, including TL's that are abusive and incompetent in order to protect the senior leaders' choice on their direct reports.

Advice to Management

Since more and more employees are leaving on their own, how long do you think you can sell that this is such a great place to work? Most are recruited for the experience and if they read reviews such as this they will not plan for the long term.

6. "Knock down partner"

Current Employee - General Plant Partner in Stephenville, TX
    Current Employee - General Plant Partner in Stephenville, TX

I have been working at Schreiber Foods (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay well, good company with good future. Lots of overtime. Nice management. Good human resource. Medical insurance, saving plans 401k

Cons

Hard job, need 100% attention. Dangerous in some cases. 12 hours shift. Some partners make the job harder because they are not serious

"Lots of fluff"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Green Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Schreiber Foods full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Location, pay, new home office, employee development.

Cons

We are doing well at the moment, but this is because we cut many positions and areas over the last 18 months. This is to only increase the value of the stock price. Management says it's for competitive reasons, but our private value stock price does not matter to customers and competitors. People know you are cutting throats for a small personal gain for each person.

Advice to Management

Just be honest and don't lie. Get rid of team leaders that have been there for too long to get fresh ideas.

8. "Production"

Former Employee - Production Operator in Logan, UT
    Former Employee - Production Operator in Logan, UT

Pros

They paid really well, benefits were good, and the retirement plan was the best I have had.

Cons

The scheduling was kind of a nightmare, you didn't know from one day to the next what your schedule was.

Advice to Management

Try to get the schedule worked out if possible aside form that I enjoyed my time at Schreiber Foods.

"Unhealthy superior attitudes"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Green Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Schreiber Foods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay and retirement package. Lots of restaurants nearby.

Cons

This company has partners that think they are superior to others elsewhere just because they work for Schreiber. It is hard to get in, so they think they are far superior. This mindset is supported by management and HR at Schreiber and is verbally portrayed. The mandatory Schreiber classes for self improvement take too much time away from daily workload and does not provide value to the bottom line other than a generic "schreiber certification" that gets tucks away in our drawers.

Advice to Management

There is too much emphasis on self improvement for areas that are not relevant to the position.You have been cutting positions, but cut the fat around these training courses and keep the workers instead.

10. "More good than bad"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shippensburg, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shippensburg, PA

I worked at Schreiber Foods full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Schreiber certainly paid well, and the benefits were good (except for the medical). The culture there was great for the first few years, and they really seemed to care about their employees, but the faster the company grew...

Cons

Schreiber was growing very quickly when I left, and the company focus seemed to be transitioning from its people to its profits. Pretty standard for a growing corporation.

Also, the medical insurance plan sucked. It seemed like it was set up for the sole benefit of the people at the home office in Wisconsin. In PA, our selection of providers was super limited.

Advice to Management

Learn more than just "your" job. If you truly understand what your employees are doing, they will respect you more for it.