Schryver Medical Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mark Schryver

Pros
  • Variety - Sure a chest X-Ray is a chest (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • No work / life balance except for management and upper management (in 5 reviews)

• They really under value and under appreciated their employees very high turnover (in 3 reviews)

1. "Current Job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Schryver Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have a Management Team that cares for the employees

Cons

Going through acquisitions currently, lots to do

"Travel the state, meet old people, and irradiate them"

I have been working at Schryver Medical full-time

Pros

It's generally not a difficult job. There are no unusual stresses. If you like to drive, then it's great. The pay is reasonable. It's definitely better than working in a hospital. You get paid for travel back to your home on days you keep the X-Ray van.

Cons

When you interview, you'll be told something like, "We try to get you out on time, but every now and then you'll have to work over." This is a fairytale. Getting out on time is more the exception than the rule. Say your shift is over at 6:00pm- the dispatchers excel at consistently sending you to jobs where you'll arrive onsite at 5:58pm to shoot a 30 min exam. Then you may have to drive over an hour to get home - no consideration is given in sending you to an area anywhere near where you live. Sure, you're getting paid on the drive home, but there reaches a point where your ability to see your spouse and kids more than 15 minutes a working day becomes more important than overtime.

Advice to Management

Plan ahead so that your staff levels match the workload. Quit trying to do more work with less people. All that does is run off good employees, which definitely exacerbates your problems.

3. "Billing"

Former Employee - Billing Department in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Billing Department in Denver, CO

I worked at Schryver Medical (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to start in billing but not for a long employment

Cons

Over worked. No work home balance. Low pay. A very negative management. If you work hard and are hoping for praise for a job well done you will not get one. Instead the feedback is always very negative. They really under value and under appreciated their employees very high turnover

Advice to Management

Pay a better wage to your goal setters. Give praise you might find that s valued employee is going to be this company's best asset. A good employee is going to stay if they feel appreciated and you wont have to continuously train. Better profit all around for everyone

"HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK"

Former Employee - Lab in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Lab in Denver, CO

Pros

You gain experience by learning from your co-workers (who are willing to teach you) and from your own mistakes.

Cons

Gee well where do I start? If I could give this place 0 stars I totally would. I'm almost positive that the review that was posted on 12/20/2016 was from a manager or team lead because no one in their right mind actually working there now would say that. I worked there for a year and it is the most incestuous place you will ever work. Managers bring in their un-qualified, un-experienced, lazy family members to "work" and all they do is sit around and talk, and wait for other people to do their work for them. The organization of this place is close to ZERO, they have no policies and procedures. Management just walks around with an agenda in their hands, and they have "meetings" in which you can hear their laughter all around the 5th floor. They demand that you do overtime, and if you don't, then you run a pretty high chance of getting written up for "insubordination". Management and Team Leads do not give recommendations FOR ANY REASON, it almost seems like a requirement for them to be promoted. So it is almost impossible to get out of there to find a better job. Thank God that I did.

Advice to Management

BE HUMAN, don't treat the workers like slaves or working animals. STOP THREATENING TO FIRE THEM just because people have a life outside of work and they have children to take care of. Mark Schryver, pay attention to the people that are making it possible for you to sit in your office on the 6th floor and do NOTHING all day long!

6. "Long-term Employee"

Current Employee - Senior Management in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Management in Denver, CO

I have been working at Schryver Medical (More than 10 years)

Pros

Family Atmosphere, Good co-workers, lots of opportunity

Cons

Growing too quickly, its easy to get lost in the shuffle

"Phlebotomist"

Former Employee - Mobile Phlebotomist in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Mobile Phlebotomist in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

Overtime and pay , independent working

Cons

Management horrible , very unprofessional , company complaints

"Phlebotomy Department"

Former Employee - Phlebotomy Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Phlebotomy Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Schryver Medical full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I loved my co-workers in most departments, they were the only reason I stayed as long as I did. The pay was okay, benefits were okay as well.

Cons

New company buyout which means a lot of people were done wrong. Females do not get the same recognition or promotions as men. Hours worked for amount of pay-not good. High stress and very little positive feedback.

Miss the old company-this last year was the worst year this lab has ever seen.

Corporate is greedy and does not care about a single employee. This was the most unorganized buyout I have ever been through.

Advice to Management

Corporate has no clue what the long term employees brought to this company. Bad decision to bring corporate people in to take over, but we know it was just to clean house with the good, higher paid employees.

Management needs to get a clue because the turn over is higher than ever and rising by the day.

"Mobile Radiologic Technologist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

I have been working at Schryver Medical full-time

Pros

-Flexibility - Get out of the hospitals 4 walls. While this is a driving intensive job, it's nice to be out and around town.
    -independence - This job allows you to spend a lot of time alone. Personally this is one of the biggest appeals for me. I like my space. But in the same token help is just a phone call away.
    -Variety - Sure a chest X-Ray is a chest X-Ray and that isn't going to change. But when you get to walk into a completely different room with different set up/ layout and equipment every exam can become different. Not to mention getting to interact with staff from multiple facilities (good and bad thing). But for the most part this is pretty awesome. Some facilities are friendlier than others, but i routinely have nurses inviting me to participate in snacks and pot lucks.
    -Skills - Thinking outside of the box is key in this job. When you are completely off detent you have to get good at seeing the bigger picture. Being able to see angles and setting manual techniques are I think the biggest takeaways from this job. Working around patients instead of having them conform to an X-Ray room.
    -Hours - In a time where company's are moving everyone to part-time, so far we still seem to have a surplus of hours. We have scheduled hours as well as on call hours. Plenty off opportunities to round out paychecks.
    -Management - I appreciate having a supervisor's who has done my job. I think this really helps.

Cons

-Equipment - Biggest complaint I have about the company/ job is that the equipment is not really taken care of. I feel as though the company should be replacing cassettes/ IP more often. I mean this is a mobile job so things get banged around. But i still feel the current system should be evaluated. Vehicles are old. They get serviced regularly, but it seems like the company waits to the last minute to replace them.
    -Hours - On call is nice for hours, but some months I wish it is optional. But this is pretty standard with everywhere I've worked. Also depending on what shift you work it's possible to have to stay past your shift to finish up. Usually balances out but is annoying when you aren't expecting it. Though if you really do need to be off leadership will generally let you go.

Advice to Management

As always... what company couldn't do with more employee investment. Doing things like paying for licensing fees would be amazing. But generally i am pretty satisfied with my job, so keep it up.

10. "Great Company!"

Pros

The company is incredibly flexible, the local management team is stellar and are supportive of the operations, being a mom & pop company still shows through the corporate structure. They value their employees and are constantly working to keep moral high and appreciate employees. I would highly recommend this company!

Cons

I don't have any cons that I can think of, there are high demands sometimes but they take care of you and compensate for it.

Advice to Management

Never Stop Never Stopping

11. "Supervisor"

Pros

Employees, co workers, and shift

Cons

Upper management listening to feedback

Advice to Management

Listen to staff feedback