Schwan's Sales Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Sales Representative

Schwan's Sales Representative Reviews

Updated Jan 14, 2020

2.5
Schwan's Chief Executive Officer Dimitrios Smyrnios (no image)
Dimitrios Smyrnios

"good job"

Route Sales Representative in Xenia, OH

I have been working at Schwan's for more than a year

Pros

easy work fun work environment

Cons

long hours now insensitive to stay working there

Advice to Management

add the ability to get a bass pay raise after working for a few years

Schwan's2018-12-01
  2. "Horrible"

Former Employee - Route Sales Representative in Lubbock, TX

I worked at Schwan's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay is some what a pro but the cons outmatch any pay you’ll make at this company

Cons

Quite literally everything about this job is a con

Advice to Management

Get new, younger guys. Clean house completely because all of your management are literally disgusting. The things I’ve heard said about wives and children could quite literally collapse your company. Your turn around rate is through the roof because there’s nothing that happens that isn’t the employees fault and you guys hound them to the ground. A thirty minute break for a mandatory 13 hours of work is NOT okay. Stop threatening your employees with termination at every turn. Stop looking for any literal reason to yell and or threaten your employees. Not a soul I worked with in the years I wasted at this company was happy or loving their job. From management to employee. I’ve met quite a few managers and different depots and quite literally all of them and their subordinates are unbelievably disgusting. If you think it’s appropriate to talk about peoples young daughters and wives the way your people do then your horrible. But that’s why I will be sharing my experience directly from the mouths of your employees. You need new, respectable management and you need someone on your advice team who’s younger and understands how the real, modern day works because knocking on people’s doors at 8pm because no one doesn’t sign up for Schwans is not how you get people to sign up. Personal advice to anyone who may read this review and consider a job at Schwans: please make sure you have no family or other commitments as this job is 6 days a week for 14 hours with a 30 minute break. Know that absolutely anything that happens no matter what and I mean this: no matter what it is YOUR fault. You will blamed for anything and everything. Know that there is no winning in this company. If you bring in a thousand in sales you’ll be questions why you didn’t bring in twelve hundred in sales. If you bring in thirteen hundred in sales you’ll be ask why it wasn’t two thousand. There is no winning no matter what you do. Know that management does play favorites and will not hesitate to write you up or terminate you for another persons mistake. Know that if you have a daughter or wife it is highly advised against bringing them to the depot or introducing them to your co workers because they are disgusting. I can’t stress that part enough. If you’re in an absolute pinch and you NEED a job then by all means but I beg anyone reading this review to please consider anything else but this job. I wasted years of my life on these people and they spit on you on your way out. Glad I’m done with this company There is no chance to move up, there are no raises and commission is bare minimum. The benefits are ok but nothing incredible. There is no work life balance so please don’t get that into your head. You won’t have time for anyone or anything. Also know that when servicing your customers is important that you do not service the customer how they wish to be serviced but service the customer how management believes they should be serviced. To do otherwise is a lecture and potential write up.

Schwan's2020-01-14
  3. "Good Pay, Bad Hours"

I have been working at Schwan's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay and benefits are pretty good.

Cons

You will not get off of work until 8:00-8:45 p.m.

Schwan's2019-12-16

"Long hours into the evening"

I have been working at Schwan's full-time

Pros

Not stuck in an office

Cons

Work from 10am until 8-9pm

Schwan's2019-11-02
  5. "full of promises"

I have been working at Schwan's full-time

Pros

base pay is decent.

Cons

local management is disorganized !

Advice to Management

You have good people working under the manager. perhaps a change in local management is in store.

Schwan's2019-10-22

"Absolute the worst. Don't bother with this place."

Former Employee - Route Sales Representative in Clarksville, TN

I worked at Schwan's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You work by yourself most of the time, good if you don't like being around a lot of people in the day

Cons

Literally everything else, you will be gone all day and required to stay on route until 8, in which you will chastised for working later than specified to complete quota, or chastised for not building enough of a healthy route for a crumbling route system that can't adapt to change. In a world where we have Amazon fresh and uber eats, sticking to door to door sales will literally be the end of the company.

Advice to Management

Don't dock worker pay, inform potential candidates that this job may require overnights, and provide any kind of transparency above the management position

Schwan's2019-10-17

"Great job"

Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Schuyler, NE

I have been working at Schwan's full-time for more than a year

Pros

$140 base pay a day

Cons

Building route, old customers

Schwan's2019-08-16

"Long hours"

Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative

I have been working at Schwan's full-time for less than a year

Pros

Never the same day twice. Outdoor work.

Cons

Constant pressure to produce no matter how well you are doing.

Schwan's2019-09-01
  9. "Decent"

Former Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative

I worked at Schwan's part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good management listened to other ideas

Cons

Long hours, very long hours

Advice to Management

None

Schwan's2019-08-09

"Great people unrealistic expectations"

I have been working at Schwan's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Meat fantastic customer that you will think of more as friends that customers. You can get great tips especially during holidays. Get to work on your own most of the time.

Cons

Must hit sales goals and continue to grow at all time or your written up. If your lucky you are put on a route that has a great potential to grow but more than likely you will not be and forced to hard sale (use the trust you have built)crap product that your customer doesn’t really want to help you make your goal. Always trying to find new customers must find at least two a week. The company wants to change to online only in the near future which will eliminate at least half of the drivers so job outlook is not bright. Also means that you are constantly fighting trying to get customers to order online, get there cell phone numbers, and get there email addresses.

Advice to Management

Stop lowering food quality and stop raising food prices. Let RSR’s manage their own routes. I will guarantee that the moment that you go online only Schwan’s food company will go out of business in a matter or months. Most customers buy because they like the personalized service that comes from your RSR’s but you are trying your best to eliminate that by focusing on online.

Schwan's2019-08-02