Schweiger & Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 10 reviews

3.9
Schweiger & Partners CEO Martin Schweiger
Martin Schweiger
  1. "work for Schweiger&partners in 2011"

Former Employee - Senior Executive in Singapore

I worked at Schweiger & Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

nice boss, good environment. good culture

Cons

I do not have anything to complain about

Schweiger & Partners2018-01-09
  2. "Great environment, opportunities to develop in direction of choice"

I have been working at Schweiger & Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- great work environment with friendly colleagues - firm has plenty of experience and expertise in the field - colleagues extremely willing to teach - opportunities to develop yourself in a direction of your choosing

Cons

- no fixed structure/route for learning and development of employees, so you have to be proactive and develop your own plan

Schweiger & Partners2016-12-15

September 10, 2017Partner

thank you very much for your review! We are always trying to improve the capabilities of our co-workers, and we could also provide a structure/route for learning and development. Did you approach our local managing partner about that?

3. "Patent Engineer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore

I worked at Schweiger & Partners full-time

Pros

- family-like work atmosphere - boss is very accessible - training on the job - interesting scope of work - very small to very big clients

Cons

- no near perspective for me to become a partner - boss travelled a lot - small office space

Advice to Management

set up a growth plan and stick to it

Schweiger & Partners2016-09-13

September 10, 2017Partner

thank you very much for your very positive review! We are always trying to improve the work environment of our co-workers, and we have now a much bigger office space and also a management team of which you could have been a member if you only had stayed a bit longer.

4. "I liked it there but moved overseas"

Former Employee - Administrator in Singapore

I worked at Schweiger & Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Open and forgiving working atmosphere, lot's of new things to learn. Neatly organized environment. German. I could use my Chinese & German language skills, as well as English. Once a week a free lunch together with all colleagues, every second month or so a free joint birthday lunch at a nearby restaurant. I liked it there but moved overseas. Boss helped me with a recommendation to find a new job there.

Cons

The team is lean in headcount which means that there are times with a heavy work load. Not everyone appreciates the firm's high quality standards, especially with respect to the work delivered.

Advice to Management

Hire more people.

Schweiger & Partners2016-03-18

September 10, 2017Partner

thank you very much for your positive review! It also very encouraging that people who leave us still remain on good terms with us. If you ever come back to Singapore, please join us again.

5. "Exciting times ahead"

I have been working at Schweiger & Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a renewed push by the management to build the business towards the future. Opportunities aplenty for personal and professional development. Good prospects to grow with the company.

Cons

There is a strong emphasis on hands-on learning and individual responsibility when it comes to the work involved - might not be suitable for the faint-hearted although I have to add that the work environment is generally quite a forgiving one.

Schweiger & Partners2016-03-12

September 10, 2017Partner

thank you very much for your encouraging review!

6. "Patent Engineer"

I have been working at Schweiger & Partners full-time

Pros

Coming from a larger organization, this firm has generally no office policy. It provides much training to do the work. It expects a high standard of work while treating the client fairly (even in matters important matter, which the client is not aware of it). it provides an opportunity to learn.

Cons

Some may not see as a disadvantage: one is expected to work hard and smart, even when the client is not willing to pay well.

Schweiger & Partners2016-03-11

September 10, 2017Partner

thank you very much for your very positive review! We have since last year improved tremendously with respect to the "client is not willing to pay well", right? Thank you very much for your help!

• "Happy place!"

I have been working at Schweiger & Partners full-time

Pros

I decided to take a leap of faith to join Schweiger & Partners against a backdrop of sceptics who discouraged me from leaving a high prospect job with a comfortable remuneration package. Now I have a high prospect job with a wonderful and supportive career mentor, as well as a bunch of friendly and supportive colleagues who never fail to make me laugh heartily at least once a day!

Cons

I am growing fat from all the food and happiness!

Schweiger & Partners2016-03-06

March 10, 2016principal

Thank you very much, your feedback is much appreciated.

• "Nice family atmosphere"

I have been working at Schweiger & Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

- plenty of learning opportunities in almost every aspect of the business - strong emphasis on hands-on learning - first-hand training from the principal himself in most matters - great set of staff who are always there to help and encourage one another - open and direct communication is actively promoted - small company means workplace hierarchy and office politics are almost non-existent: issues can be brought...

Cons

-small company operating in a fast-paced industry that swears by official deadlines, therefore resources can be overstretched at times -heavy, imbalanced workload -requires a lot of personal responsibility and self-discipline to push things through each day

Advice to Management

-need to prioritise employees' well-being over new work and projects -consider getting a secondary decision maker

Schweiger & Partners2015-02-01
      • "I have been working as a patent engineer for less than a year"

I have been working at Schweiger & Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A senior staff acts as a mentor to provide training, guidance and coaching for a new staff who is new to or less familiar with this IP field. The personalised training sessions allow me to acquire relevant knowledge and writing skills that are crucial for composing patent application documents and for prosecuting patent application. I am also given opportunities to learn at a pace that I can cope with.

Cons

This is a small company with limited resources. The boss has to be a superman to manage most of the major operational and business issues, despite some key functions being managed by qualified professionals. Company policies are sometimes not clearly defined or not clearly communicated. I have no idea if a succession plan has been put in place for continuity.

Schweiger & Partners2015-01-30
        • "A Place To Be To Start From Zero For A Mid-Life Career Change"

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Schweiger & Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Guided by principle of lean 'On-The-Job' training process - "senior shows by one example; junior learns by making and developing his/her own checklist" 2. Focus on empowering each member of staff with personal responsibility and initiative to deliver himself/herself spontaneously. 3. Emphasis on common-sense in professional conduct and personal integrity amongst peers and colleagues. 4. Committed to honesty and...

Cons

1. Very long hours 2. Low staff retention rate. 3. Low rate of staff developmental progression 4. Unusual requirement for availability of key staff members 5. Zero mandatory staff peer assessment review exercises 6. Lack of spontaneous transparency of staff pay structure 7. Non-existent benchmarking of staff basic remuneration for market parity

Advice to Management

1. Consideration for periodic non-tax deductible monetary incentives over basic pay 2. Active exploration of sending staff on government-sanctioned workforce and skills development courses 3. Mandatory paid off-days on top of existing staff annual leave

Schweiger & Partners2015-01-30