Sciame Construction Reviews in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY

I have been working at Sciame Construction full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fast paced environment with great opportunities to learn and grow in your field.

Accessibility to Senior Management. On more then one occasion I have personally been helped by the Executive team.

Cons

I work for a small dept., that being said, it is very hard to move up an or get promoted.

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Sciame Construction full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fast-paced environment with opportunities to work on high profile, complex and exciting projects.

The people of Sciame are passionate, hardworking and knowledgeable. With easy access to senior management and executives, you can easily reach out with any questions or concerns. There is opportunity for growth for those who desire it and work hard. The Executives and Senior Management want everyone to succeed, if you don't feel recognized, it's time to speak up. They will listen and will work with you.

Salary is competitive and benefits are generous. I am a part of the Benefits Committee and we are always looking to add new benefits that would better enhance the lives of employees. Recently Sciame added back-up child & dependent care through Bright Horizons, Employee Assistance Program and Medical / Dependent Care FSAs. Sciame even created a beautiful & private, Brand New Nursing Room for nursing mothers who return to work.

After a medical scare in the office, Sciame began offering company-wide CPR / FIRST AID training to all. Just another example of how Sciame prioritizes the safety, health & wellness of all its employees.

Cons

Long hours required at times to get the job done.

3. "Top Notch Firm with a work hard, play hard mentality"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Sciame Construction full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Responsibility and Growth Prospects (you are given every opportunity to take on additional responsibility and upward mobility is merit based)

Accessibility to Senior Management (All executives have an open door policy and people are genuinely happy to offer guidance and answer questions)

Exposure to Clients (I've had the chance to meet with renowned architects, developers and owners in the 5+ years that I've been with Sciame)

Salary and Benefits (competitive salary packages with comprehensive benefits)

Education / Learning (ability to see a project through from inception to completion)

Offices and Technology (the offices are impressive and no expenses are spared on having cutting edge technology)

Cons

High performance expectations - that being said, the company isn't big on "facetime", so you're not expected to stay late unless something needs to be done.

"Work Hard...24/7"

Current Employee - Assistant Project Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Sciame Construction full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Unique and challenging projects with lots of responsibility. This is a very hard working company top to bottom.

Cons

Uncontrolled growth, lack of experience, out of touch leadership. Under staffing and lack of experience lead to excessive workloads for all employees.

"Hard work left unnoticed by my OWN team of only 4 people ... very sad!!"

Former Employee - Assistant Project Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Sciame Construction full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great projects, small teams, learn a lot, nice office, good people. fast paced environment that pushes you to the limits.

Cons

People are so driven that they will step on you easily to have their way ... management doesn't foster team even tho that is the company mission... very sad

Advice to Management

Don't make promises you don't keep
    Foster team building