Science Recruitment Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Science Recruitment Group Reviews

5.0
Kelly Morton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Working Environment (and Commission!)"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Science Recruitment Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is built off putting the Candidates first, and we all live and breath this. This leads to giving a great service to the Clients too, and we have loads of repeat business and some massive clients that use us exclusively.
    WE have multiple offices, and cover the whole of the UK, and we have a really friendly and vibrant atmosphere within. But there is a great Competition within too that leads to some really high billers.
    We have a pretty meritocratic system, and there is really no limit to Salary / Promotion opportunities.
    We have also implemented a "Bright Ideas" system, which means that we are implementing more and more small and medium ideas from within, that benefit the whole business.
    The Bonus scheme is paid quarterly which helps you to save! And it is truly uncapped, and has kickers which makes it very lucrative at the mid-high billings, again driving performance upwards.

Cons

Offices are in Salford Quays, so not City Centre working! But we are moving to Media City, in new offices, with transport to the door, and all of Media City's delights on the doorstep.
    Internal systems have been upgraded, but still only basic, with no bells and whistles! But it sends CVs and Books in Interviews, so isn't holding anyone back!!

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the people, and processes, and look to a slightly more aggressive growth plan. We have a great company, and great presence, but we could be even bigger and better!

Science Recruitment Group Response

Jan 13, 2017 – Kelly Morton

Hi thank you for your feedback.
    I always encourage open and honest feedback and my door is always open if you wish to discuss more. I appreciate you taking the time to review your experience and I... More

2. "Recruitment done right."

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Newcastle, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Newcastle, England (UK)

I worked at Science Recruitment Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company, from the MD downwards, has such a focus on the people in the business. This is followed through to clients and candidates.
    You definitely feel you are part of a family rather than a number.

Cons

Can sometimes feel a little overwhelming early on in your career, although support is always there.

Advice to Management

My only advice would be to develop a slightly more robust induction process, specific to the science industry and location.

3. "Would I recommend SRG? Absolutely."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

I worked at Science Recruitment Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A truly brilliant team who are passionate and ambitious, friendly and fun!

There is a large support network available for all members of staff and senior members of the company are open to new ideas, honest and constructive.
    Everyone values hard work, but equally the office is fun and you are rewarded well for your hard work!

A forward thinking company, that has a positive office atmosphere and is continually striving to be better!
    A pleasure and a joy to have worked there!

Cons

Only a few avenues for career progression, so can be limiting when looking to develop personally, long term.

Advice to Management

Continue to live the SRG vision and values because they're great, and so is SRG!

4. "Excellent"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Science Recruitment Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A refreshing Recruitment environment, you are given autonomy and there is clear investment and support in your Learning and Development.

Cons

Sometimes there could be better internal communication.

"Great company"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Science Recruitment Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good management, flexibility to manage your own desk, strong commission structure and a relaxed but competitive atmosphere

Cons

Sometimes process and compliance associated with being a part of a larger organization limits progression and potential business.

Advice to Management

Be more in touch with the day to day performance and more aware of who's performing well within the business and likewise who is underperforming.

"Rewarding and fulfilling employment"

I have been working at Science Recruitment Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Strong senior management team led from the front by MD. The visions and values aren't just words, they're displayed throughout the business and are built in to objectives for all, regardless of job level. The focus is on empowering staff to be accountable for their own performance and career. Obviously not everything is perfect all the time, but having faith in the people at the top makes a huge difference and makes SRG the best company I've ever worked for.

Cons

We enjoy the benefits of having hands on Directors in our business. This means that things do happen and positive change is forthcoming. Although we see some benefits from being owned by a larger business, change is sometimes hampered because of this due to having its own approval/ escalation processes.

"A great place for specialists to develop"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Salford, North West England, England (UK)

I have been working at Science Recruitment Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great working environment and work ethic - you are given the tools to develop yourself into a specialist within a niche and also enough support to develop your desk.

Cons

Large company with different divisions and consultants so it can sometimes be a challenge to be joined up and work efficiently, not doubling up. However, this can be overcome with good communication.

Advice to Management

Remember the people who are actually doing the hands on job and listen to their feedback

"Recruitment for "adults""

Current Employee - Operations Team Manager in Salford, North West England, England (UK)

I have been working at Science Recruitment Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Everything people hate about recruitment has been syringed out of SRG, leaving a wholesome, healthy operation which promotes, develops and loves its staff.

BD just for the sake of it ? No. Discounting our fees just to undercut the competition? No. Accepting that recruitment is just sending enough CV's? No. Proving that if you care, are ambitious and a decent human being you will thrive? Yes, yes, yes.

Cons

No company is perfect, but everyone here has a voice and change is regular enough, most often for the good of the many.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your valued staff, they are not indispensable, they are the business, and in the most part they love it here!

9. "Fantastic Company"

I have been working at Science Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

Values driven company who try to bring those values to life through may different ways. Their values of Success, Together, Accountability and Respect feature in lots of incentives, rewards, development programmes, performance reviews and in opportunities to feedback to senior management.
    A high level of performance is expected and those that achieve are 'backed' through development and reward.
    Relatively fun culture - not overly oppressive KPI driven like some recruitment companies can be.
    The company sticks to it's guns - it's a specialist recruitment company, taking on largely scientists and engineers to work as expert to expert recruiters.

Cons

Those who don't achieve the expected performance levels can find life tough - given many people come straight out of a lab this can come as a shock to some people.

Advice to Management

If it ain't broken don't fix it. It's a very well run company with a good management team - while there are always improvements to be made make sure you don't throw the baby out with the bathwater!

10. "Transitioned from the lab."

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at Science Recruitment Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

SRG values individual styles and gives everyone a big box to play in where you are encouraged to focus on what you do well.

Coming from a science background I was worried it would be a pure sales environment and KPI culture but SRG really invests in developing rounded people with deep undertandin of their market.

Cons

The growth path is not clearly defined and relies personal ambitions to move you along the ladder.

Advice to Management

More crossfunctional working as the business can seem disjointed at times and internal processes can often get in the way.