ScienceLogic Reviews in Reston, VA | Glassdoor

4.8
ScienceLogic CEO David Link
David Link

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Challenging, fast-paced work environment (in 13 reviews)

• Managers really care about your performance and growth but also your work life balance (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • None really other the normal growing pains of a growing company :-) (in 5 reviews)

• Need to reduce the carbs/fats filled free-food always available (in 4 reviews)

1. "Awesome people and fun place to learn and grow"

Current Intern - Software Engineer(Internship) in Reston, VA

I have been working at ScienceLogic as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working with fun, smart, and supportive people including my mentors and other interns. All people I have met here are very friendly and willing to help whenever you ask for help, from people in HR, Marketing, Finance, to my Engineering department.

ScienceLogic is not a small but also not a large company, so for me, it is a perfect place to learn about the organization of a software company and how different teams in engineering department interact and how their works relate to each other. Also, walking around ScienceLogic also gives me the feeling of a fun, fast paced, but welcoming environment because others would greet you when they see you even though they might be busy with their work.

ScienceLogic respects its interns and provides opportunities for the interns to learn about the company as well as the industry as much as they can.
    For instance, they provide 3 days training about ScienceLogic software for the interns to obtain the ScienceLogic Certified Professional. Interns are also invited to participate in Product Core Release Planning.

They also create many fun and meaningful events for the interns as well, such as the Interns and mentors TopGolf Outing, Scavenger Hunt to Get to Know the Office, Team building Session with a Scrum Master, Lunch with the CEO & COO, Nationals Baseball Game Company Outing, and more.

Also, the project I am working on in this summer is challenging enough to help me grow technically and also let me see my contribution directly to the team and to the product.

Cons

Their snack, beverage, and foods can destroy your diet plan.

2. "A Great Place to Work (as seen by an intern)"

I have been working at ScienceLogic as an intern

Pros

- They are expanding, and need new employees, and so they treat their employees, and even their interns, very well.
    - The culture here is very relaxed and everyone is very friendly. It is very easy to fit in with the people here and you can even talk to managers as easily as everyone else.
    - There is a lot of food during meetings, etc, and so you get lots of free (and at the same time good) food

Cons

- If you are in engineering, just like any tech company, there is A LOT to learn when you get here.

3. "You will definitely get real world working experience as an Intern"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Reston, VA
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Reston, VA

I have been working at ScienceLogic as an intern

Pros

Management is great (at least in the department that I worked in). The pay was also higher than any other summer internship that I found. You will learn a lot and will be exposed to a real working environment. Love the company culture; it has a "start-up" vibe to it.

Cons

It is very apparent that some departments of the company do not get along. You will notice no one will hesitate to blame another department for their short coming, but I guess thats part of the "real world" experience. Also since this is a small company compared to the fortune 500 tech giants so they do have some growing pains but are rapidly growing. I assume things will get better as time goes on.

4. "Best company I've worked for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at ScienceLogic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

• Friendly, creative, intelligent workforce
    • Never a dull or boring day
    • Always opportunities to take on new responsibilities
    • Don’t need to bring lunch most days

Cons

• Some legacy employees are resistant to change
    • Workforce could be more diverse, age, ethnicity, men/women, ect

Advice to Management

Consider hiring a more diverse workforce

5. "Great Culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at ScienceLogic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Smart, genuine, and friendly people
    -Management/Supervisors encourage feedback, highly transparent
    -Awesome culture and work/life balance, remote-friendly
    -You have the ability to make a big impact in a fast growing company, with great freedom comes great responsibility!

Cons

Hard to resist all of the delicious food!

Advice to Management

Keep looking toward the future and making ScienceLogic a great place to work!

6. "The Awesome Continues!"

Current Employee - Technical Trainer in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Technical Trainer in Reston, VA

I have been working at ScienceLogic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Energetic and upbeat company atmosphere, where the Executive Team is always looking for ways to improve the software products and the company in general.

Cons

Working remotely can be 'lonesome' sometimes. Other than that I really don't find any cons in working with this company.

Advice to Management

Keep an eye on the burden of management and look for ways to reduce the 'burn out' of senior staff members.

7. "Still a Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at ScienceLogic full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Casual and rewarding work environment. The CEO is one of the best motivators I have every worked for.

Cons

Growing company pains but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

ScienceLogic Response

May 15, 2017 – Talent Acqusition Associate

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We encourage a culture of ownership, and embrace a work-hard mindset that gives room for freedom and creativity. We’re happy to hear it’s working for... More

8. "Outstanding Work Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at ScienceLogic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ScienceLogic walks the talk in terms of providing an environment that allows employees to achieve meaningful results; the workforce is highly engaged and motivated; the Executive team, led by CEO Dave Link, is top notch and positioned to lead our dynamic organization to continued success; the company has experienced significant employee growth - which has been capably led by a high-caliber HR team - and invests in employees' professional development. We have the most AMAZING work environment - probably the best designed space along the Dulles corridor - which fosters information sharing and collaboration and serves as a showcase for customer and employee events. My manager encourages me to take on new challenges and I continually feel supported by her. Competitive benefits package (basically cover your medical deductible!) but very limited choice in terms of plan selection (See Cons). I really enjoy coming to work every day...

Cons

Would like to see more choice in our benefits package; currently only one choice for medical - which is good plan but doesn't really meet my needs; could invest some more $$ in technology although we are implementing a new finance and HR system; Still a "small" (although growing) company so career growth opportunities are somewhat limited - but I have personally seen my own role evolve during my tenure at ScienceLogic.

Advice to Management

continue investing in employees; be accountable; provide constructive feedback; continue to listen to employees. consider expanding our benefit plan choices.

ScienceLogic Response

May 16, 2017 – Talent Acqusition Associate

Thank you for the feedback about our benefits. Our organization is now large enough where considering more plan options is ideal. One of our HR goals this year is to evaluate the feasibility of... More

"Dynamic place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at ScienceLogic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Exciting place to work if you want to build your career and stretch out of your comfort zone. Leadership is supportive of employees and truly places value on individuals and encourages growth and new ideas. The product is top in class in a growth market with a ton of opportunity for those willing to go out and grab it. Leadership places a value on people who can make an impact which is one of the top reasons I chose to leave my previous job and come to ScienceLogic. Work life balance is good and lots of opportunities for growth and development.

Cons

Typical growing pains as a company grows from small start up size to mid-size. The positive spin on that is the management teams are aware and supportive of the need to implement changes in order to scale and stay on the front of innovation in the market.

Advice to Management

Keep the positive, fun, casual atmosphere - it allows employees to be creative and innovate with new technologies.

"Software Developer"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Reston, VA

I worked at ScienceLogic (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere. Fun and talented people. Business is growing rapidly. The management is always open to new ideas.

Cons

I'm typing something here just because Glassdoor requires something for this box.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work