KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

ScienceLogic

Engaged Employer

ScienceLogic

Add a Review

ScienceLogic Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Aug 4, 2021

Technical Account Manager

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "boarding process I've ever experienced and the whole company seems to be filled with genuinely great people.(in 30 reviews)
  • "1. Great culture.(in 22 reviews)
  • "I’ve been here for about 3 months now and the benefits are great, really enjoy working here even remotely.(in 16 reviews)
  • "Great CEO.(in 15 reviews)
  • "Leadership is great and the company is growing significantly.(in 14 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of ScienceLogic and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Could Still Make IT

Jan 31, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong, capable product. CEO's enthusiasm drives the company. Great work/life balance. Team likes to work hard/play hard. Partially-updated office is nice if you are on one of those floors. Solid alliance with most substantial company in the IT space. Leader in space with regard to Government and Service Provider customers. Sales playbook focus has chance at differentiating product in enterprise space.

Cons

Missed opportunity to leverage hybrid leadership in enterprise space. Ongoing difficulty cracking enterprise market and differentiating product. Exit of strongest leaders at multiple levels in org. No clear liquidity goal on timeline or communicated to staff. Wrong leadership and outdated strategies across most internal orgs. No SaaS. Formerly weak competitors have closed innovation and sales/marketing gap.

11 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent Place to Work (female employee, 1 year)

Feb 13, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-close-knit team is very supportive -great benefits (health care & UNLIMITED PTO) -potential for career advancement -casual dress/comfortable work environment -perfect size company (not too big nor small) I have worked here for a year and have built strong relationships with my fellow employees. There is a very team-oriented atmosphere, and we all help each other to succeed. The company represents the work-hard, play-hard lifestyle, with monthly breakfasts to recognize employees and many other events (Nationals baseball game, etc.) throughout the year. Excellent work/life balance with unlimited PTO. Other benefits include great health insurance plans, 401k with match and share options. It's the people here who make it a truly fun place to work.

Cons

-commute to reston (typical DMV traffic)

6 people found this review helpful
  3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fast-paced company with a wonderful leader

Mar 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have only encountered knowledgeable, hard-working people that work collaboratively. You can learn so much from working here, if you take the initiative. The bonus is the CEO is a transparent, kind, and thoughtful leader.

Cons

It’s fast-paced here. It’s sink or swim! Work life balance is nonexistent if you don’t set boundaries.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Dynamic place to work

Jan 4, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exciting place to work if you want to build your career and stretch out of your comfort zone. Leadership is supportive of employees and truly places value on individuals and encourages growth and new ideas. The product is top in class in a growth market with a ton of opportunity for those willing to go out and grab it. Leadership places a value on people who can make an impact which is one of the top reasons I chose to leave my previous job and come to ScienceLogic. Work life balance is good and lots of opportunities for growth and development.

Cons

Typical growing pains as a company grows from small start up size to mid-size. The positive spin on that is the management teams are aware and supportive of the need to implement changes in order to scale and stay on the front of innovation in the market.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Pre-IPO Company in ITOM space

Jan 23, 2020 - Account Executive in Reston, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people. A good career experience for 2 to 4 years. Good industry to be in. Good product for MSPs. Ok product for enterprises as a MoM tool. Healthy environment. Great work/life balance. Everyone is happy.

Cons

Challenging to compete with ServiceNow and more bleeding edge technologies. Product evolution has been a challenge, although the marketing tells a different story. Financially driven company (which is good because they are financially healthy), yet very restrictive in regards to rewarding top reps.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  6. 4.0
    Current Employee

Sales Engineer

Aug 16, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent work life balance and culture

Cons

Lack communication among team member in the Sales space.

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Poor treatment of women, stressful and emotionally draining place to work

Feb 12, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company has great core values and work/life balance. It could really be a great place to work if they cleaned up their act and actually embraced the values they are promoting. Working on new tech stacks for some teams (not all), and free subscriptions to technical learning/video tutorial sites. Stand up desks if you ask for them.

Cons

Harassment and poor treatment of female employees is shoved under the rug and overlooked like it doesn't happen even when it's reported to management and HR. Women are pushed out or demoted. There is an "all male" syndrome here and the message given to females from male co-workers and management is to shut up and sit there and do whatever work is assigned to them without question or speaking up or having any kind of voice or opinion about it. Casual derogatory and demeaning remarks or pictures of women are not uncommon. Creating new features is prioritized over all other work which means the product is buggy and bloated and has poor architecture. Try to make improvements to these things you're told they're not a priority. Project owners and management believe creating more partially working features is better than having solid, well tested and developed bug free product with a good user experience with fewer features. The CEO seems really passionate about the company and the product, however there is constant mis-direction, lack of communication and poor management up and down the chain. CEO is quick to fire whole sections of upper management at what appears to be the drop of the hat. Managers have unrealistic expectations of what teams can deliver if they can even provide requirements for what teams are supposed to be making -- half the time they don't know themselves or it changes from day to day and hour to hour. This causes overall frustration and immeasurable stress, depression and general misery throughout the teams.

21 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Outstanding!

Nov 30, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with. Everyone is challenged to do their best. Their core values are so cool and everyone thrives to incorporate in their work life (Be Bold, Create Wow, Be Nerdy, You Matter, Empower Success). Lots of flexibility and great work life balance. Superb products, amazing customers and partners. I am not sure why there are some people who classify challenges as problems... pls folks, grow up and really look at how lucky you are to work here :)

Cons

Maybe too much food available.... and perhaps some employees take the unlimited time off too much to heart

1 person found this review helpful

ScienceLogic Response

Head of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate hearing that you are guided by our values and agree that free food :-) and flexible time off are fantastic perks - among our many other comprehensive benefits. We firmly believe that our diversity is a differentiator for us and we will continue to nurture this valuable asset. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts.

9. 5.0