Scientific Games Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kevin Sheehan

Cons

"Working at Scientific Games"

Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Scientific Games full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The individual parts of the company are better than the whole. The company was formed by 4 companies coming together and is very disjointed and there is no cohesive structure or culture.
    Strong creative and R&D mindset.

Cons

Too many fiefdoms, still aligned to legacy companies.
    Some senior executives set in their ways, very resistant to any change.

Advice to Management

Need executive management to layout a common vision that all employees can get behind. Changes also need to be made from the top down. Legacy executives are more often than not a hindrance to doing anything new.

Feb 7, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed that your experience at Scientific Games was as stated. We will make sure to pass on your feedback,

"Getting Worse Not Better"

I have been working at Scientific Games full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Collaborative environment and good people but I believe that it is because they are remnants of the old Bally

Cons

Not looking at the big picture. Making all the employees suffer the consequences of business leaders poor choices. Taking even more away than what they have already taken and it doesn't look to be getting better.

Feb 7, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. I encourage you to reach out to your manager to discuss in more detail or if more comfortable someone in HR. We always welcome feedback and ideas for improvement!

3. "something about SG"

I worked at Scientific Games full-time

Pros

location, flex time, good people

Cons

work culture getting worse, weird process, food

5. "In a hole, need to dig it's way out..."

I worked at Scientific Games full-time

Pros

Learning about lottery and gaming can be interesting?

Cons

Zero corporate culture, difficult customers in compliant industries.

Advice to Management

Once you figure out how to get out of debt, focus a little more on your people and also innovative ideas.

"Disrespectful"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Scientific Games full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The folks in the HR division in Chicago were amazing! We all worked hard and had a lot of work but we worked together and got things done. We were moving the company forward.

Cons

With last merger, VP did not do diligent job of removing duplicate jobs, cost overruns, etc. Hired at a fast pace and then laid off 20% of the workforce. Layoffs every quarter make it unstable and not a fun company. With the motto of "have a great day" it is hard when you don't know if you will have a job.

Advice to Management

stop the unneeded hiring, be open, if everything will be out of Vegas, don't hire in Chicago. You want good works from employees, show it to the company and not in poor email communications. Respect your employees. They will respect you.

"Lottery Corporate"

Pros

There were many incredibly hard working people at SG. There were opportunities to work in multiple fields because of overlap in responsibilities.

Cons

Compensation is on the lower end. Office politics of the leaders got worse and leaders are less connected the higher up you go in the hierarchy. Little to no structure in setting employee expectations, coaching, or standardization in process, culture, or strategies.

Advice to Management

Lack of good leadership and poor execution of decisions are leading the division down a dark path.

"Good for Some, Bad for Others"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Scientific Games full-time

Pros

Not very many pros from my perspective. Pay and benefits are decent but money doesn't bring happiness. A large percentage of the people have been with the company for 10+ years so if you can find a clique then you are golden. Also, HR makes an effort to host fun employee events like a cornhole tournament and food trucks.

Cons

The company has around 8,000 people so it can be very difficult to figure out who the right person is to speak to in order to solve a problem. Just to get an IT person to fix your computer takes 2 weeks! As mentioned in the Pros section, it felt kind of like high school where people fall into their "cliques" and don't branch out much to meet new people. It also seemed like management didn't care if they infringed on your personal time. You are expected to work nights and weekends and respond to email while on vacation. And after all of the hard work, they laid people off who had been there for a very long time because all they care about is the bottom line....so don't expect them to be loyal in return.

Advice to Management

Strive for a better work/life balance for employees. Also, look for ways to allow employees to fully disconnect during non-work hours.

"Computer Operator"

Current Employee - Computer Operator in Middletown, PA
    Current Employee - Computer Operator in Middletown, PA

Pros

The company is a progressive high tech company that just doesn't pay enough for the dedication and skills required for the job. The constant changing upper management and corporate philosophy misunderstanding is a problem.

Cons

Constantly changing unstable management. Very poor pay for dedication required. Long hours that change often leaving little room for personal life.

Advice to Management

Pay more for the skills and dedication you require you require.

"VP"

Pros

leadership position in gaming and lottery. strong technology and gaming content resources

Cons

frequent change in leadership; micromanaging; organization has become very politicized

"The once great company, now a shell of the past glory, merger woes..."

Current Employee - Senior Principal Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Principal Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Scientific Games full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great area, great facilities (Cafeteria, Gym/workout area, LEED office building ,
    Majority of the employees are great.
    Good Parking area,

Cons

Upper management are terrible, no clear direction.
    Still in the mentality of Brand versus Brand (Bally vs. WMS vs Scientific games) very silo mentality
    and the vibe is that they want to keep it that way.
    Benefit package is getting worse every year and the price has gone up every year.
    EEOC should look into this place because the diversity at this place is a farce. (first hand experience, I'm looking into this myself)

Advice to Management

Why give advice? The feeling is that they won't listen to the employees anyway. It is their way or the highway. Example: the employee survey was sent out and it has been analyzed and more than 70% have responded to the survey and still NO word on what the survey presented or any improvements because of it. 6000+ responses and so far no feedback or option. What is my tiny one reflection going to do.

Aug 3, 2016 – Director Corporate Communications

At Scientific Games, every voice matters. We completed our first employee engagement survey in June and nearly 75% employees took the time to participate in the review. While we are still analyzing ... More