Scientific Search Reviews | Glassdoor

Joseph Peters

"Great Environment!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Cherry Hill, NJ

Pros

Excellent opportunities to advance and earn more money. Management is very supportive and provides all the tools and training needed to succeed. Terrific compensation and benefits.

Cons

Nothing of note. Everyone is very supportive of one another which I believe is very rare for a recruiting agency.

Advice to Management

Awesome job of motivating and incentifying the staff. If you are looking to begin a career in recruiting then this is a great place to work. Keep up the great work!

2. "Big Company Impact, Small Family Values"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Scientific Search full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You have the flexibility to move your schedule around to participate in your kids school or sporting events. You have the ability to work from home on an as needed basis. this company spends the money to insure that we have the best of the best when it comes to technology and recruiting tools. Most importantly, this company cares about its reputation and holds itself to the highest standards

Cons

small family like firm with many different personalities working closely. Like any family, spats arise but also like any family, at the end of the day, we are one happy family again.

Advice to Management

Keep rewarding performance. The monthly sales contests and the Florida Spa/Golf trip contest are awesome motivators!

3. "Overall, I am very happy here."

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Scientific Search full-time (More than a year)

Pros

By in large, everyone gets along well with each other.

Management is very receptive to feedback and has an open door policy as well as scheduled one-on-one time to discuss needed improvements or concerns.

Employees are given the autonomy to think for themselves and aren't micromanaged. That is not to say there aren't metrics, oversight and expectations, but we are treated like professionals and don't have someone breathing down our neck as long as we are actually working and performing.

Given ample opportunity for training and continuing education in the field.

Paid very fairly by industry standards

Cons

Nothing out of the ordianary that wouldn't come with any job on earth. There are always bad days and bad things that happen with any company from time to time so anything negative that I could say would be nitpicking for nitpicking's sake.

Advice to Management

See cons....

5. "Great opportunity to learn and excel."

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Scientific Search full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I came into this position with no recruiting experience. Through coaching and mentoring from the senior staff, I have been able to adapt quickly and now have a promising career as a recruiter. The Technical Recruiter position allows me to "own" my salary, I can earn as much as I want if I put the effort in. If you let the senior staff know you want to make the money, they give you the chance to earn it!

Cons

There is only thirty minutes allotted for lunch, I could use a little more time to take care of errands.

Advice to Management

Give more time for lunch. Also, half day Fridays should be year around, not just in the Summer!

6. "Awesome place to work!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Scientific Search full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked here @ Scientific Search for almost 4 years. The environment is entrepreneurial; not micro-managed. Just like everything else –you will get out exactly what you put in. After 2+ years, I left the company to pursue what I believed to be a better opportunity, with a much larger company in Philadelphia. The management group could not have been more professional & supporting of my decision to leave; left on great terms & was told I was welcome back anytime. After about a month, I realized that I had made a mistake; not that the new company was that bad; just the fact that Scientific Search is that good!! I called the owner, told him what my situation was & he said “see you Monday”…. Not many companies would do that!!

Cons

I believe that every company can get better. What is exciting is that the management team shares that belief & has an open dialog & solicits ideas/suggestions to make our company better for the employees & our clients.

Advice to Management

Keep striving to become a better company for our employees and clients.

7. "Great place to learn how to recruit in Pharma"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Scientific Search full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

After 3 years I was earning over 100K. You can't expect to work 8 hours a day, but certainly can earn a six figure income if you put in the time.

Cons

It is essentially your own business, so you do need to make yourself available 24/7. Sometimes difficult to manage work/life balance.

Advice to Management

I would just thank them for the opportunity and training. I left because my commute was too long, but their training made me more marketable and helped me land my new job closer to home.

"Company culture is severly lacking"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Scientific Search full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Base salary decent and commission structure is decent. Some people have luke warm personalities. Have the option to specialize in recruiting or sales. Software is easy to learn.

Cons

Yes, the benefits are horrible. High deductible insurance, no life insurance and 401k eligible after 1 year of employment. They micro manage and watch your every move. Lunches and breaks are discouraged, yet they say through time they have a flex schedule. One owner is very pleasant, the other not so much. The majority of their senior staff do not treat people with respect, although it's not everyone. Watch your back because everything you do is watched and people talk behind your back. The training consists of watching dvd's and listening to cd's. There is no job security and even if your a rock star and they have issue with your personality your out the door. Some of the people are down right nasty with a "Tude". Previous comments about new people who feel entitled made me laugh, it's the senior people that work there with an attitude. Yep, even smart people can put in 40 to 45 hours and be just as successful as those that live and breathe their job.

Advice to Management

Get real benefits. Perhaps people could smile there and cultivate company culture. It takes a village. And no, I'm not bitter, but had I job shadowed I would have declined working with them

9. "Amazing place to work and earn tons of $$$`"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Scientific Search full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team for those that put the effort in. Definitely not for those that want to stroll in at 830 and leave at 5pm. Low base and UNLIMITED commission for those that work at it. Unbelievable tools at your disposable and training both in house and external any time you want it. All the resources to be a success for those that want it. Senior recruiters there for 10 or more years and multiple people with tenure which is not common in the industry., Owners are open to suggestions and anyone can see their ideas implemented. Sent on company sponsored trip annually all expenses paid for those that produce. Just awesome.

Cons

Too many people with an attitude of entitlement make it through the interview process and think that they will be successful by doing the minimum which takes money and time from others. Hopefully the process can be improved to rule out those that don't want to work for living and want to roll out of bed and collect a paycheck.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Those that deserve to be rewarded are and those that dont are quickly removed. Great Place to work.

"Great starting point, but NO long term potential"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Cherry Hill, NJ

Pros

They will hire someone with no recruiting experience, so potential to learn the industry is there. They do have a decent amount of tools available to offer their staff; will pay for trainings

Cons

Horrible senior management; Terrible job stability; absolutely awful benefits, owner & sr. management has no moral compass; extremely clicky

Advice to Management

No advice can improve this place. There is NO HR department and that is probably a good thing for them. They need to understand that their employees should be treated professionally and with respect. The things that go on in the office would never be allowed in corporate america.

11. "Amazing place to work"

I have been working at Scientific Search full-time

Pros

We are given every tool we need to earn unlimited commission along with a base salary, vacation, half days, trips etc. People on here complain and I wonder if these people know what other companies are like? 3 current employees, left and are now back here and have been for years. We have incredible tenure with people here 10 to 15 yrs which is unheard of in this space. Is it perfect, NO but nowhere is. We make good money and have everything we need!!

Cons

I really dont have any. I love my job