Scientific Search Reviews | Glassdoor

Joseph Peters

"Great Environment!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Cherry Hill, NJ

Pros

Excellent opportunities to advance and earn more money. Management is very supportive and provides all the tools and training needed to succeed. Terrific compensation and benefits.

Cons

Nothing of note. Everyone is very supportive of one another which I believe is very rare for a recruiting agency.

Advice to Management

Awesome job of motivating and incentifying the staff. If you are looking to begin a career in recruiting then this is a great place to work. Keep up the great work!

2. "Great opportunity to learn and excel."

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Scientific Search full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I came into this position with no recruiting experience. Through coaching and mentoring from the senior staff, I have been able to adapt quickly and now have a promising career as a recruiter. The Technical Recruiter position allows me to "own" my salary, I can earn as much as I want if I put the effort in. If you let the senior staff know you want to make the money, they give you the chance to earn it!

Cons

There is only thirty minutes allotted for lunch, I could use a little more time to take care of errands.

Advice to Management

Give more time for lunch. Also, half day Fridays should be year around, not just in the Summer!

3. "Awesome place to work!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Scientific Search full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked here @ Scientific Search for almost 4 years. The environment is entrepreneurial; not micro-managed. Just like everything else –you will get out exactly what you put in. After 2+ years, I left the company to pursue what I believed to be a better opportunity, with a much larger company in Philadelphia. The management group could not have been more professional & supporting of my decision to leave; left on great terms & was told I was welcome back anytime. After about a month, I realized that I had made a mistake; not that the new company was that bad; just the fact that Scientific Search is that good!! I called the owner, told him what my situation was & he said “see you Monday”…. Not many companies would do that!!

Cons

I believe that every company can get better. What is exciting is that the management team shares that belief & has an open dialog & solicits ideas/suggestions to make our company better for the employees & our clients.

Advice to Management

Keep striving to become a better company for our employees and clients.

5. "Great place to learn how to recruit in Pharma"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Scientific Search full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

After 3 years I was earning over 100K. You can't expect to work 8 hours a day, but certainly can earn a six figure income if you put in the time.

Cons

It is essentially your own business, so you do need to make yourself available 24/7. Sometimes difficult to manage work/life balance.

Advice to Management

I would just thank them for the opportunity and training. I left because my commute was too long, but their training made me more marketable and helped me land my new job closer to home.

6. "Amazing place to work and earn tons of $$$`"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Scientific Search full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team for those that put the effort in. Definitely not for those that want to stroll in at 830 and leave at 5pm. Low base and UNLIMITED commission for those that work at it. Unbelievable tools at your disposable and training both in house and external any time you want it. All the resources to be a success for those that want it. Senior recruiters there for 10 or more years and multiple people with tenure which is not common in the industry., Owners are open to suggestions and anyone can see their ideas implemented. Sent on company sponsored trip annually all expenses paid for those that produce. Just awesome.

Cons

Too many people with an attitude of entitlement make it through the interview process and think that they will be successful by doing the minimum which takes money and time from others. Hopefully the process can be improved to rule out those that don't want to work for living and want to roll out of bed and collect a paycheck.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Those that deserve to be rewarded are and those that dont are quickly removed. Great Place to work.