KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 22 of over 23 reviews

4.5
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

High integrity mission and culture

Apr 25, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Scoot walked its talk. A mission driven civic-minded organization, Scoot made a point of being an egalitarian culture and treating all employees from top to bottom with respect

Cons

Financing was always a challenge

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Mission and people make it worth a bumpy ride

Mar 10, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Kind people who want to see the world become a better place. True teammates who want to help when you need it, a safe environment to fail/grow. Super healthy work/life balance: office is empty at 5:30. Free Scooting. Most people are absolutely brilliant and wonderful to work with.

Cons

HQ team works side-by-side with fleet mechanics and vehicle R&D which is cool but really noisy. As the team grows globally it can feel like herding cats sometimes. A lot of transparency (good) but not a ton of accountability (not good). Small player in a big space (not ideal for those looking for insane growth/valuations/unlimited budgets for tech teams). International offices and vendors can be tough to work with sometimes as a woman. Constantly fighting fires, work can feel a bit like fighting a Hydra.

3. The latest conversations about Tech

166 Comments

Join the conversation on
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Strong and passionate belief in mission company wide

Mar 27, 2019 - Field Service Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very friendly and team provoking environment. The former CEO and founder is very inspiring and lead in such a way that I found myself wanting to go above and beyond with day to day work as well as critically thinking of how to make methods more efficient. Great company culture and overall value in the work done.

Cons

There is room for higher efficiency and better use of assets/employees. As a field technician I have run into people delighted with the service, but also people who had some nasty words. If Scoot can keep their fleet of shared e-vehicles tidy and healthy, I think everyone can be happy, whether they use the service or not.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good company culture, safety first

Jun 1, 2019 - Field Technician in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at Scoot as a part-time employee. I felt that safety was first and that company culture mattered. I received motorcycle gear despite working only a part-time schedule. I've worked at other companies where safety equipment was a responsibility of the employee and not the company. I appreciated that Scoot cared about employee safety. The culture seemed to be positive and growth focused which is also something I look for in a company.

Cons

There could be more interaction between the mechanics/field service side of the company and the software/design side of the company.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Sep 27, 2019 - Senior DevOps Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Worked on fun and challenging problems. Was never micro managed. Well respected and appreciated.

Cons

Office was cold and loud, but hardly a big "con".

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company and leadership with Mission and Plan

Apr 13, 2019 - Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team and Environment are really great. People are smart and excited about their contribution. You get to ride the scoots for free inside the office and outside.

Cons

The office is not in a safe location in SF. The pay is average as per SF location.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Energetic, full of potential, and growing startup

Nov 1, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

We're at this cusp of innovation and transportation that is such an exciting time, and exciting to take Scoot to the next level together. The opportunity in the industry is huge! Scoot is primed to expand tremendously in the next 6-18 months. I've been here a long time and it's truly the best time for new people to be joining. There are so many new subject experts joining every week and I learn more and more with each passing month. I feel challenged, heard, and invested in. I love coming to work everyday. There are hard days and weeks, but that's all part of the ride.

Cons

We have been super resource-constrained, and have had some stumbles, but I think the execs are correcting for it and I'm looking forward to the coming months. There are already new teams and leaders that are making a big difference.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great mission, great company

May 11, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Scoot is a mission-driven company and this shines through in all parts of the business. The people are a true highlight - hardworking, thoughtful and kind to each other. The company is in a major growth stage, so things are moving fast which keeps it exciting. You get free scooting around SF, company happy hours, great snacks & the opportunity to feel like you are making a difference in the world.

Cons

Because things are growing so fast, it's easy to feel like you are getting pulled in a lot of different directions. This isn't a real con, as long as you are able to manage your time effectively.

10. 4.0

Years later, I still love working at Scoot

Sep 6, 2018 -  in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Driven, empathetic, and amazing colleagues (by far my favorite perk) - Great new office space - Unlimited access to motor scooters, electric bikes, and kick scooters - Fun weekly happy hour - Great culture and company values that retains and attracts great people. Our core values: transparency, safety, and being thoughtful and genuine (aka "Be seen, be safe, be nice")

Cons

- Typical growing pains for a startup turning into an authority in the space - Process only comes to teams with experienced and disciplined leaders. Some teams have it, others don't. - Although we've improved in the last year, high-level strategy can still be lacking at times

3 people found this review helpful
  11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

I enjoy going to the office every day + good engineering challenges

Nov 1, 2018 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exciting engineering challenges, opportunities for growth, ownership and involvement in product. Fun working with IoT tech/data and enabling more access to light electric vehicles in congested urban centers. Great coworkers and mission.

Cons

Occasionally, poor decisions from upper management trickle down and cause engineering / ops teams tons of stress. Maybe this happens everywhere. When this happens, it results in focusing on firefighting instead of investing in the future. Fortunately, some intermediate layers of project/product management are being added.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 22 Reviews