KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 22 of over 23 reviews

4.5
  1. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great mission with the amazing co-workers

Jan 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

– independence - working environment - product - salary

Cons

Decision making process was sometimes not super transparent

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

High integrity mission and culture

Apr 25, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Scoot walked its talk. A mission driven civic-minded organization, Scoot made a point of being an egalitarian culture and treating all employees from top to bottom with respect

Cons

Financing was always a challenge

3. The latest conversations about Tech

162 Comments

Join the conversation on
  4. 5.0
    Former Employee

Amazing team, loved working and being part of the Scoot family!

Mar 9, 2020 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are awesome. Everyone was working together, and always there to help whenever wherever.

Cons

Some goals were too idealistic. But not really a con.

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Sep 27, 2019 - Senior DevOps Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Worked on fun and challenging problems. Was never micro managed. Well respected and appreciated.

Cons

Office was cold and loud, but hardly a big "con".

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good company culture, safety first

Jun 1, 2019 - Field Technician in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at Scoot as a part-time employee. I felt that safety was first and that company culture mattered. I received motorcycle gear despite working only a part-time schedule. I've worked at other companies where safety equipment was a responsibility of the employee and not the company. I appreciated that Scoot cared about employee safety. The culture seemed to be positive and growth focused which is also something I look for in a company.

Cons

There could be more interaction between the mechanics/field service side of the company and the software/design side of the company.

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company and leadership with Mission and Plan

Apr 13, 2019 - Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team and Environment are really great. People are smart and excited about their contribution. You get to ride the scoots for free inside the office and outside.

Cons

The office is not in a safe location in SF. The pay is average as per SF location.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Strong and passionate belief in mission company wide

Mar 27, 2019 - Field Service Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very friendly and team provoking environment. The former CEO and founder is very inspiring and lead in such a way that I found myself wanting to go above and beyond with day to day work as well as critically thinking of how to make methods more efficient. Great company culture and overall value in the work done.

Cons

There is room for higher efficiency and better use of assets/employees. As a field technician I have run into people delighted with the service, but also people who had some nasty words. If Scoot can keep their fleet of shared e-vehicles tidy and healthy, I think everyone can be happy, whether they use the service or not.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Mission and people make it worth a bumpy ride

Mar 10, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Kind people who want to see the world become a better place. True teammates who want to help when you need it, a safe environment to fail/grow. Super healthy work/life balance: office is empty at 5:30. Free Scooting. Most people are absolutely brilliant and wonderful to work with.

Cons

HQ team works side-by-side with fleet mechanics and vehicle R&D which is cool but really noisy. As the team grows globally it can feel like herding cats sometimes. A lot of transparency (good) but not a ton of accountability (not good). Small player in a big space (not ideal for those looking for insane growth/valuations/unlimited budgets for tech teams). International offices and vendors can be tough to work with sometimes as a woman. Constantly fighting fires, work can feel a bit like fighting a Hydra.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

The best job I've had!

Nov 1, 2018 - Vice President of Design in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

At Scoot you get to work on hardware and software, on a physical and digital experiences. You get to reinvent public transport for the 21st century — and all working with a team of people that are united by the same powerful mission. I can't ask for anything else. Almost a year into my tenure and I love coming to work more every day!

Cons

The mobility space has become competitive — this is motivating but also distracting.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

I enjoy going to the office every day + good engineering challenges

Nov 1, 2018 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exciting engineering challenges, opportunities for growth, ownership and involvement in product. Fun working with IoT tech/data and enabling more access to light electric vehicles in congested urban centers. Great coworkers and mission.

Cons

Occasionally, poor decisions from upper management trickle down and cause engineering / ops teams tons of stress. Maybe this happens everywhere. When this happens, it results in focusing on firefighting instead of investing in the future. Fortunately, some intermediate layers of project/product management are being added.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 22 Reviews