Scorpion Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4
Rustin Kretz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Exciting work environment, intelligent people that you can constantly learn from, endless possibilities to grow (in 12 reviews)

• The company values hard work and repays you well with an amazing work environment, awesome benefits, and great people (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • This is a marketing company, they are brilliant at making crappy things look appealing (in 3 reviews)

• Honestly, this place has no cons (in 3 reviews)

"One of a kind"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

I have been working at Scorpion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Booming tech and marketing company based in Santa Clarita, Just opened a new, insane employee centered building resembling Google and its campus. Sadly due to a major illness I haven’t been in the new building and can’t wait to return. Which is why I’m writing this review- besides the perks (free food, phone, snacks, games, raffles, giveaways etc)- I think one will be hard pressed to find a company like this. For all the success the CEO and the original circle has had, they’ve kept it their small world even as the company is now over like 600people, mostly millennial. The generosity of the CEO is unmatched- it’s like he throws all his money back at the company or showers the employees with it in various forms. The fact that the company is taking care of me while on leave and making my focus my health and nothing else- shows you how different it is. Anywhere else will not care or worse ask you to hit the road- but not Scorpion, and I think it stems from this notion of the CEO making an employee actually feel valued almost regardless of what it may cost. It’s a one of a kind place, and I’m thankful for them. They also do great work- the sites are beautiful and help many firms and businesses attract more customers and change their lives- it is very very client focused.

Cons

None really- they’re always refining their ways to get better and improve on things- and I think they admit quickly what works or doesn’t and tries hard to find the next move- it still has that kind of startup feel even though it’s big now.

"Great Place"

I have been working at Scorpion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company obviously cares for their employees and wants to treat them right. Perks are helpful, thankful for the 65lbs I've added since working here since we eat so much. The job makes you feel like you're helping people.

Cons

The only thing I wish would change is that Scorpion treats it's salary employees like hourly employees. You're expected to at least work 8-5 no matter if you arrive super early, and leaving at 5pm is highly frowned upon and everyone knows it. This salary company has PTO which is used if you're sick or want a vacation, so it always come out of PTO. There's no option to work overtime to make up for a PTO day - even if you work over time every single day all the time.

Advice to Management

Stop treating us like hourly employees - just focus on getting work done. Don't frown at us if someone has to leave before 5pm. or, if 8 hours of being at work is more important than the actual work performed, allow us to come in early to leave early. There's quite a few people who work with east coast clients that would love to start their day early early (4-5am) but not feel pressured to stay to 5pm.... even though we all are up answering emails that early anyway.

"NY Office is a Disaster!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Islandia, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Islandia, NY

I worked at Scorpion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Inititally this company was Driven Local and seemed too good to be true- Management lures you in with ideas about events, team building, activities, cool office, beer at work etc- You come to find out VERY quickly that none of this is genuine and you'll be worked to death with little pay, micromanaging managers who talk about you behind your back and are left out in the cold.

Cons

I can honestly say this was the absolute WORST place I have ever worked for. Employees were blindsided and tossed out during the merger. Management goes behind your back and backstabs you even after you performed well. I have never been more miserable at work. WFH days and PTO were cut after merger and you soon learn you're just another number without anyone caring about you. The positive reviews are fake and planted by the higher ups. TRUST ME- STAY FAR AWAY FROM HERE.

Advice to Management

stop lying and be honest. I couldn't be happier to be at another job and I honestly don't think this company has a promising future.

"Read all the positive reviews. Do they sound real/honest? They're obviously pressured and staged"

Pros

Decent pay
    Nice vibe
    Okish benefits
    Overall a good place to start a career, but don't stay for too long unless you want to kiss up to the top

Cons

These reviews and the fact this is a marketing company should tell you everything you need to know. Culture of dishonesty and pretending everything is great.

What's sad is without this vibe, the office WOULD be a decent/above average place to work

Advice to Management

Stop trying to indoctrinate employees. No one with a brain buys it. Also, if you're going to fake reviews, don't do 6 of them an hour from each other

"Scorpion is an Amazing company and committed to good work and great relationships"

Current Employee - Technical Services in Valencia, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Services in Valencia, CA

I have been working at Scorpion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun and Driven Work Environment

Cons

Long hours are usually required

Advice to Management

Improve the hiring and communication process!

"I will be a Scorpion for Life"

I have been working at Scorpion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Scorpion creates a culture that breeds excellence in each and everyone of its people. Our "WHY" is lived out from the top down every single day and it makes the desire to be great contagious.

Cons

I never want to leave because i love this place so much. I end up spending more time here than i do at home.

Advice to Management

Continue to be a shining example of what it means to Deliver Expectations, and then some!

"Awesome Company!"

I have been working at Scorpion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company has so many benefits! The company values hard work and repays you well with an amazing work environment, awesome benefits, and great people! Best place I have ever worked!

Cons

None to think of! I love this company!

Advice to Management

Keep up the Mojo!

"Amazing Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Valencia, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Valencia, CA

I have been working at Scorpion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunities are endless. Amazing people to work with!

Cons

None that I can think of!

Advice to Management

Keep giving us the opportunities to succeed!

"Internet Marketing Manager"

Current Employee - Internet Marketing Manager in Valencia, CA

I have been working at Scorpion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I absolutely love working here. I have never felt more supported in my career, and I know that the leadership has my back. This place is AWESOME.

Cons

Honestly, this place has no cons. I truly have nothing bad to say about Scorpion and I consider myself lucky to work here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"I truly love this company!"

Current Employee - Vice President of Internet Marketing in Valencia, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President of Internet Marketing in Valencia, CA

I have been working at Scorpion full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I very recently reached my 5 year anniversary with this company and have been nothing but happy. I only wish I could have started sooner. I'm consistently challenged in a positive way, I feel a sense of pride in all of the things the company accomplishes as a collective. As lame as it sounds to use this worn out expression: We really are a family here. I've developed some incredible friendships in my time here. More importantly, working for Scorpion I feel acknowledged for my work and feel appreciated as an employee.

Cons

Scorpion is a fast-paced, and highly dedicated workplace. For those who are very motivated and want to push themselves, it's a great place to shine. For those seeking something slow-paced or basic, they may feel out of place or ill-at-ease.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Continue rewarding and acknowledging employees and keep the culture fun!