Scotlynn Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Scotlynn Reviews

Updated Sep 10, 2019

3.4
Scotlynn CEO Scott Biddle
Scott Biddle
  1. "Logistics Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Scotlynn full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome place to work! Worked my way through training and now have a sucessful book of business. Plenty of help along the way. Started out with good onboarding, good training, then the sr account manager I apprenticed. My GM (and the management group as a whole) was more than helpful with providing the pushes in the right direction and motivation. Uncapped commission is a huge plus (not to the insane money level... yet but im making a great living now). GREAT work environment and culture. Highly recommend working here!

Cons

Its easy to underestimate the amount of work that can be involved, but you get compensated well for that work. Yes its a draw once you go on commission, but so are most sales positions. The on call schedule is my only true complaint.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!

Scotlynn2019-04-08

July 1, 2019

We appreciate your honest feedback and for taking the time to submit a review. Your feedback is important and valued. We will make sure to take your consideration into account and be as transparent as possible about expectations with scheduling moving forward. Thank you!

2. "Horrible work environment"

Former Employee - Logistics Account Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Scotlynn full-time for less than a year

Pros

They gave us Beer on Friday's

Cons

Management, working on Saturdays, NOT a "Team" atmosphere

Scotlynn2019-09-10

September 10, 2019Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. We are sad to hear your experience at Scotlynn did not match your expectations. Please note you can contact Human Resources for the cons you listed regarding management or team aspects. In regards to working Saturdays, candidates and new hires are made very aware of this requirement and are explained this on multiple occasions as we strive to be as transparent as possible. Again, we appreciate the feedback. Thank you.

3. "Fun work environment"

Current Employee - Logistics Account Manager in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Scotlynn full-time for more than a year

Pros

We are a very “work hard play hard environment” and we all build each other up to keep working harder. It’s a great and fun work environment.

Cons

Although the uncapped commission is great when you get into sales, the base salary you make before you get into sales is beyond pitiful, you’re basically working to live for a while before you really start living.

Advice to Management

Overall doing great, but they should invest more into employees before they get into sales and people who aren’t in sales at all.

Scotlynn2019-07-06

July 8, 2019Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to submit your honest feedback. We are glad to hear your experience has been positive so far. We are currently working diligently to provide more opportunities to invest into continuous training for Sales and Non-Sales staff, including a new Learning Management System that will have awesome capabilities with customized curriculums and learning badges to earn. Stay on the lookout for management's announcements on this development.

4. "Great people that work here, the job is extremely tedious and draining"

Current Employee - Logistics Account Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Scotlynn full-time for more than a year

Pros

Uncapped commission plus a bi weekly draw

Cons

On call 24-7 and the sales staff is cut throat for larger clients.

Advice to Management

Reduce the amount of staff in sales and distribute larger clients based on merit not on tenure.

Scotlynn2019-06-10

July 1, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review and submit your honest feedback!

"Good stepping stone"

Former Employee - Logistics Account Manager

I worked at Scotlynn full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good place for some “sales” experiences.

Cons

Unpaid overtime hours. No sick time. Limited vacation. Typical hiring pitch of making obscene amounts of money. Limited knowledge of outside competition within their same industry. Sales numbers are obviously expected to raise yearly, but with no real plan on how to make it happen. Zero continued education/training after your initial break in period..... management is also all over the place from office to office.... Everyone is making up their own rules, and then acting shocked when it comes back to bite them.

Advice to Management

None needed. Management at Scotlynn knows it all..

Scotlynn2019-06-10

July 1, 2019

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to review Scotlynn. In regards to unpaid overtime hours, the Logistics Account Manager position which you specified is exempt and therefore does not require overtime under FLSA provisions. The information you mentioned concerning more opportunities for continued education is currently in the process of seeing improvements. We are working diligently on providing a robust Learning Management System among other aspects that will provide more opportunities for continued education and training. Thank you!

"Average"

Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Scotlynn full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great opportunity to make a six-figure income. Team oriented environment. Office managers are very supportive. Team building activities after work hours.

Cons

This company operates on a draw commission structure and not a "salary-plus". You are expected to work four hours every other Saturday during your six-month training period, every third prior to claiming commission and once a quarter once on commission. The small after-hours team is flooded with work and check calls get backlogged often. The tools used to perform the job are sub-par (soft phones and CRM) and have... caused political riffs within the company between employees. Work/life balance will suffer as business grows due to more issues after-hours. Very strict 8-5, will be punished if even a minute late.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent about expectations in interviews. Could definitely implement more flexibility considering AM's have to spend a lot of time after-hours resolving issues. HR should be seeking out feedback from employees regarding their experience and satisfaction working at the company. Would highly suggest an annual event involving all locations, seems like there's a lot of animosity since no one has put faces to... names between Florida and Indy offices.

Scotlynn2019-03-15

July 1, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide a response to your experience while at Scotlynn. In regards to your mentioning of the compensation structure, we have updated all applicable job postings to reflect this more clearly and strive to provide this information accurately during the interview process. In regards to your advice, we are happy to announce that we have implemented more initiatives to seek regular feedback from staff including periodic engagement surveys and suggestion boxes. Thank you again for your time and input.

"Great internship"

Intern - Hourly in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Scotlynn for less than a year

Pros

Fast paced work environment, Everyone is very friendly

Cons

Paid much less then competition

Scotlynn2019-01-29

July 1, 2019

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear of your positive experience interning and appreciate your feedback and input. We hope you found the internship to be beneficial and have had the opportunity to implement what you learned towards developing your career!

8. "logistics"

I have been working at Scotlynn full-time

Pros

good work environment to be surrounded by

Cons

commission can be difficult to achieve

Scotlynn2019-01-11
  9. "Logistics Account Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Scotlynn full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very rewarding if you can put the work in.

Cons

Work/life balance can be tough

Advice to Management

Try to stay in touch with employees.

Scotlynn2018-09-11
  10. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Estero, FL

I have been working at Scotlynn full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Office Culture is second to none. Management is very supportive. Hard work is rewarded. Lots of out of office social events. Office potluck are always a good time. Many of the people you meet in the office become your out of office friends. "Team" style work environment. I've enjoyed my time at Scotlynn so much that I've recruited friends and family for employment.

Cons

I have no cons to report.

Scotlynn2018-08-23