Scott-McRae Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Hampton Graham

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Customer Service Rep"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Scott-McRae Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great professional atmosphere. Stay busy on the phone helping customers with their car payments. Competitive pay plus bonus plan. 401k plan and many benefits.

Cons

Need options in the medical insurance plan. Additional time in training would be helpful especially relating to the individual departments.

Advice to Management

Doing good job. Like the new team lead positions.

2. "Live by the sword, die by the sword"

Former Employee - Vice President in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Vice President in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Scott-McRae Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good salary and good income. They pay you what you are worth.

Cons

The partners need to be bought out. Mr McRae would Roll over if he saw what was going on. Jeff Curry is a class act. Every one else is cut throat. Glynn Wimberly is a waste of space and doesn't know what an honest days work is. I was with this company for 13 years. Transferred me and my family several times. Out performed every duty asked. After I did their dirty work, they terminated me with no reason. I wasn't the only one. Dave Thompson saved the company single handed. He gets called to serve our country after Auto Credit starts turning a good profit. Comes back and they replaced him with 6 people. He was doing 6 people's job! They stick him in a position that was impossible and he made that work. Bulk purchases that were 15% under what the competitors were giving and he was still producing. Then the man breaks his leg and David Hodges and Glynn Wimberley terminates him. The man serves our country and to pay him back we fire him. I scratch my head and wonder how Auto Credit is still in business. I hope the Graham brothers have the same business sense and passion as their great grandfather did. If not this company is doomed. They might have 60 million in the bank now but with upper management making the emotional decisions that they've been making, this company is doomed. My advise. Work for a real company that cares. Not one that will throw you and your family to the wolves like they did to me.

Advice to Management

Quit, run, go out and actually see what your employees do and maybe get some work ethic. Compliment good work and constructively motivate a bad work hobbit that you probably started. Throw Glynn Wimberly off the building. Take all his money and pride and make him struggle like he has done to so many others.

3. "Customer service/Collection Rep"

Former Employee - Customer Service/Collection in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service/Collection in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Scott-McRae Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive salary, the benefit package is okay

Cons

This place is a joke!!! Very unprofessional and a waste of time. I predict they will be shut down soon.

Advice to Management

Learn how to do just that, manage!!!

4. "DSS IS AN UNFAIR COMPANY"

Current Employee - Key Holder in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Key Holder in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Scott-McRae Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

its a job so I don't collect unemployment and food stamps

Cons

Management is the worst. If you don't kiss butt you are consider on the chopping block. Job is always in a threat. You can not share any of your ideas and if you do your head is back on the chopping block. You do it the managers or supervisor way even if its wrong and you know its wrong. You do it and then have to film record everything they tell you because they will say the never said that. This is a horrible place and the heart ache at Dss is very stressful. Management don't care.

Advice to Management

Advice to the owner of Dss. Clean out your management people and start over they are destroying the company you have work so hard to create.

5. "Much to be desired from this company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Scott-McRae Group (Less than a year)

Pros

FLSA is a joke to this company. They force new staff to work 55-60+ hours but are considered "salary" making less than $1,000 every TWO weeks. I sure hope the new wage and hour salary level is implemented soon bc these jerks will have to change their policies or I see lots of litigation in their future.

Cons

There are no pro's for this company so please see the above since I wrote the most important con above.

Advice to Management

When you say you give paid holidays, like New Years Day, then provide the Holliday. On a day the biz is closed such as Sunday, give your staff an actual paid day off other than the two separate days off during the week. I just hope the EEOC comes to see the internal operations this company utilizes to bring the few employees left some justice.

6. "Technician"

I have been working at Scott-McRae Group full-time

Pros

there are no pros with This company

Cons

Back breaking labor for 5 years with no promotions or raises

7. "Installer"

Former Employee - Vehicle Equipment Installer in Kissimmee, FL
    Former Employee - Vehicle Equipment Installer in Kissimmee, FL

I worked at Scott-McRae Group (Less than a year)

Pros

No pros here, very unprofessional

Cons

Poor management, doesn't value the employee

Advice to Management

Be honest, don't tell the employee what they want to hear, then go back on your word

8. "A great company to work for"

Current Employee - FLORIDA in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - FLORIDA in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Scott-McRae Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a family owned company with a rich history. There are many great people to work with. The automotive business is a challenging and interesting industry to work in. There is a lot of training and support for you to grow professionally.

Cons

I really don't have any. I feel blessed to be doing work I enjoy in a fun and supportive environment.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your employees the way you are. I am excited about the health and wellness program.

9. "BDC agent"

Former Employee - BDC Agent
    Former Employee - BDC Agent

Pros

supervisor was very hands on, lots of community projects, lunch ordered in every saturday, good team mentality

Cons

supervisor could be considered a "hoverer", no room for growth, hours were terrible, no pay increases, tension between team members, gossipy.

Advice to Management

train your team how you'd like them to be, and then trust that you've done your job. don't hover or mother them to death.

"Business Development Representative"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Scott-McRae Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of overtime, work can become tedious but feel as if you have some sort of purpose

Cons

Constant management changes, inability to listen to the "peons" of the company