ScottMadden, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 20, 2019

Found 38 reviews

4.7
S Bradley Kitchens
  1. "Consulting with a Twist"

Current Employee - Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ScottMadden, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good client relationships Good coworkers Interesting work Flexible travel Reasonable utilization Great firm culture

Cons

Travel intensity at times Length of projects at times

ScottMadden, Inc.2019-08-20
  2. "Great Company, Culture, and Life Balance"

I have been working at ScottMadden, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

I work at ScottMadden because of the culture. Everyone has a similar drive to do what is best for the client, to work efficiently, and to prioritize what is most important to them. These three things are directly supported by colleagues and encouraged by leadership

Cons

Because we are a smaller firm there is a lot more business development work that is done by consultants. This while takes time away from client time, is also great for growth and learning opportunities.

ScottMadden, Inc.2019-08-05
  3. "Widely respected by our clients & peers"

Current Employee - Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ScottMadden, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Many clients are long term clients that recognize our value and have built excellent relationships with our consultants; this breaks down a lot of barriers that other consulting companies may face

Cons

Name recognition is doesn't hold the weight of MBB, but we are well respected and recognized in the spaces where we consult

Advice to Management

Keep progressing with firm initiatives to attract and retain talent

ScottMadden, Inc.2019-06-17
  4. "Great culture"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at ScottMadden, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Employees are supported and encouraged to challenge themselves. Partners are responsive to development goals and willing to let consultants expand their skills. It's easy to switch between energy and shared services.

Cons

Travel is typical for management consultants, though I've never had a problem when I asked for some flexibility.

ScottMadden, Inc.2019-05-22
  5. "Pretty good consulting practice, with some limitations"

I have been working at ScottMadden, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent group of colleagues...plenty of smart, capable, and collaborative individuals that you can learn and grow alongside through project and other work. Strong culture reinforces the support system and everyone's openness to share knowledge and spend time together outside of work. Typically smaller project teams force a high level of engagement from everyone, meaning opportunities for exposure are great, but...

Cons

The process of partner business development and staffing practices can lead to a feeling of independent contractors instead of a cohesive firm, its an every-man-for-himself mentality at times. Also, autonomous partner control of business development with little to no outside support from a central org contributes to peaks and valleys in work load. As the firm grows, the ability to connect with everyone, especially senior...

ScottMadden, Inc.2019-05-16
  6. "Fair Company with both ups and downs"

I have been working at ScottMadden, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture to challenge yourself to pursue new areas of interest. The company gives you a lot of responsibility and client facing opportunities early in the process making you a better consultant in the long run.

Cons

Could be a little too small where one person's (partner specially) opinion of you can be a hurdle to big to overcome! It's good when it's good but you know when it's time to go.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and always be open to change. Overall, a great place to work.

ScottMadden, Inc.2019-04-18
  7. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ScottMadden, Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

ScottMadden creates a family first environment, has great people, and provides challenging work along with incredible growth opportunities. The compensation package is competitive.

Cons

The learning curve on new projects can be challenging but are necessary based on experience.

ScottMadden, Inc.2019-04-16
  8. "As good as it gets for management consulting!"

I have been working at ScottMadden, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture is team oriented with very few egos to deal with, in my experience (although it varies by person) travel has been closer to 50%, and the company is a perfect size which allows both internal support/tools yet opportunities to stretch yourself

Cons

The company's practice areas are somewhat niche

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. We can tell you are listening to us!

ScottMadden, Inc.2019-04-16
  9. "Great environment, project work, and clients"

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ScottMadden, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

ScottMadden is a management consulting firm that has people that care about, enjoy working with, and trust each other. Our firm works very hard to gain the trust of our clients by establishing strong, long-lasting relationships and providing high quality work. We hire very talented people that help raise the bar every day and hold each other accountable. We take the time to transition our new employees to the team...

Cons

While we do have several standard methodologies we can use on separate engagements, our firm prides itself on the ability to provide specific, customizable, or unique solutions for each client. This can be challenging for new consultants to learn and manage at the beginning their consulting careers.

Advice to Management

The firm is growing and evolving now to stay ahead of industry trends and consultant expectations. Continue to keep the organization involved in the process and aware of the impacts. Keep the strong culture we have while expanding our strong, diverse talent base.

ScottMadden, Inc.2019-03-28
  10. "Great company that listens to its employees"

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ScottMadden, Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- ScottMadden listens to employee feedback, regardless of the employee level - You can make a big impact on the firm as the firm really does try to support homegrown initiatives - Your colleagues are highly engaged, motivated and smart

Cons

- Does not have the same resources as some of the larger firms for formal training, business development, travel support, deliverable support - A lot of projects can require M-Th travel every week. While this allows you to accumulate airline and hotel points, it can be grueling. However, in the past couple of years, it seems that the firm has been trying to accommodate consultants with different travel needs more

Advice to Management

Continue listening to your employees. Continue examining, re-examining and benchmarking your compensation, benefits, diversity, hiring, and retention practices.

ScottMadden, Inc.2019-03-28