Scottish Rite for Children Reviews

Updated Apr 10, 2022

Found 62 of over 75 reviews

4.2
Scottish Rite for Children President & CEO Robert "Bob" L. Walker (no image)
Robert "Bob" L. Walker

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Nice People(in 6 reviews)
  • "Good pay, benefits, and culture(in 6 reviews)
  • "The staff is friendly and the hospital provides a number of wellness opportunities for staff to take advantage of.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Everyone is friendly.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Competitive Pay and friendly work environment(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

This will be my first time at the Children's Hospital

Apr 10, 2022 - Food Service Worker
    Business Outlook

Pros

10 years Experience in the us army.

Cons

I operate all US Food service Equipment Military US Army.

Scottish Rite for Children Response

Thank you for your 5-star review! We're honored to have you at Scottish Rite for Children. Thank you for your service to your country and for bringing your experience to us!

2. 5.0
    Former Employee

The best place ever!

Feb 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

this hospital cares about its employees, and they pay it forward with excellent patient care

Cons

it’s a smaller hospital, but this is not a con for many!

Scottish Rite for Children Response

Thank you for your 5-star review! We do care about our employees, and those who help us strive for excellent patient care are priceless. We wish you the very best!

3. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not All It Seems to Be

Mar 8, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Mission Staff Appreciation Events Easy Parking Frisco Campus has a great work environment and leadership

Cons

Not as special of a place as they market it to be. It is all talk. Some leadership don't live by the core values of the hospital. There are bad apples that create a toxic work environment. Focused on the past rather than moving towards the 21st century. Work from home is not encouraged except for a few departments. Dallas Campus has a poor work environment. Younger staff are not sticking around.

2 people found this review helpful

Scottish Rite for Children Response

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your candid opinions. We also want you to know that we strive to live by our core values every day, and we believe that the vast majority of our employees and leaders take these values to heart, too. We sincerely hope that you will look for the best in your colleagues and inspire them to do better by leading by example.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Coder II

Dec 31, 2021 - Medical Coding Specialist II in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is a great place to work. Employees here stay for stay for most of their careers.

Cons

Cons could be seeing the children come in with problems or deformities or a rare disease which is heartening to see. But then to see them change when now they can walk where before they could not.

Scottish Rite for Children Response

Thank you for your 5-star review! Seeing children come in with debilitating conditions and then get their lives back — that's why we're here. We thank you for caring enough to be with us as long as you have.

5. 5.0
    Former Employee

Amazing Company

Dec 17, 2021 - Care Coordinator in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

They are a great group of people, very welcoming. And I admire what they do for children every day.

Cons

There is no con's I can think of.

Scottish Rite for Children Response

Thank you for your 5-star review! It was a privilege to have you in the Scottish Rite family. Doing what we do for children is what keeps us going every day!

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company!

Dec 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I loved the culture and the people that worked there!

Cons

They struggled to provide areas of growth and managment was hard to talk with.

Scottish Rite for Children Response

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your positive comments about our culture and people! We certainly strive to find the position that matches each employee's special strengths. And if an employee expresses a desire to find a place in a different department, we will do our best to help them!

7. 3.0

Pay

Dec 1, 2021 - Insurance Verification Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Helps the patients and families.

Cons

Feel that the employees aren't appreciated enough and does not give raises and a yearly bonuses

2 people found this review helpful

Scottish Rite for Children Response

Thank you for your review. We honestly try to listen to and appreciate all our employees. And we reward those who stand out with increased pay and bonuses. Being a nonprofit limits how much we can do, but we hope that, with time, your compensation will bring you more satisfaction. Thanks for being part of our team.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good

Nov 12, 2021 - Registered Nurse in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good. Everything is really good

Cons

Nothing is bad about here

Scottish Rite for Children Response

Thank you for your 5-star review! We're so appreciative of positive employees like you. We hope you'll always feel this way about working here!

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Old Traditions with New Staffing Crew

Nov 23, 2021 - Development Donation Clerk in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits affordable Pay okay My team is cool

Cons

PTO (it's a hospital sort of but I really wish they would revisit the Pto) used your pto for holidays With covid the atmosphere is not the same folks want to avoid people.. I blaming the mask for the tradition if speaking and smiling is gone. Old traditions hurts the idea of remote working or having a hybrid schedule. Majority of the admin staff could work from hope....we all did it for over a year. Trust issues due to the lack of continuing remote work

Scottish Rite for Children Response

Thank you for your review. We know the workplace has changed due to the pandemic, and we are working very hard to make every employee comfortable with today's work environment. We can assure you that we will look into ways to improve that, including our PTO policies, wherever it is possible.

10. 5.0

Great atmosphere

Nov 8, 2021 - Golf Instructor in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is super friendly so makes it very enjoyable.

Cons

Wish I could work more!

Scottish Rite for Children Response

Thank you for your 5-star review! It's great to know that you enjoy being with us. Since you say you wish you could work more, we say we'll take as much of you as we can!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 62 Reviews

Scottish Rite for Children Reviews FAQs

Scottish Rite for Children has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 75 reviews left anonymously by employees. 73% of employees would recommend working at Scottish Rite for Children to a friend and 65% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Scottish Rite for Children employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Scottish Rite for Children. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

73% of Scottish Rite for Children employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Scottish Rite for Children 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Scottish Rite for Children to be culture, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be management, career development, compensation.

Popular Careers with Scottish Rite for Children Job Seekers