Scottish Rite for Children Reviews

Updated Feb 8, 2021

4.0
Scottish Rite for Children President & CEO Robert "Bob" L. Walker (no image)
Robert "Bob" L. Walker
Pros
  • "Excellent work environment, update and positive attitude amongst staff, One of the best work places(in 3 reviews)

• "Most departments seem to have pretty laid-back management, which is nice for work/life balance(in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "The " good old boy " system is alive and well at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital(in 3 reviews)

• "There is a huge division between clinical and administrative functions(in 2 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"Great place to work!"

I worked at Scottish Rite for Children full-time

Pros

Working with the children and families. The staff is awesome in their care for the patients and families.

Cons

None at this time to share.

March 4, 2021

Thank you for your 5-star review! Receiving praise such as yours makes us believe we are doing something right, especially in our care for children. We know that we couldn't do it without positive employees like you.

2. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Temporary Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Scottish Rite for Children full-time

Pros

friendly environment to work in

Cons

unorganized at times on the holiday project

September 30, 2020

Thank you for your 5-star review! It's gratifying to know that you enjoyed our friendly atmosphere. As far as the holiday project, we admit that it gets challenging, but we love it, and it brings children so much joy. We'll keep working to make it a smoother process for our great employees!

3. "Low compensation, but a great place to work"

Former Employee - Communications Specialist

I worked at Scottish Rite for Children full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people at Scottish Rite really are great people and will go out of their way to make your day. The work is rewarding, even if you are not directly involved in the care for the patients.

Cons

The compensation is pretty low.

February 2, 2021

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your acknowledging the great people who work here making a difference in children's lives every day. Our commitment to delivering the highest quality of advanced pediatric care remains our top priority. Employees who have the same passion for helping children find that the rewards far surpass any financial gain. At the same time, we believe that all employees deserve a fair wage, and we strive to do the best for them with the resources we have.

4. "Overall company"

Current Employee - Patient Access Representative in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Scottish Rite for Children full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible schedules, good people, team work

Cons

No room for growth, poor communication

February 2, 2021

Thank you for your review. We agree that having good people who work as a team is our greatest asset. If there are areas where we can improve communication, we pledge to do so, and we're open to suggestions. We strive to do whatever it takes to continue pioneering the treatment of pediatric orthopedic conditions. Thank you for being part of our team.

5. "Great place but know what you're getting in to"

Current Employee - Clinical Research Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Scottish Rite for Children full-time

Pros

Love the organization and mission of the hospital.

Cons

POOR middle management, failure of equal work distribution

February 2, 2021

Thank you for your review. And thank you for endorsing our mission. We regret that you're experiencing difficulty with management and work distribution. We hope you can reach out to others who are in a position to help you. We take the well-being of our employees very seriously.

6. "Love the mission!"

Current Employee - Ortho

I have been working at Scottish Rite for Children full-time

Pros

Seeing the children get the help they need

Cons

upper management tunnel vision, needs younger leadership

May 7, 2019Marketing Specialist

Founded almost 100 years ago, Texas Scottish Rite is a world-renowned leader in the treatment of orthopedic conditions. Even so, we are focused on continually improving, so your feedback is appreciated. Without staff like you we wouldn't be able to deliver our mission. Thank you.

7. "Great Place to Work"

5.0

Pros

I have been here almost 3 years and I think the mission alone speaks for itself; giving children back their childhood. People here are friendly, caring, and compassionate and that holds true for both leadership and staff.

Cons

I think honestly the only con I could say is that change is hard due to tunnel vision.

April 17, 2019Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your five-star review! Our hospital is a unique place to work because we believe in a collaborative approach, utilizing the care and expertise from all departments. Employees like you help achieve our mission by giving children back their childhood. We are so glad that you're enjoying your work experience at Scottish Rite.

8. "Fulfilling"

Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

Pros

Sense of purpose and alignment to greater vision. I love my HR Department!

Cons

Can be slow to adopt change sometimes

April 10, 2019Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your five-star review and your advice! We are so glad that you are enjoying your work experience at Texas Scottish Rite. Our hospital is dedicated to advancing treatment methods, conducting pioneering research and educating health care professionals locally and abroad to serve our commitment of giving children back their childhood. Employees like you help us achieve this mission every day.

9. "Giving Children Back Their Childhood"

Current Employee - Director of Engineering in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Scottish Rite for Children full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Caring place that is dedicated to children

Cons

The Healthcare Industry is currently in flux

March 7, 2019Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! We're so glad that you are enjoying your work experience at Texas Scottish Rite.

"Administration"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Scottish Rite for Children full-time

Pros

The goals and culture of the organization are easy to align persoannaly with and feel proud to support.

Cons

There is very little diversity in the hospital clinical or administrative leadership. The current leadership is primarily comprised of white men, including the board, administration, and clinicians. It feels like a good old boys network with very limited growth opportunities. It is a very highly controlled, mother-may-I, environment with limited empowerment and trust of employees

Viewing 1 - 10 of 43 English Reviews