Scrapinghub Reviews

Updated Jul 1, 2020

4.3
  1. "Part of a World Wide Family"

Current Employee - Executive in Top of the World, UT

I have been working at Scrapinghub full-time for more than a year

Pros

A multicultural company, with understanding of all cultures and work ethics. A company that is always innovating. A company that is prepared to grab change and embrace it. Making the best version of me in a work environment that fits around my life.

Cons

If I had to say a con it would be the time it took for me to understand that remote working is really the best way to work. No more hours sitting in traffic, and arriving stressed before the day has begun. Once I realised I was trusted to work on my own timeframe and told that 5 hours of productive work is better than 8 hours of pretending to work, things really took off .

Scrapinghub Response

December 10, 2019Head of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback and it's great to hear that you are enjoying both working at Scrapinghub and remote working.

2. "Awesome company to work"

I have been working at Scrapinghub full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company culture. Very smart people. Meetups. Diverse opportunities. Goal-oriented.

Cons

Some time you have to overwork to achieve before deadlines, but managers are always open to hear

Scrapinghub Response

December 3, 2018Head of Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to give us this feedback. I know from time to time we all have to work additional hours to meet deadlines and I'm glad you can talk to your manager about this.

"Software Engineer"

I have been working at Scrapinghub full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Remote - 20 VLs per year + holidays of your country which you can move around, effectively making them sort of like VLs - Salary can be good depending if you live in a low cost of living country

Cons

- Not so high salary - Not much room for growth - Sometimes it gets really hectic depending on which client/project you are handling

4. "Software Engineer"

Software Developer in Remote, OR

I have been working at Scrapinghub for more than a year

Pros

completely remote company .. freedom to select your own working hours

Cons

No chance to be part of company shares.

"Software Engineer"

I have been working at Scrapinghub full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A completely remote company with highly skilled employee from more than 20 countries spread around the world. There is not a central office, you are always in the loop by chat and video conferences. Very challenging and interesting problems to solve. Flexible working hours from Monday to Friday and you take the bank holidays that apply to your country.

Cons

No chance to be part of company shares. No 401k or similar retirement plans.

"Engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

I have been working at Scrapinghub full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility to work at any time of the day. Good initiatives of online allowances.

Cons

It tends to get lonely as team members are also remotely based.

"Good but with issues"

4.0
    Former Employee - Python Developer

I worked at Scrapinghub full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fully remote Clear tasks Good management Big team

Cons

Lover salaries then the medium Become boring

8. "Lots of opportunity to be proactive"

4.0
    Former Employee - Test Automation Engineer

I worked at Scrapinghub full-time for more than a year

Pros

You are responsible for results and nobody cares about hours worked. Remote work. A lot of opportunities to make an impact inside the company and be a leader. Opportunity to develop your skills and learn. Some movements on building culture and improving transparency.

Cons

Culture and values feel like a lipstick service sometimes - there are internal processes, actions and attitudes which in my view openly contradict company values. Hiring - I got an offer and was rejected after due to a business review and between the offer and rejections communications were slow and not clear. Termination - I had a meeting where I was told that my contract ends without a prolongation. The reason I got is the change in business priorities, which wasn't clear for me. In seconds after the meeting, I was blocked of everything - email, Slack etc., so I ended up writing goodbye emails to my friends from my personal email. Openly discussing company problems doesn't seem encouraged and I had heard "it's done as in usual business" too often.

Continue reading

"Best place I have ever worked!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cork

I have been working at Scrapinghub full-time for more than a year

Pros

I work with such a diverse, talent and supportive team from all over the world. Great work life balance as I have the freedom to determine my own schedule & working hours. Wonderful company culture with a focus on connecting the team from all over the world. Great career progression opportunities.

Cons

Communication can be a challenge at times.

"Great company with ethical people"

I have been working at Scrapinghub full-time for less than a year

Pros

Remote working, No micro-management, great trust amongst colleagues, everyone is treated very fairly

Cons

Remote working can at times be isolating however employees are urged to connect with each other to combat this. Occasional miscommunication between teams but this is the case in every company I have ever worked for

Found 30 reviews