Scrapinghub Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2019

4.3

"Great place to work"

I worked at Scrapinghub

Pros

-Great people with a real dedication to creating a best in class product -Teams willing to improve processes and dedicated to continuous improvement -Communications handled well overall and everyone is helpful and friendly -Great to work with professionals who are experts in their areas (especially the support team)

Cons

As is normal with younger companies expanding rapidly, it can be difficult to keep up with new features and planned releases for the various platforms

Advice to Management

Invest in dedicated, automation/ QA professionals on the platform teams, introduce automation framework to improve quality

Scrapinghub2016-05-10

"Working for Scrapinghub"

Former Employee - Python Developer in Zagreb

I worked at Scrapinghub full-time for more than a year

Pros

Remote work, flexible hours, part-time or full-time employment, amazing colleagues from all around the world, company develops its own products and the least stress I've ever experienced at work :)

Cons

For me the only con was my inability to structure my time efficiently given so much freedom.

Scrapinghub2016-03-04

"Committed to remote work"

Former Employee - Developer in Tokyo

I worked at Scrapinghub full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is absolutely committed to worldwide remote work - you will never have to visit an office, work times are flexible to accommodate workers anywhere in the world, tasks are typically asynchronous Core code quality is high. Well organized (ticket tracking, work schedules, etc). Chat rooms were the norm for communication. Everyone I worked with was friendly and open minded. Reasonable deadlines,... respectful of home responsibilities.

Cons

Client insourcing is hit or miss. It was sometimes difficult to identify who to contact for different things, or to get assistance/cooperation when there wasn't a clear contact (diffusion of responsibility).

Advice to Management

Working at Scrapinghub opened my eyes to how a company could be run. Please continue to embrace telecommuting.

Scrapinghub2015-12-18

"Awesome Company with awesome culture."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Mumbai

I worked at Scrapinghub full-time for less than a year

Pros

Freedom to work from wherever you want and whenever you want, Highly motivated team, Amazing and helpful colleagues, Chance to work on the latest tech in webscraping, Low stress and pressure.

Cons

Most interaction in Q&A format on chat, should work more on engaging employees and keeping them motivated.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work :), It would be nice to have more face 2 face interaction and discussions on video (maybe weekly), will help in feeling connected and motivated.

Scrapinghub2015-08-20

"Some points can be improved"

Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Scrapinghub full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Being able to work with brilliant minds located across the globe. - Owning your schedule. - Open source is the core of the company. - Hardware allowance. - Online services allowance.

Cons

- Employee referral does not exist. - Management between different teams varies a lot. - The company products are biased, really difficult to see proposed changes implemented. - 20 days off yearly is a bit low on some countries. - Although is possible to get promoted, salary remains the same. - You don't know if your performance is the expected one.

Advice to Management

- A quick monthly meeting with management in order to have feedback on your performance. - Increase compensation.

Scrapinghub2015-08-27

"Exciting and fast growing startup"

I have been working at Scrapinghub full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a fully remote company which is in itself a great benefit: you get to work with really talented people from all around the world. Something I really about working here is that upper management is open to embrace change, I can tell that not only from concrete examples such as the really big and positive changes that have been going on in the platform and technology side of the company but also in the way the... company has accomodated the really fast growth of the last two years (we are 100+ people now), e.g. really clever solutions to managing employee availability, periodic performance reviews that result in salary raises and even internal webinars.

Cons

Probably due to its open source origins and heavily engineer driven culture sometimes stuff needs to be pushed hard in order to make it happen (though on the plus side, the company is open to change so if you make a good case for improvements you definitely will get heard.)

Advice to Management

Please make sure that the fast growth of the company doesn't mean we lose the hacker culture we currently have! So far you've managed to keep it, I hope it stays like that!

Scrapinghub2015-08-05

"Good place to work but can be even better"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Scrapinghub full-time for more than a year

Pros

- work-life balance - smart and friendly people - flexible working hours - remote

Cons

- compensation is low - depends on project, but usually not enough interesting and challenging tasks, especially if you're creating and fixing spiders all the time

Advice to Management

- increase compensation - give opportunity for professional services developers to be involved in company's projects which they consider interesting - currently it isn't possible due to strong involvement in customers' projects

Scrapinghub2015-06-06

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Scrapinghub full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work-life balance is great, as well as leadership.

Cons

Compensation is not very good.

Advice to Management

Give more attention to training and personal growth.

Scrapinghub2014-12-12