KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,892

960 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "flexible hours, the people working customer service are nice, very fast growing scale(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent team

Sep 17, 2021 - Freelance Editor and Proofreader
    Business Outlook

Pros

Scribbr is an excellent place to work as a freelancer. The team in Amsterdam has been a pleasure to work with, and I have never had a negative interaction with them. Furthermore, the senior editors have always provided constructive feedback.

Cons

It would be nice to have benefits tied to employment. However, since I am not a full-time employee, I understand why this is not provided.

2. 4.0

Overall A Good Place to work

Oct 4, 2021 - Freelance Proofreader in Jersey City, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get regular jobs here

Cons

tight deadlines is something to take into consideration

3. 4.0
    Former Employee

Solid company with well-honed systems.

May 16, 2021 - Copyeditor in Virginia Beach, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

They sourced work to be edited and handled payment.

Cons

Quality of material submitted varied tremendously; unable to view ahead of time.

3 people found this review helpful
  4. 2.0
    Current Employee

It's okay in a pinch, but...

Dec 3, 2017 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you are a fast editor, the pay per word can be quite decent.

Cons

The quality of submissions varies drastically. Some people are not even writing in readable English but the management will insist that you edit the document anyway. Sometimes this does not feel completely ethical as there are times when the editor has to essentially rewrite a large portion of the sentences to be readable. Sometimes these orders take so long that the pay per word is very low. There have been times when I have told management that an order is basically incomprehensible and they will not be helpful, and tell me to just continue editing it even if I have very little idea what the student is saying. Sometimes management is not very helpful when it comes to questions about recurring grammar errors in a customer's order. There have been times when I've made an inquiry about an obscure grammar point I was unsure what to do with and received the reply "Just leave it as it is" or gotten an incorrect answer, which I would then find out was incorrect after doing a lot of my own searching online. It is also difficult with the time difference because editors working in much different time zones cannot communicate with the management as easily.

42 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0

Highly Profitable Freelance Destination

Sep 9, 2021 - English Editor
    Business Outlook

Pros

- More than satisfactory compensation for editing as a freelancer - Timely payments twice a month - Detailed information package for smooth workflow and learning - Awesome support from those at HQ - Efficient communication through mail and Slack - A general spirit of camaraderie

Cons

Irregular work during off-seasons, but they provide solutions for this too!

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

remote work from home job, great

Dec 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

flexible working from anywhere in the world decent payout

Cons

no as such downside as an editor

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Young, energetic & driven company

Jun 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good benefits, especially the fact that they have a boat :-). Every last Friday of the month an event, free lunch, and there's always someone up for a beer. - Lot of young, energetic people that are driven to help Scribbr grow - Fast-growing company, not one year is the same and it provides plenty of learning/growth opportunities - Flat organisation, room for innovation and ideas, everyone is treated equally.

Cons

Not that I can think of at the moment.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company to work for!

Jun 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam
    Business Outlook

Pros

Scribbr has a great, international and open company culture with a lot of focus on personal growth. This open culture sparks business and product innovation. Success is being celebrated in style. Simply great to work for 🚀

Cons

The company is currently in its transition from start-up to scale-up. This comes with natural challenges regarding the company's structure. Can be a bit chaotic to some.

3 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great place to work

Apr 28, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team with a relaxed work atmosphere. Fun times with Friday drinks with many other startups in the building.

Cons

None that I can think of.

10. 5.0

Awesome company

Jul 19, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company has a great setup. As an editor, I can choose when and how much I work and which topics I prefer. I get to work on very interesting papers and it’s very rewarding. Even though I live in a different time zone and have never met anyone at HQ, I feel like a part of the team.

Cons

You get paid the same whether the paper needs a heavy edit or a light edit. Papers are usually from non-native English speakers and need a lot of work. To do a proper job on these, you make less money. I believe the company is taking steps to remedy this, and the job flexibility makes up for this issue in my case.

10 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Reviews

Scribbr Reviews FAQs

Scribbr has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 57 reviews left anonymously by employees. 99% of employees would recommend working at Scribbr to a friend and 99% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -25% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Scribbr employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Scribbr. This rating has decreased by -12% over the last 12 months.

99% of Scribbr employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Scribbr 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Scribbr to be benefits, culture, coworkers and the cons to be career development, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Scribbr Job Seekers