Scribe Media Reviews

0 Rating

"Incredible Freelance Opportunity"

Current Freelancer - Editor in Austin, TX

I have been working at Scribe Media for more than a year

Pros

I have worked for BIAB for just over a year as an editor on a freelance basis, and it's been a wonderful experience. The work is steady, the pay is excellent, but most importantly, the culture is exciting. There is a nice mix of experienced veterans of the publishing world and talented young professionals, and it makes for a fun, collaborative experience. There are monthly conference calls, weekly e-mail updates, and constant contact through Slack. I work as a full-time freelancer, but BIAB is my main focus, and I look forward to being a part of the company's continued growth! Note: Though the company is based in Austin, Texas, freelancers work remotely.

Cons

I have yet to experience any downsides to working at BIAB. I will say this -- because the company is still young, many of the processes and procedures are constantly evolving and changing. You must stay active and have a keen attention to detail. To me, that's NOT a downside, but it's worth noting for those of you that will read this.

Continue reading

"Best gig in the gig business"

Current Freelancer - A-List Editor in Mammoth Lakes, CA

I have been working at Scribe Media for more than a year

Pros

BIAB makes freelancing a breeze. The company treats its freelancers just as well as it treats its clients—which is unheard of in my freelance-world experience. The company offers a unique opportunity to engage with interesting, talented, and brilliant people, which makes the job so much more enjoyable. As an editor, I have a steady stream of work, which means a steady stream of income. BIAB pays on time, all the time, and highly respects its freelancers of their time, input, and suggestions. Full-time tribe members are positive, open, engaging, and hilarious. This company lets personality shine, which is so refreshing. Access to all full-time employees, including the CEO and the founders, is encouraged (and they will respond to you, despite having over 125 regular freelancers). Ideas are ALWAYS welcomed and BIAB never claims to know the right solutions to all the problems (hence it being open to freelancers weighing in with their opinions and suggestions). BIAB also shares quarterly reports with its freelancers, something it definitely doesn't have to do. By doing so, it makes the freelancers feel a part of the full-time tribe. BIAB also loves to send gifts to those who go the extra mile to help a client or the company in general and it often sends gifts to freelancers all over the world. The pay is good, the work is fun, and the people are the best.

Cons

As a start-up, the company changes quickly. This isn't so much a con as a fact of life. It can be challenging to keep up with all the changes, but BIAB does an excellent job at communicating all changes within its communication streams.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 2 reviews