ScrollMotion Reviews | Glassdoor

"Growing pains"

Former Employee - Art Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Art Director in New York, NY

I worked at ScrollMotion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They valued employees input and recognized some of the pain points the staff had and were working towards making a change.

Cons

Internal projects were hard to get through the door

Advice to Management

Business alignment

"not looking so hot !"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at ScrollMotion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

free lunch once a month. Some smart individuals (whom will most likely leave soon for something more exciting). Music is on all day and there is a Starbucks coffee machine.

Cons

everyone seems to have a director title but not many people are able to sell the product or hit quota or even get interest in it. meetings about meetings almost daily. sales department almost non existent with high turnover in almost every department. Two major clients paying all the bills which is a huge red flag! after 5+ years in business the company is still burning through cash like crazy. Some folks on the leadership team are way overpaid for what they do day to day.

Advice to Management

close up shop.

"Great company, solving a big creative problem, in an open and supportive work environment."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

- Smart and thoughtful people make up this company (no jerkhole policy)
    - Fun and laid back work environment
    - Great product, lots of opportunities to put your palm prints on a best in class technology
    - Leasership is accesable and engaged

Cons

- It's a startup, which often means long hours and all hands on deck
    - Company's headquarters is across the street from Penn Station, so you want to commit suicide when you walk outside
    - Company is overcoming the hangover of a 2013 management change, hence all the negative GD reviews, as one of the people that lived through this change, it's a totally different company

Advice to Management

- Keep it up! This place is really starting to bloom, don't forget to water it.

"Rewarding exposure to a startup that's genuine"

Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at ScrollMotion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ScrollMotion is a rare case of balance in the NYC startup scene: authentic and approachable management, reasonable hours and competitive compensation all highlight the company's strength as a solid organization rooted with great people. Employees in all departments (sales, project management, creative, product, etc.) have a TON of influence on the direction of the company and are routinely encouraged to speak up at any time

Cons

Mobile technology for the enterprise is still a pretty new thing. It's not always easy to get a super clear message of the product to the market and, consequently, you have to be comfortable with mixing up your approach from time to time.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in top-notch employees!

6. "Most rewarding experience of my career, hands down."

I have been working at ScrollMotion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone at ScrollMotion enjoys working as part of a team, in a very focused and energetic way, in order to deliver for our clients. That teamwork has fostered an environment and culture that is truly enriching, from both a personal and professional perspective. We have fun together.....in everything we do, whether it's pitching our great product to prospective customers or dressing up for Halloween!

Cons

We're building brand awareness, which can take time. We're getting there, and plenty of folks are learning very quickly just how unique the product is.

7. "Great people make for a great company"

Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in New York, NY

I have been working at ScrollMotion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Humbling to work with such great people -- which translates to groundbreaking product and best-in-class design services. The space ScrollMotion is in -- mobile apps for enterprise -- presents a huge market opportunity.
    The leadership team, now assembled, includes world-class talent in each category. And so, ScrollMotion is moving down the path of creating a culture that combines excellence and fun; great progress, more to go. I'm hugely enjoying the journey and the travel companions.
    [Shockingly, I approve of the CEO.]

Cons

Great companies have processes and cultures that drive results and encourage people to work hard and have fun doing it -- Southwest Airlines comes to mind. ScrollMotion is in that in-between period where the processes are being built and where the culture is still coming together.
    The last couple of years have included some very tough staffing decisions, which affect individuals and their families, and are also negative for current staff throughout the organization. The company is still emerging from that shadow.

Advice to Management

Keep sharing information. Keep trusting and listening to everyone. Never stop clarifying and focusing and communicating strategy. If you think you've communicated too much, you're probably halfway there. [More "advice to management" is sure welcome.]

8. "Great company, great team, incredible future"

Current Employee - Chief Revenue Officer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Chief Revenue Officer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at ScrollMotion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been at ScrollMotion for less than a year so far but the people, product, and client list have exceeded my already-high expectations. The CEO is surprisingly candid and transparent, the majority of the people are highly passionate about the product, the work, and client satisfaction, and morale is generally very high.

Cons

If there is a con it's that there are so many different project types coming from existing and new clients that ScrollMotion will have to begin to focus it's product, sales, and services team.

Advice to Management

Keep the transparency, hire right, continue to provide an excellent working environment, and set a high bar for performance.

9. "Dynamic startup environment"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at ScrollMotion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great group of people to work with. Talented, creative, and hard working, but also easy going. Management is amazingly open about the progress we're making which is critical in a rapidly changing business environment. There is a lot of pride in the product, and a lot of energy in the office to make it big with something that could really disrupt the marketplace.

Cons

ScrollMotion is a startup, so there's uncertainty about the future. People that thrive on that kind of uncertainty and potential will do well here.

Advice to Management

Keeping people focused on the potential of the product during times of uncertainty is never easy. Keep up the communication and openness.

10. "Inspired"

Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at ScrollMotion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love the new leadership. Solid and sincere.
    Proud of new product. Proud of team.

Cons

We’re a startup. =uncertainty and turbulence. deal.

Advice to Management

Seems like previous posters have an axe to grind. Clearly those who did not fare well in recent but important business moves?

"Sinking ship, time to jump"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at ScrollMotion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

free lunch friday
    casual environment
    great co-workers

Cons

"HR" is a complete joke
    upper management make poor choices
    documents are not accurate

Advice to Management

listen to your employees. the truth is right in front of your face but you tend to ignore it otherwise this company is going to sink. there are so many creative people here but we can all take our talents elsewhere. people are jumping left and right and the lay-off "wait for an email" scandal was a complete joke. what a professional way to do that one guys! (sarcasm)