Scrub and Beyond Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Karla Bakersmith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Before it was scrubs and beyond it was Life Uniform which focused on a work and home balanced life (in 4 reviews)

• Don't have to dress up, wear scrubs (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The rumors of home office padding the reviews are true, I have been on those calls where they encourage employees to add great reviews (in 5 reviews)

• Those praising Karla for buying out Life Uniform need to be reminded that she helped start (in 2 reviews)

1. "Not a home for career minded individuals"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Scrub and Beyond full-time

Pros

For a smaller organization, there are many facets to the business that are accessible (to a degree) to learn about. Market has some competition which keeps the day-to-day interesting. Some good people there too!

Cons

Smiling but disenfranchised staff. Silos within silos. Leadership is set in their ways. Absence of genuine growth opportunities. Salaries are not competitive. 'Stuffy' culture.

Advice to Management

Humility.

2. "Stressful and high maintenance."

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Scrub and Beyond full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I used to love it here. Company is trying to cut corners to make ends meet and it's costing them great employees! I have no pros to working for this company.

Cons

Long hours, single coverage all the time. When you are short staffed you are treated like it is your fault. None of the higher up employees are willing to help even though they tell you to reach out to them all the time if you "ever need anything." People that spent years with Scrubs and Beyond are gone as well as the staff from Life Uniform. They give you the bare minimum for payroll hours and expect you to uphold their standard for guest services no matter how busy the store is. When you get a secret shop score back that is less than 80% but the shopper still praises you and says how awesome you are despite how busy you are and you still treat them as if they suck at their job you need to rethink your "management skills." I cannot give "guests" full attention when there are 6 people in the store and I am single covered. Be ready to pour your everything into this job and still fail because that's exactly what will happen.

Advice to Management

Take advice from employees that actually work your sales floor. What looks great on paper may not work so well in reality.

3. "Do not believe 5 star reviews!"

I have been working at Scrub and Beyond full-time

Pros

I can not think of any.

Cons

HR/executives are leaving fake 5 star reviews. This just shows how bad it is to work here.
    Executives do not care about or respect their employees. Hard work is never rewarded. You are expected to do the work of at least two people at an entry level salary.
    This company is EXTREMELY lopsided when it comes ti salary.

Advice to Management

Work on company moral and treat people with respect and pay people what they are worth.

4. "dishonest"

I worked at Scrub and Beyond full-time

Pros

Casual dress code and don't need any real talent to work there as long as you are a yes man who tells them how great they are.

Cons

The president Karla used to work at Life Uniform but had to step down because she got caught sleeping with someone on the executive team. She then started Scrubs and Beyond and bought Life Uniform. She then instructed her financial team to cook the books so she could get her bonus, got caught by the investors, claimed to know nothing about it, and fired the financial team to make it look like their fault.

Advice to Management

No point in telling you anything because you think you know everything. A lot of people are taking bets on how long it will be before you go out of business.

"Scrub this job"

I worked at Scrub and Beyond full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great company to get a title and higher pay and then move on to your dream job. Don't stay long though, this company will drain you.
    Pay is above average for retail.
    Great job for medical students and technicians since you will be able to network with other professionals.

Cons

The rumors of home office padding the reviews are true, I have been on those calls where they encourage employees to add great reviews. The true rating on Glassdoor is likely a 2.5 or lower.
    Home office is not very supportive or helpful. Some departments will ignore emails and phone calls indefinitely.
    Special ordering and embroidery systems are incredibly flawed and the reason behind 90% of customer complaints.
    Most customers are verbally abusive and/or bullies. Customer complaints to home office are taken as gospel and employees documented for this.
    Salaried managers hours can balloon to 60 hours or more frequently.
    Hiring and recruiting is extremely difficult.
    Benefits are more expensive than other companies.

6. "Home Office Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Scrub and Beyond full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Scrubs and Beyond has a wonderful blend of employees! Love to be able to work with an outstanding, hardworking team. Teams are collaborative in looking for ways to grow the business and increase customer experiences. Being able to delight a customers and give back to the caregivers that give so much to others each day.

Cons

We are constantly looking for ways to improve. We know we have opportunities like everyone else!

Advice to Management

Keep bringing in the amazing talent! We love working with quality people.

"Assistant Store Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at Scrub and Beyond part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company is moving in positive direction and getting rid of the "bad apples" that choose to be lackluster and not move forward with the company.
    Great for high school & college students.
    Great for networking with health care professionals.
    Regional Manager looks out for her stores and employees.
    Employees voices are heard and addressed.
    Pay is competitive.
    Have contests all of the time for bonuses/prizes.

Cons

The company is doing a lot of new things but you have to be willing to adapt or else this could be a con for you.
    It would be better to have all of the vendors on the vendor directory, especially on weekends.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire genuine people who want to work.
    Continue to listen to your employees.

8. "Administration"

Current Employee - Administration in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Administration in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Scrub and Beyond full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun activities and a great central location for daily commute

Cons

The parking lot doesn't have enough space.

Advice to Management

Like the fun activities (food trucks, summer events).

"Territory Manager"

I worked at Scrub and Beyond full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company has a great goal. Some managers are excellent.

Cons

Growing pains. Goals, but no direction as to how to get there. You do an excellent job, and then they get rid of you because they paid too much in quarterly bonus! Huge territories with high expectations of sales increases. Humanly impossible for 1 person to cover 3 states effectively.

Advice to Management

Don't say, "We are a family". So not true. You are a business trying to figure out how to make it. Don't be so quick to discard excellent sales reps that truly made a difference in your company's reputation.

"Store Manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Burnsville, MN
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Burnsville, MN

I worked at Scrub and Beyond full-time

Pros

Before it was scrubs and beyond it was Life Uniform which focused on a work and home balanced life.

Cons

Gossip is terrible
    People from home office are not helpful and super rude
    Pay is low
    District Managers are never willing to help out. They just want you to figure everything out on your own.

Advice to Management

Listen to store level employees
    No one should have to work 3 full weekends a month
    Pay your employees more. They can certianly go to McDonald's and do an easier job for MORE money. Have nothing good to say about this place. I gave them 5 years of my career life I am so glad I left. Karla bakersmith is no longer the ceo.