SeaMar Community Health Centers Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
Rogelio Riojas

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • High turnover rate makes it frustrating environment to work in (in 7 reviews)

• Upper management does not care about their employees (in 6 reviews)

1. "Great patients, poor administration"

I worked at SeaMar Community Health Centers full-time

Pros

Amazing patient population to work with.

Cons

Administration is antiquated and much more worried about their own interests than the wellness of patients and community. Staff are generally very undervalued here.

2. "Vice President of Operations"

Current Employee - Vice President Operations in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Vice President Operations in Seattle, WA

I have been working at SeaMar Community Health Centers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This community is truly representative of the community and its needs. It was built as community based organization and has stayed that way for forty years. Sea Mar employs many great individuals that choose to be a part of the organization rather than simply collect a paycheck.

Cons

The geographic spread of clinics or locations can make implementation of practices or policies difficult in some situations. However, a lot of work has been done in recent years to improve this.

"Community Resource Navigator"

Current Employee - Community Resource Navigator in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Community Resource Navigator in Seattle, WA

I have been working at SeaMar Community Health Centers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great health insurance benefits, easy to navigate and explore departments-especially helpful if you're trying to rise up in the departments.

Cons

You may be offered one day of semi-helpful training, two at most. A lot of the work is learn-as-you-go. Great because it challenges you to be curious and seek out answers. Bad because if we don't know what is offered we can't help the patients. Also lots of red tape from management. Also it's a community health center so you'll be safe to assume the pay is not the best.

Advice to Management

Trust your workers! We want to help our patients but you make it difficult with all the rules.

"Good place to make a difference"

Former Employee - Clinical Lab Assistant in Marysville, WA
    Former Employee - Clinical Lab Assistant in Marysville, WA

I worked at SeaMar Community Health Centers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent providers, skilled medical assistants, accessible

Cons

pay could be better, but it's a community health center. So it's understandable.

"Burnout"

Pros

Great colleagues, good benefits, dedicated employees

Cons

Upper management needs to get out of their seats and come down to the level where services are provided. Upper management uses scare tactics and has asked clinical staff to do unethical things to co-workers. The hours were so long I had no work-life balance. Every effort I made to reduce my patient load failed and I was near burnout by the time I left. It was wrenching to leave my patients but I had to.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees

"A good starting point"

Current Employee - Group Life Counselor in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Group Life Counselor in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at SeaMar Community Health Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great experience, the job also attracts the most compassionate employees to help you get through the hard times. Management has the ability to make change if you actually bring certain things to their attention.

The work hours are rigid and a bit odd, but it worked out perfectly for my personal schedule.

Cons

Disconnect between floor staff and management, seemed more annoyed by conflict than willing to find a solution as a team. Sometimes the actions add to the negative atmosphere of an already tense work environment.

"Nurse"

Former Employee - Nurse in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Nurse in Seattle, WA

I worked at SeaMar Community Health Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits. Good peers. Many locations. Good Intentions (to care for the under served). Many of the staff are a pleasure to work with.

Cons

Workload has grown immensely for CNA's and nurses at the care center since downsizing in 2016. Many residents who needed less care have since left. New census has many residents who need a lot more cares (read time consuming) than before the downsize. Chronically short staffed. Frequently floats staff to other unit/Cannon House to fill open shifts. Many employees are asked to work double shifts to fill in, or for the no-shows. Frequently short of supplies. Little verbal appreciation.

Advice to Management

Get out of your chairs and Listen to those that actually do the job. Do not be afraid of embracing change. Sea Mar is a good idea. It Could Be Great.

"Read all the reviews"

I worked at SeaMar Community Health Centers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good insurance, great PTO accrual, some of the staff and providers are very passionate and dedicated

Cons

If you read all the reviews, almost all of them really do portrait reality. Senior leadership sets the tone in the organization and unfortunately it's not a very good one.

Scare tactics are a common practice

Forceful and disrespectful

Lack of integrity on senior leadership team. (This is by far the biggest problem)

Advice to Management

Read all the reviews on this site. Can you really egnore what everyone is saying? If everyone is giving similar feedback, it's not a perception any longer...

"Supervisor"

I worked at SeaMar Community Health Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Community oriented, decent pay, good mission

Cons

Staff are overworked, staffing model needs to change

Advice to Management

More recognition for staff

"Clinic manager"

I worked at SeaMar Community Health Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Generous PTO.... that's about it

Cons

Everything. (All past reviews are accurate) Overworked and under appreciated and paid staff. Upper management does not care about their employees. Staff is also super underpaid compared to CEO and top "leaders" make. Very good reason so many jobs are posted.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your staff like crap and give them a raise. Appreciate them. Value who does the grunt work at the organization.