SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment Reviews

Updated May 7, 2021

3.5
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment Interim CEO Marc Swanson
Marc Swanson
Pros
  • "Get to see animals everyday, including walking past the dolphin nursery(in 129 reviews)

• "Good benefits like free tickets to enter parks(in 117 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There are sometimes in the summer you will work long hours(in 62 reviews)

• "Unrealistic goals, low pay, lack of strategy(in 45 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0

Ambassador

May 4, 2021 - Ambassador in Orlando, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly environment to work in

Cons

Can get stressful in situations

2. 2.0

Neat but not worth it.

May 7, 2021 - Security Officer in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get to see all areas of the park, where as most employees only get to see their direct working area.

Cons

Work load is insane. Pay is lower than most security positions, which are typically a lot lower in responsibility. Guests get belligerent often. Seeing behind the scenes can ruin it for you. No one stays long so they are ALWAY short handed. They cut down a lot of benefits during covid, like 401k matching, and furloughed most of the employees, but kept paying their executives bonuses. Just shows the top down executives ethics, which is me first.

3. 5.0

Good place to work

May 3, 2021 - Security Officer in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of nice people to work with

Cons

The male testosterone flying around, and yes I get a lot of you are former military and police officers but you don’t have to make fun guests behind their back and the in your face attitude about how they think they are better then you. Then letting some girls get away with not showing up to work because they don’t feel like it, and then showing up at the park to play instead of coming to work then giving the excuse that they didn’t know they came into work that day. That’s a fireable offense and because she’s sleeping with upper officers she got away with it.

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Treats the animals with respect and love! (but not their employees)

May 3, 2021 - Animal Care Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing care for their animals. The staff honestly goes above and beyond to ensure that the animals get the top care in the industry. Great coworkers and overall it is a fun job.

Cons

Such a disconnect between management and employees. Management will not have your back when you need them too. Their is no work/life balance in this role. The HR team is HORRENDOUS. They will never respond to your phone calls or emails unless it is for their benefit. They will talk down to you! There is no open line of communication between you and them. They recently started implementing scare tactics to get you to abide by what they ask of you. They change the rules in the handbook with no formal announcement or warning. (Also, good luck getting your vacation approved.)

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Management has very poor communication

May 5, 2021 - Designer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good co workers and a tight family environment with co workers

Cons

Management shows major favoritism, lack of communication, very low pay for high skill jobs, lack of upward movement in the company.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Amazing co-workers, no sense of security

Jan 25, 2021 - Adminitrative in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the best coworkers you'll find, family for life, friends for life, true activists and people who care about the animals more than anything, each other, and the well being of the company. Surroundings are always clean and sanitized. Security is always nearby so I always felt fairly safe. There are a lot of life long staffers working there that make the community feel strong and important. I've gotten to be up close and learn about so many amazing animals. I've gotten to talk with people from the zoology and rescue teams to get insight into the efforts they make for all the wild animals in the areas around each park in each state. If you ever get to work for SeaWorld, please ask to tour these facilities before you get laid off, because they are massive and they save so many animals.

Cons

I will preface this by saying I understand that there are times when a company must make one of the hardest decisions ever and lay off employees. That being said, there have been far too many, and it is especially frustrating when people who have been working there since they were teenagers get laid off at 30-70 years old are replaced with super corporate/big-business/ex-cruise line CEO/advertisement/executive types who do not carry the family feel the employees once felt. The amount of layoffs have been painful, nobody is ever prepared for it, and nobody ever fully recovers. The public nature of it often has a concerned family members and friends "checking in" the next few days. Then you get a bunch more work, less help, and no raise.

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 1.0

Honest Opinion: Worked in one of the Restaurants

Mar 29, 2021 - Currently Unemployed and Seeking Work in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-The people there are nice and understanding -You could check out the park after work. -You can get 4 free entrance tickets to the park once a month (only valid for that month) -The job wasn't hard -Very clean environment -45-minute lunch and 15-minute breaks

Cons

-I applied for a completely different job but, they gave me a job as a food preparer in the kitchen and out front (similar to Subway when they make the sandwich in front of you. -Gave zero training or information on the position. The employer grabbed a random employee and told them to put me to work then left. The employee showed me how to make their pizzas. I was then showed the machine they used to wash dishes. Put the dishes on a rack and put them into the machine. You would usually have to scrub them 1st then put them through. -I was put on dish washing duty for almost my entire time working there despite my position supposed to be prepping food. (I worked there for 3 months 4 days a week). I typically washed about 600 dishes at the end of all my shifts. -Standing/walking all day and your feet are sore at the end of the day. -You get covered in water if you are put on dishes duty (BRING EXTRA SOCKS) -Rush hour is almost all day long

8. 4.0

Fun job but low wage

May 6, 2021 - Educator in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun atmosphere, free park passes

Cons

Minimum wage, working in the sun

9. 5.0

n/a

May 1, 2021 - EMT-B in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Love my team and my job. Amazing coworkers and environment.

Cons

I dont have anything to put here

10. 4.0

Great Place

Apr 23, 2021 - Sales Ambassador in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very accommodating towards scheduling especially with school.

Cons

Some days were so busy that breaks were almost forgotten and at times management didn’t order enough product which upset guest and many would argue over it, and sometimes even over how expensive things were.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,342 Reviews