SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 16, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • It's very hard to become full-time (in 46 reviews)

• Standing long hours under the sun (in 36 reviews)

1. "Lifeguard"

I worked at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was only here temporary, but it was such an amazing group to work with. The did wonderful with the training and really cared about the employees.

Cons

There was for sure favoritism and that showed a lot.

2. "The Good Guy of theme parks"

Current Employee - Lifeguard in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Lifeguard in Orlando, FL

I have been working at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most people think of Seaworld as the bad guy of the Orlando theme parks, referring to their past mistakes regarding animal care and trainer safety. However, they continue to treat their workers with excellent care. They pay the best out of the three parks, and hours are given away very fairly. Awesome perks, with little to no restrictions. I work at Universal as well, and can NOT say the same.

Cons

The only things I can think of is that with the hurricane just occurring, I've discovered that they do not pay for hours lost during the event of a park closing. The first unfair thing I've seen yet. Universal does pay for hours lost.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

3. "Good Company To Work For"

I worked at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment full-time

Pros

Environment, Resources, Organization, Values, Energy

Cons

Management, variable scheduling, hours, supervising

Advice to Management

I liked my job, and I loved being a SeaWorld employee, but the restaurant in the Orlando park I worked in was chaos. They kept letting in more guests than the facility could handle. I felt sorry for the guests because they would pay a fair amount of money in hopes they could have a nice meal in an airconditioned, relaxing environment only to have to wait half-an-hour for mediocre food and with no place to sit indoors. I rarely saw the supervisor, and management was not consistent. My advice to management: quality over quantity! People come from all over to experience SeaWorld. A poor dining experience is something a guest will remember for a long time. Also, make sure there are enough resources and employees to handle the number of guests requiring service.

4. "Awesome!!!!"

Former Employee - Merchandise/Photo Ambassador in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Merchandise/Photo Ambassador in San Diego, CA

I worked at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free tickets. Great scenery on breaks. Wonderful people to work with. Communication from management is done well. Everyday is a different day. Enjoying being around tourists and making there say at SeaWorld as special as possible.

Cons

Lots of walking and standing. Uniforms were a bit uncomfortable. A polo shirts would be better to wear. Can't really think of any more cons but this review is a 20 word minimum so I will just say I really enjoyed working at SeaWorld.

5. "I work as a part-time"

Current Employee - Food Service Attendant in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Food Service Attendant in Orlando, FL

I have been working at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a good work environment

Cons

Less than 20 hours per week

6. "Seasonal"

I worked at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment part-time

Pros

Very flexible hours, no downtime when it is busy, good atmosphere

Cons

Lots of downtime when it is slow

7. "It's a job but leaves a much to be desired"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Photographer in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Photographer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment part-time

Pros

Get to work as a photographer. Can be pretty chill and fun when things are running smoothly. The cafeteria serves inexpensive breakfast and lunch and you can get meal tickets which reduce the meal prices further. While employed you can get free tickets for friends and family to visit Sea World, Busch Gardens, Aquatica, and Sesame Place. You receive an employee discount on products and food in the park. When a new ride is going to open employees get to try it first and get paid for their time to do-so.

Cons

Expected to use barely working and broken camera equipment that will take months to replace or repair, if anything at all gets done about it. Working 2 jobs while employed as a photographer (Sales and Photography) and only making .50 cents more than just working Sales. Work in the heat and sun and you don't always have shade or a place to rest when you start to get overheated. Not allowed to use the showers after sweating all day. Work schedule can change last minute without you being consulted to make sure it doesn't conflict with anything, possibly resulting in a call-out and making your team short handed. No commission for up-selling more expensive photo products or for guests purchasing your photos, only get a "commission" if you are working on the register and can up-sell guests on PWPs. Can't use photos you've taken in your portfolio. Some team-leads are absolutely miserable to work with and hate their jobs so they make their employees lives miserable while at work, they will also not always stay on the counter to help when/if issues arise that only they are equipped to handle, instead they go hide behind a camera and take away a shooting position from a photographer to avoid their responsibilities leaving the counter people without leadership and causing issues and backup when a lead is needed to override the register, do a return, address an issue, or be present to answer the phone when other areas call with problems that an employee is not equipped to handle. Uniforms are hot and uncomfortable to be wearing in Florida's intense sunshine and heat, we need summer-time uniforms that we don't have to literally peel off any time we need to use the rest room, at least give us better shorts.

Advice to Management

Please take better care of your employees and make sure their equipment is always in top working order, they are your money makers! Provide better shaded/sheltered areas for employees working in the direct sunlight. Provide showers to all employees working out in the heat, sun, and elements and not just to a select few. Consider doing quarterly reviews and giving hard-working employees a raise or bonuses. Incentives to shoot more and increase accuracy should also be considered, give employees commission or a bonus when guests purchase their photos.

8. "Sales Clerk"

I have been working at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment part-time

Pros

The job was fairly easy! I think it's a pretty nice first job.

Cons

Management can be a little messy sometimes.

9. "SeaWorld Park Hostess"

Current Employee - Park Hostess in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Park Hostess in Orlando, FL

I have been working at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Flexible Schedule
    - Great Atmosphere
    - Tight knit community between coworkers
    - Get to see Dolphins everyday :)

Cons

- Poor Communication between Management
    - Prolong exposure to harsh weather conditions (it's unbearably hot in Florida)

Advice to Management

Fire everyone who constantly needs to be told to get back to work.

10. "Lifeguard"

I have been working at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment full-time

Pros

Fun at times when there are split shifts, and the friends you make

Cons

this was the first year of new management so scheduling and rotations where all messed up. long hours and honestly need a pay raise and the supervisors are all there own group honestly felt like back in highschool.