Sealed Air Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

Sealed Air Corporation President and Chief Executive Officer Jerome Peribere
Jerome Peribere

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The pay and benefits are average for the company of its size (in 19 reviews)

• Good company if you search a good work life balance (in 15 reviews)

1. "Momentum Killer"

Current Employee - Sales Applications Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Applications Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Sealed Air Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Innovative products with real potential to make and change markets.

Cons

Disjointed and windward middle-to-upper management. Constant re-organization destroys morale and momentum. Executive team has a clear vision but fails to sustain change efforts.

Advice to Management

Maintain resolve and direction. Know who you are and act like the leaders you are.

"Going Through a Rough Patch"

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Sealed Air Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Freedom to fail, flexible, more agile than many large companies. As I see reviews of newer people and compare with people that have been around a long time, I get the sense that as a long time employee, I can put things in better perspective. Compared to what we had pre-Obamacare, our medical was very good. As good as public employees get and better. After we became Obamacare compliant that benefit went south. You see many new people say that the pay and benefits are good, and you see older people say they aren't that great, but they are blaming the wrong group. The newer employees are comparing recent experience to the new employer.
    The plant people and most of your peers will be great to work with. Very helpful, friendly and genuine. They are also professionals that know their stuff, and will help each other. It's hard to get hired, but having fortune 500 experience on your resume is good, and there is a lot to learn.

Cons

Constant state of flux. People in Diversey had their lives turned inside out. It was a terrible acquisition and a vanity project for BH, that did not fit the company from the start. I don't blame those people for being down on the company. Depending on where and what division you join, you can have a very different experience in the company. Now they have a shiny new corporate campus full of whiz-kids that have never been on the floor to observe what a manufacturing plant is like, and we now have layers on layers second guessing every move.

Advice to Management

If you hire a manager to manage something, let him or her manage it. There is an increasing amount of analytics micro managing every aspect of every function. You will never be able to run all the operations down to the last detail from your ivory tower.

3. "Finance"

I worked at Sealed Air Corporation full-time

Pros

Many good people work there

Cons

Lack of communication top down

"Lacks transparency and long term vision"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Sealed Air Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good entry level salary and bonus potential. Charlotte HQ is beautiful (if you can stand the open seating policy). Core packaging business is relatively stable.

Cons

Unclear what the long term vision and strategy is. Constant restructure has been stressful. I wish the business was more transparent on the logic behind some of the bizarre decisions that have been made.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent with your future direction and long term vision of the business. Constant restructure and lack of transparency only serves to frustrate employees and will ultimately hurt employee retention.

"Sealed Air loyalty diminished after Grace"

Former Employee - IT Analyst in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - IT Analyst in Greenville, SC

I worked at Sealed Air Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay was decent. Autonomy was ok.

Cons

Company does not consider the effects of their actions on employees' lives.

Open office concept is detrimental to work efficiency. It was slipped that one of the goals was to reduce the amount of square footage per employee. So now, no one has a "home". Just show up and work.

Advice to Management

None. They won't listen.

"Sr Finance Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Sealed Air Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company honors Flexibility and the people are great. The culture is also relaxed and friendly. It was a great place to work.

Cons

It's Hard to get promoted because of the office politics. If management focused on employee morale things could be great.

Advice to Management

Listen to all employees and not just managers

"Machine operator"

I worked at Sealed Air Corporation full-time

Pros

Learned a lot. Enjoyed working there.

Cons

Very fast paced. Pay rate not so good.

"Poor Executive Management"

I have been working at Sealed Air Corporation full-time

Pros

The work life balance is great. I am able to frequently work from home.

Cons

The executive management has no idea what the long term plan is. They do not stay true to their word and continuously make changes within weeks of making a decision on something.

"Good Place to start"

Current Employee - Director in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Director in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Sealed Air Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Company to start your carrier. The pay and benefits are average for the company of its size.

Cons

The company is going through a major transition in selling off one third of it's business. Things at a bit chaotic inside the company

"Very High Stress Work Environment...."

Former Employee - Support Role Manager in Simpsonville, SC
    Former Employee - Support Role Manager in Simpsonville, SC

I worked at Sealed Air Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved the shop floor employees! They were the best group of employees to work with in my entire career. The biggest reason I hated leaving was because I feel like I let them down by leaving because we were a family. I was paid pretty well too.

Cons

I hated every second of working at this site except for the work with the shop floor employees. Most of this was due to my direct manager being out of their mind; the other managers were not much better either. Knee jerk reactions were always around the corner, you never knew what the expectations were as they were not communicated or not communicated well, but you were held accountable for them, I witnessed on multiple occasions employees get their job threatened as a performance motivator, there seemed like not much direction for the company or concerted strategy which created silos and other managers only caring about their goals and metrics which were inflated or downright lies, and all the while the shop floor employees were not cared about and/or reprimanded for common mistakes that were made when using very poorly designed processes/systems in the first place. The one Con that is actually a Pro for these poor managers is that any and all data quality/quantity is very poor, so even trying to show how poorly the process operates is very difficult.

Advice to Management

Your priorities are out of whack, period. You're knee jerk reaction decisions show you know nothing about the process or systems in place as you ask to follow rules that aren't documented which contradict other rules that are, and in some cases are not even possible with the systems you designed in the first place. My advice is not to the management team; they would not take my advice anyways, its to anyone looking for a job at this company and location, it's not worth your stress.