Search Consultancy Reviews | Glassdoor

Search Consultancy CEO Grahame Caswell
Grahame Caswell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Commission structure for Perm Consultants changes after 12 months (not sure about Contract Consultants)" (in 4 reviews)

• "I have yet to come across any which is fantastic news in comparison to my previous track record of picking terrible recruitment agencies to work for" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Good experience"

I have been working at Search Consultancy part-time

Pros

I was doing it along with my degree, so it was extremely convenient that it was flexible. I could go whenever I wanted and it was a decent salary.

Cons

You can't always find shifts

Oct 15, 2018 – Social Media & Events Executive

Hi,

Thank you for leaving your review of Search Consultancy.

We are glad you had a positive experience and wish you luck in your employment with Search and the future.

Thanks!

2. "Exemplary Recruitment Consultancy"

Current Employee - Divisional Manager in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Divisional Manager in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Search Consultancy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Easily the best agency I have worked for from a quality, training and ethics perspective
    - Friendly and respectful working environment
    - No micro management
    - Plenty of opportunity for promotion and career development

Cons

Really nothing that I can think of that's in any way detrimental

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Sep 14, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review on your experience of working at Search. Our values and our industry leading training are what sets us apart from the competition, so I'm... More

3. "Great and best Recruitment Company to work for by far"

Current Employee - Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Search Consultancy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great salary, Commission is fantastic, people are great, you get treated like an adult, no micro managing, extremely fun and professional environment.. IIP Platinum, training is by far the best I’ve come across…. You are rewarded for your hard work continuously and you feel very appreciated..

Cons

No cons. I find any I will update

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Sep 5, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thanks very much for taking the time to leave such a positive, 5 star review. Much appreciated! I'm delighted that you're enjoying your time at Search and feel rewarded and appreciated for all of... More

4. "Fraud"

I have been working at Search Consultancy full-time

Pros

Don't trust these people they r fake kind of people.

Cons

Fake fake fake fake fake

Advice to Management

Bed person not supported

Oct 16, 2018 – Social Media & Events Executive

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience working with Search.

We take allegations surrounding fraud very seriously and would like to investigate this further. We would... More

5. "A great company for hard working, recruitment professionals looking for rewarding long-term careers"

Current Employee - Training Director in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at Search Consultancy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A company that puts the onus on quality over quantity and shows a real desire to help the people who work there to become exceptional at what they do.
    A CEO and COO who genuinely want people to be happy and successful at Search and are willing to help them to achieve those objectives by investing considerable time, money and resources in their initial training and ongoing development; our Platinum Investors in People status is testimony to this.
    A positive environment where people are encouraged to aspire to be the best they can be and where talent is not shackled, but flourishes.
    A positive coaching culture and people with lots of experience who act as mentors and positive role models for less experienced colleagues.
    A company where senior management don't hide behind their titles and are expected to lead from the front by not just "talking the talk", but by also "walking the walk".
    A team environment where success is celebrated by everyone.
    A high number of consistently high performers who have worked for Search for many years.
    Great career prospects for those people who want to lead and grow successful businesses.

Cons

If people have a positive disposition and are hard working, talented and dedicated, there are none that I have seen.

Advice to Management

Never compromise on the quality of the people we hire, because if we want to be recognised as the best at what we do, then we have to make our people the best at what they do and that begins by employing the right people.

Aug 28, 2018 – Marketing Strategy & Planning Manager

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your 5* experience working with Search. We are glad to hear that your time with Search has been positive with many good points to highlight.

We hope that your... More

"Great Training, Horrible Office building!"

I worked at Search Consultancy full-time

Pros

Search seemed to invest a lot of time and effort in training new employees

Cons

I found the working environment to be quite childish and immature. It was not for me, I resigned as it lacked professionalism for me.

Sep 19, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your experience working with Search.

I'm disappointed to read about your negative experience and, although it doesn't make happy reading... More

7. "Training"

I have been working at Search Consultancy full-time

Pros

Very well established company that has good relationships with clients and is on a number of PSL's with reputable companies. Respected name within the industry so candidates are happy to work with us.

Cons

IT equipment, WI-FI and resources need upgrading (or implementing).

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! But please also give some consideration to the IT facilities within the business.

Aug 16, 2018 – Social Media & Events Executive

Hi,

Thanks very much for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoy being part of the Search team and happy with the work our Management are doing.

Thanks!

"Politics"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)

I worked at Search Consultancy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent Year 1 Commission Structure, though it is extremely hard to understand
    A few Directors are personable and approachable

Cons

The politics particularly around Senior Management Level are obvious to see. This also spreads across regions, individual offices and teams.

Not a great place if you're a Technical recruiter, not too bad a place if you're not.

Training is good for trainee's but not very useful or flexible for those with some experience. I would go as far as saying it is a waste of time with those with 12 months experience. It seems to be there to feed the Trainers ego's more than anything.

CEO very strange man, besties with some, blanks others.

Commission structure is extremely confusing, and not even senior management properly understand it. It also punishes the experienced consultants on higher salaries.

Management commission structure is very unattractive when compared to others.

Aug 28, 2018 – Marketing Strategy & Planning Manager

Hi,

We are sorry to hear you have had a negative experience and always welcome feedback on how we can... More

9. "Just no work"

Current Employee - Chef in Leeds, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Chef in Leeds, England (UK)

I have been working at Search Consultancy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I wasnt there to see any pro's

Cons

3 days work in 3 weeks is not something I can live on

Advice to Management

Dont employ people unless you have work, you are ruining their lives

Aug 16, 2018 – Social Media & Events Executive

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback, we're sorry to hear you have had a negative experience working with Search Consultancy. Please could you drop us more details directly at reviews@Search.co.uk and... More

"Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Search Consultancy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Culture, People, Leadership, Training & Development, Flexibility

Cons

not applicable at the moment.

Jul 9, 2018 – Marketing Delivery Manager

Thank you so much for leaving us a 5* review. We are delighted that you enjoy being a part of Search, and hope that you continue to have such positive journey with us. Here's to another five years!... More