Search Consultancy Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Search Consultancy CEO Grahame Caswell
Grahame Caswell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Helpful paid on time fully trained (in 5 reviews)

• Great People across the company, Some of the most comprehensive training I have ever received in 15 (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Recruitment/Sales is hard work, be prepared (in 4 reviews)

• When I worked there the non sales "head office" functions such as marketing, IT and HR were based in a horrible office building in Glasgow (in 2 reviews)

1. "Sales Training"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Search Consultancy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Exceptional and pioneering Sales training deleivered very early in my career with Search. I am an experienced recruiter but have never received training as good as this. Some real light bulb moments delivered in an interactive and professional way.. The training team, led by Gary are exceptionally knowledgable and expereienced at delivering training for the benefit of all delegates

Cons

no downside to this at all

Aug 8, 2017 – Marketing Delivery Manager

Thank you for your glowing review of our our industry leading training programme and it's nice to know even though you have experience in the industry, you found it so useful. We hope you continue to... More

2. "Training"

Current Employee - Divisional Manager in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Divisional Manager in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Search Consultancy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great structure for new starters coming in to the business with fantastic detailed training provided by very knowledgeable trainers.

Cons

Nothing, I can honestly say at this moment in time, all very good

3. "Not as good as they make themselves out to be!"

I worked at Search Consultancy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Colleagues
    OK for someone joining who is new to recruitment

Cons

All teams are managed differently and its all rather talk and no action with certain Managers. The training for anyone that has done recruitment before is patronising, boring and very out of date and very corny....if you have run a successful desk as a temp consultant and you join be aware that you will have been doing it wrong even if you were a top biller!!!
    You only progress through the ranks if you play the game and not about your ability....
    All in all ok for newbies to recruitment and who like to tow the line and enjoy being treated as a child!

Advice to Management

Make training less compulsory for consultants with experience.
    Managers need to all have the same rules and work the same.
    Less on the values and making people feel like children and not adults.

Aug 7, 2017 – Marketing Delivery Manager

Thanks for contacting Search and I'm sorry that you didn’t enjoy your time with us.

We believe that Search offers one of the most comprehensive training programmes in the industry and our... More

4. "Company, Training & Culture"

I have been working at Search Consultancy full-time

Pros

Great People across the company, Some of the most comprehensive training I have ever received in 15+ years in the recruitment industry. Management are all pushing the same values and high standards.

Cons

If you don't want to work for a big company and cannot follow set procedures, this is not the environment for you. If you can handle that side and want an environment to grow and develop, then this is definitely the company.

Advice to Management

Keep the same values that you have shown and supportive environment I have experienced.

Jul 12, 2017 – Marketing Delivery Manager

Thank you for your glowing review of our our industry leading training programme which is being consistently praised by both experienced and new recruiters like yourself. It's especially impressive... More

5. "GREAT COMPANY !"

Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in Sheffield, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in Sheffield, England (UK)

I have been working at Search Consultancy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company values/ Really invest in their staff.

I went on the expansion sales & permanent consultant training courses and being in sales my whole career I didn't think there was much more I could learn.. but boy was I wrong!! With the aid of the brilliant training team who delivered an amazingly interactive weeks training I have not only sharpened the skill set I already possessed but added loads of new techniques under my belt.

The company paid for us to stay in Manchester for the week covering accommodation in a lovely hotel in the city centre and travel expenses.

I really enjoyed the whole experience meet some great people including the managing director Graham Caswell who took time to come and see us in training getting to know us and gave us the opportunity to quiz him which I thought was great and most importantly it enabled me to hit the ground running when I came back off training and filled me with the confidence and tools I needed to effectively do my job regardless of what obstacle I may face.

Cons

None yet but time will tell

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people and continue the great work the training team are doing.

Jul 12, 2017 – Marketing Delivery Manager

Thank you for the time you have taken to review Search.

We're really pleased that you were able to meet and most importantly learn from Grahame. A lot of seasoned and high performing consultants... More

6. "Management"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Search Consultancy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic training, one of the best in the industry
    Great opportunities to progress your career for those who want to take it
    Solid infrastructure with loads of support to help you succeed

Cons

Different specialisms makes it challenging to create one true culture

Advice to Management

Take time to communicate business objectives and performance regularly - via personal delivery

Jul 12, 2017 – Marketing Delivery Manager

Many thanks for taking the time to review Search. We’re delighted that you’ve given us such exceptional feedback and you share our excitement in seeing how you can progress your career here.

With... More

7. "Excellent Training!!"

Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Search Consultancy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Outstanding training scheme, better than any I have had at previous companies. Search are really committed to training their employees to be consultative and knowledgeable.

Cons

I can't think of any cons to working for Search

8. "Fantastic Company"

Current Employee - Consultant in Sheffield, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Sheffield, England (UK)

I have been working at Search Consultancy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing training for all new starters entering the business regardless of job title, for somebody relatively new to recruitment it was essential knowledge and skills i put to use every day. Manager has a comprehensive development plan and path for progression to ensure you aim higher and look for progression and success in your role.
    Bottles of champagne given every month for best performance and good commission structure for Consultants.
    Clear path for progression and promotion so you can set personal goals.

Cons

Working hours can be long and tiring but when you enjoy the job so much the hours are very rewarding

Jun 29, 2017 – Marketing Delivery Manager

We do recognise that... More

9. "What an amazing company to be a part of!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Leeds, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Leeds, England (UK)

I have been working at Search Consultancy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Having come to search as a trainee I feel very luck to have been given the opportunity with such a fantastic company, that supports its staff in so many ways!

Cons

there simply are no cons!

Jun 29, 2017 – Marketing Delivery Manager

Many thanks for taking the time to review Search. We’re delighted that you’ve given us such exceptional feedback and you're so passionate & driven about working here.

Remember our support staff... More

10. "An exceptional place to work..."

I have been working at Search Consultancy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

transparent management style
    clear objectives
    real progression opportunities for all

Cons

must submit minimum 5 words - doesn't seem fair if there aren't any!

Jun 27, 2017 – Marketing Delivery Manager

Many thanks for taking the time to review Search. We’re delighted that you’ve given us such exceptional feedback and we hope you continue to enjoy yourself and continue to progress throughout your... More