KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

SearchAsia

Is this your company?

SearchAsia

Add a Review

SearchAsia Employee Reviews about "environment to work"

Updated Jan 20, 2021

Found 6 of over 82 reviews

3.8
Pros
  • "Fun environment to work in, all the perms here are friendly and approachable(in 7 reviews)

• "The people here are generally very nice to work with, especially since it is a team based environment(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "the official working hours are from 830-6pm, i will change your timesheet accordingly(in 5 reviews)

• "To truly enjoy this job, you have to enjoy a people-oriented, high energy and competitive work culture(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "environment to work"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Current Intern, less than 1 year

Enjoyable and driven

Jan 20, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast-paced yet a very fun environment to work in Team leaders are patient with teaching as well!

Cons

If you are someone who loves to work in a quiet environment OTOT, not suitable

2. 5.0

A Company with Growth Opportunities

Oct 13, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Trained well to be a 360 Degree Recruitment Consultant - Nice people and environment to work in - Strong team based working environment - Opportunity to mentor and grow in the job - Promotion based on performance, suitable for driven personnel

Cons

- Can have better system and technology to increase efficiency and productivity

3. 5.0
      Former Employee

Challenging yet enriching.

Aug 27, 2019 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Very positive work environment where people are highly motivated to do well both for themselves and for the team. - Highly team oriented job where coworkers help each other out to achieve target. People are highly enthusiastic which creates a good working environment - Pleasant work culture where supervisors are very willing to share and teach, as well as pushing each other for the better

Cons

- Challenging job due to the sales nature job. Persistence and diligence are key qualities required for the job

4. 1.0

Honest and objective review

Aug 22, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Convenient location. If you can survive the hectic work environment here, anywhere else will be a breeze. 12 days of annual leave.

Cons

1. Compensation and benefits To be fair, base salary is pretty mid tier taking into consideration the commission. Benefits however are below the market average. Only 12 days of annual leave and staff are not covered for medical until their 6 months (sometimes 1 year) probation is up. 2. Infrastructure Minimal infrastructure put in place to ensure a conducive environment for staff. Staff have no pedestals or shelves to put their belongings. Work desks are also small. Employees place their bags on the floor and paper is strewn everywhere on the table. Very unsightly and disorganized. The chairs are also very old and moldy. Instead of buying new chairs for employees, they replace older chairs with used chairs from an old office. 3. Care for employees Through the stingy benefits scheme and poor infrastructure, you can tell how much the company values its staff. They like to boast of profits and how they are in the black compared to others yet they channel zero of these profits back into their employees. 4. Hygiene It’s very unhygienic here. Hardly anyone comes in to disinfect or clean the place. Bins are open and left overnight. It’s no surprise there are cockroaches running and lurking around the office. 5. Working hours Pretty standard contract hours of 8.30 to 5.30 which almost NEVER happens. If you get to leave at 6.30pm it’s probably because of your birthday or a special event. Most employees work till 7pm everyday. Newer staffs are expected to work beyond 8pm. If you do not work late, you will get called out and get publicly shamed during meetings. Saturday is also a working day and employees are also expected to work half day. 6. Culture Being a small company, it’s natural that some people are quite tight knit. There are also a handful of employees who have worked for a couple years. That being said, the company instills a culture of fear, shaming and strict discipline. New employees are not allowed to huddle together for small talks. Managers will question you about other colleagues in an attempt to fish out more information which will be used against you or your colleagues. The CEO will single you out in front of everyone for minor things such as not working over time and taking 2 days of MC. Very uncomfortable and miserable environment. High turnovers, monthly salary deductions, micromanaging and narrow minded management - this combination is a major red flag for anyone who is thinking of joining.

12 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0

Great place

Apr 10, 2014 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

For a starters, I think it's unfair for people to generalize, just cox one direct leader is a problem. Yes I admit that SA is not a perfect organization. If ppl go into an organization with such unrealistic expectations of having the best mentor and the perfect working environment, however one might perceive it, then u are in for a ride, brocade truth is, u will never find one. Where there Is people, there will always be problems. Truth is, u choose what u want to believe in; what u wanna focus on. U can spend your whole day thinking of negative things, and u will achieve nth. Or u can choose to focus on your end goal. I can be very honest, I rejected a couple of MNCs for SA. There was a point when I felt like I wanted to leave as I imagined that a global company is the way to go. so I explored other places. Then I finally rejected and decided to stay in SA. Because I know that SA has provided me with a very conducive environment for learning and growing. The thing abt the internet is that Only bad comments are heard, and the good ones are swept under the rug. I think that's a very unfair judgement. At any point, I dare to proudly say to them that I'm a searchasian. I've got a great mentor, a great team manager and a great team, and I'll nv exchange that for anything. Yes there are times when we rub shoulders, times when we can't stand each other. But isn't working in a team like that? Isn't this part of out growth an learning process? If you spend your whole life in an unlikely 'perfect' environment, tell me how much can u grow? Yes u will grow old, but u will nv grow up. I can say, there are many consultants, I'm one of them, that are not performing. Our sales are unstable and below mark, my manager doesn't fire me for this. Yes he scolds because there are things that I'm not doing right. But at the end of the day, I must reassure everyone that the leaders, or at least in my team, he holds our hand and makes sure we can walk on our own some day. You can go to any other organization and I can assure you that if you cannot perform, you will be terminated without a second chance.

Cons

Even before people join, they see such negative comments because of that handful of angry ex employees. I almost rejected this great opportunity with SA because of this. But I was told by someone that, on the internet, most angry remarks are exaggeration and perspectives of angry ppl. And you know, whatever angry ppl say should always be taken with a pinch of salt. On the contrary, I offer a perspective of a very happy employee who would not trade this for anything. So now u see, it's not all that bad. I hope this comment has helped uncertain consultants realise that the internet is full of angry people, and those that are happy tend to keep their happiness to themselves.

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

A good learning experience

Jun 13, 2012 - Executive Search Consultant in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Dynamic work environment, independent work with great mentors. Full spectrum head hunting experience from business development till chasing for payables. Great teamwork with given team incentive structure.

Cons

Compensation is slightly below market average. As a local company competing with many big name MNCs, business development can be challenging sometimes.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews