Sears Reviews in Brunswick, ME | Glassdoor

3.6
Sears Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer Edward S. Lampert
Edward S. Lampert

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Family & Work Life Balance- A company where this is very much common (in 231 reviews)

• You will succeed if you apply yourself a lot of great people that will help you succeed good benefits as far as the industry goes (in 335 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance needs to be reviewed (in 219 reviews)

• They make you push people to sign up for credit cards which makes some customers angry (in 484 reviews)

1. "Great review From a Mattress sales associate! In Brunswick, Maine."

Current Employee - Consultative Sales Associate - Mattresses in Brunswick, ME
    Current Employee - Consultative Sales Associate - Mattresses in Brunswick, ME

I have been working at Sears part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The training is very detailed, easy, and positive. Sears manager's, and employees help you keep a positive outlook on helping members and customers. Co-workers treat you like family and help you with anything you're unfamiliar with. We all help keep a clean, satisfied, and totally friendly customer and member experience. You shop with Sears, and your shopping with a family of experts and experts in training. I love working at Sears and I have only been here a week! My advice to you, is look into helping us expand our Sears family!

Cons

Some of the challenges include knowing some of the questions the customers or members have. But that's where other co-workers come in! They break down everything you need to know and give you an understanding of the information so you'll have it for the next time you are asked!

Advice to Management

Keep up the positivity, understanding, and helpfulness! Us employees enjoy it, and appreciate it!

2. "Mediocre at best. They pressure you to sell credit cards, but if you do your job they don't really care."

Former Employee - MCA/Cashier in Brunswick, ME
    Former Employee - MCA/Cashier in Brunswick, ME

I worked at Sears part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most of the employees (when I worked there) were very friendly. Also the job was exceptionally easy.

Cons

It can get very boring sometimes and selling credit is obnoxious.

Advice to Management

Please understand that part time high school students do not care about selling terrible Sears credit cards. Yes we will try to do it because it's our job, but we're not going to do well and you shouldn't try to make us feel bad for not being able to sell very many.

"Good for some not for me!!!!"

Former Employee - Commissioned Sales Associate in Brunswick, ME
    Former Employee - Commissioned Sales Associate in Brunswick, ME

I worked at Sears part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, employee discount, a few good coworkers.

Cons

My manager got fired, I applied for the open management position and was told by human resources that I would get the job as soon as the new sales associate was trained. I was working 32 hrs a week and as soon as I trained the new girl she was hired on to the management position I was promised and so she was my new boss she decided to switch up the schedule and from that day on I was lucky to get 8 hours a week!

Advice to Management

Be honest with employees, management should be accountable for their actions just like every other employee is expected to do.

Showing 3 of 9,459 reviews